Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: airplay stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I got my new IPAD late last night and I did some brief tests of the airplay.

I was streaming YouTube videos to my Apple TV 1 + XBMC Eden + Broadcom HD. It was perfect for SD YouTube video playback, however not with the HD videos.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I assume you can't select if you want to watch 480P or HD on IPAD, HD will always be the first choice if it is available.

If that is the case, did I miss any settings/tweaks which might cause the stutter or the hardware/networking is the bottle neck

Thanks a lot

Regards R
2 Things.

1. It is up to the airplay app u use (e.x. apples youtube app) to decide if HD or SD content is selected. Maybe you can tweak something here in the iPAD settings (there might be settings for youtube in there)
2. AirPlay in the case of youtube "only" transfers the url of the youtube video to XBMC. So its not streamed from ipad to XBMC, but XBMC gets the video from youtube directly. That said you could try the xbmc youtube addon - but it should stutter the same way then...
Thanks.

Is there more documentations about the Airplay in XBMC?

How about some apps which support Airplay, how do they work

Regards R
they work all the same ... not quiet sure what you want to know...