Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hi I was wondering on a few things. Sets/Collections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like this XBMC. It's pretty customizable and I've been using it for a while now. I've used PS3 Media Server and Microsoft Media Center as well, so I'm not a total n00b. I just jumped to 11.x recently and love the new stuff it's made things nicer that's for sure. I have put a lot of time into 11.x now and these are things I can't seem to figure out or find pertinent info.

- Sets or collections. When you highlight the set how do I add more stuff/text in there. I can't seem to find anything on tags. I experimented a bit with nfo files but no go.

- How can I set a new pic for sets/collections, it never seems to find anything online for collections. Is throwing a file in a directory the only way?

- Is there a way to get something that can only be detected as a movie to reside instead in the TV folder? Ex. Loonie Tunes volume of cartoons in Movies. I want to have movies in movies folder and tv stuff in tv. If that makes any sense?

- Is there a way to get this running as a service? I thought it included a server portion but I can't find anything on how to activate it. 2 releases for me and I still didn't figure it out, Rofl

Thanks for any help.
I guess its the old, great product and lousy support. Oh well. Thanks anyhow.
(2012-04-10, 23:50)fwookster Wrote: [ -> ]I guess its the old, great product and lousy support. Oh well. Thanks anyhow.

Guess it's more like the old 'users have no patience anymore '
(2012-04-11, 00:20)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-10, 23:50)fwookster Wrote: [ -> ]I guess its the old, great product and lousy support. Oh well. Thanks anyhow.

Guess it's more like the old 'users have no patience anymore '

What can I tell ya, I'm a busy guy too. This is a big community site and I hoped for a quick reply and I was surprised to see nothing. I thought gee, maybe when I get home the next night someone else might give me hints. Instead I'm up the creak without a paddle. Oh is me. But thanks anyhow, maybe someone else will come along. If not, I'm sure I will eventually figure it out.
Movie sets (wiki)

I think the add-on XWMM can be used to edit sets as well.
(2012-04-11, 11:27)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Movie sets (wiki)

Ah cool. I just took a quick glance at that and that does indeed look very cool. I'll give that a look-see tonight for sure! Thanks man!
XWMM is a web interface so you can edit it through your web browser (available in repo).
There's also the Movie Set add-on. You can find it in the skin dev section of the forum.

You can link movies to tv shows.

XBMC will not run as a service. There are some hacks around on the forum.
Busy, i may think lazy ... A google search would give you the same result!
Ohhhh ... And by the way there is a wiki page for xbmc ...
Really i'm getting sick reading such useless and irreverent comments!

(2012-04-11, 11:27)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Movie sets (wiki)

Sorry man, I already used this, just it's been my default web page for so long the name just escaped me. It does not handle art just files in a Collections/Sets. But thanks anyhow.

(2012-04-11, 21:43)butchabay Wrote: [ -> ]Busy, i may think lazy ... A google search would give you the same result!

Google found nothing that worked, I tried editing .nfo files to no avail. Being that I'm lazy as you suggest, I already had his solution installed, I guess as I was 'working' when I replied originally I didn't have time to investigate. As a matter of fact, my lazy ass has been building a kitchen and fixing my car in my garage and I only got to it yesterday to realize it didn't do anything. Ya I'm lazy alright. Glad you are so smart and pegged me.

(2012-04-11, 21:43)butchabay Wrote: [ -> ]Ohhhh ... And by the way there is a wiki page for xbmc ...

Already go there, the wiki is seriously lacking and has rarely ever helped me. Be nice if someone actually updated it. It's the last thing I looked at before coming to these forums and Google.

(2012-04-11, 21:43)butchabay Wrote: [ -> ]Really i'm getting sick reading such useless and irreverent comments!

If it's so irrelevant how come I still have the problem and you can't solve or suggest anything other than put me down? Do you feel superior putting people down? If you are so smart, why don't you give me an answer that works rather than talk smack?
Quote:Already go there, the wiki is seriously lacking and has rarely ever helped me. Be nice if someone actually updated it. It's the last thing I looked at before coming to these forums and Google.

You mean besides the thousands of edits and spam control that I've been doing for the last half year? Maybe if every person who said "someone should update this" helped out and updated something then it would be done by now, rather than just one guy doing most of it.
How am I supposed to edit what I can't even get help on? LoL