Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nvidia sound and wireless Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a ER1402 emachine (ACER)

My wireless was working fine when i first installed XMBC Ubuntu eden. i could not get normal ethernet to work. The Hdmi audio didnt work either. and after searching i followed suggestions and got it to work. I rebooted and then recieved an error service.py error. wireless not working neither is Audio.

my tasks are the following

1) Audio through HDMI working

2) Instead of wireless getting Ethernet to work.

I am new to ubuntu and learning slowly.

Please can anyone help me with the 2 problems.

I read that i need to update drivers for graphics, ethernet & audio but i cant get a connection.

Any help is very grateful

thank you
bump plz
I have one of these too and I'll see if i can help from my experience of my setup. Couple of questions at the moment

what do you have working? just ethernet? or nothing?
does audio work outwidth xbmc work?
can you play video at all?
Hi ty. I have messed about rebooted and rebooted. and now sound and wireless is working, i am playing a video right through at the minute.
I want to only use wired connection. when i first setup the xbmc i deleted the wireless settings and then i had a problem with connecting normally. then i done the settings for hdmi from here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...controller and then sound worked but when i rebooted wireless, ethernet and audio didnt work and then i noticed the service.py error. which still comes up but audio & wireless is working at the minute.

EDIT:- spoke to soon lol. Just checked and now have password screen up for wireless settings, i put in passcode and doesnt connect.
when you connect by ethernet cable are you getting nothing at all? does the machine appear in the routers list of connected devices?
(2012-04-11, 10:33)syborg Wrote: [ -> ]when you connect by ethernet cable are you getting nothing at all? does the machine appear in the routers list of connected devices?

When i first switched on this morning the ethernet was working for a few mins, then it came up and said wireless connected.
When wireless is on i see the xbmc in my router listed in connected devices
But not had chance to see if it is there when wired

I have just deleted the wireless connection through ubuntu and clicked enable networking, when i click on view connections i recieve an error that no connections are available.
can you go to the terminal with the ethernet cable plugged and run an ipconfig?

and let me know what you get
If i run ifconfig i get eth0: with mac address and aload of info, with 0's in. then LO and then Wlan0

in terminal could you type

sudo ifdown eth0

then

sudo ifup eth0

then
ipconfig
(2012-04-11, 10:57)syborg Wrote: [ -> ]in terminal could you type

sudo ifdown eth0

then

sudo ifup eth0

then
ipconfig

sudo ifdown eth0 gives not configured

sudo ifup eth0 gives ignoring unknown interface eth0=eth0

ipconfig doesnt exist.

ifconfig gives me Image

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid...247A87!238
ok.

can you look at your interfaces file

/etc/network/interfaces

it should only have the following

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
(2012-04-11, 11:17)syborg Wrote: [ -> ]ok.

can you look at your interfaces file

/etc/network/interfaces

it should only have the following

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

Yes them lines are in the file
and that is all?

if so then

sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

then ipconfig
(2012-04-11, 11:25)syborg Wrote: [ -> ]and that is all?

if so then

sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

then ipconfig

yes that is all that was in the file.
I done the restart and had the same results as the picture.

I rebooted the system and wireless came up saying connection is available.

I downloaded the latest nvidia driver from nvidia called NVIDIA-Linux-x86-295.33.run. but dont know how to run it. 1 of the help forums says to boot into recovery mode. by pressing ESC and i have tried this so many times i think i wearing out the key lol.

tbh I'm stumped

if you run a

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

will download and install the newer packages

sudo apt-get install wicd

will install a graphical user network manager which be more help too
Pages: 1 2