Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(2012-12-20, 21:07)tommaazz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all. I have exactly the same problem. I am having a DELL 7720 se with hd4000 and gt650m and i am unable to use hd sound from nvidia. I can only see the supported formats as user gliese. Few days ago i still had my desktop computer with radeon hd6850 and the supported formats listed were HD ones too but now the HD formats arent listed. I cant find a solution. My laptop is connected to Marantz SR5004. Anyone have any solution? Oh and i am using win8
Thanks
Have you done as suggested to gliese581g in post #163? For bitstreaming HD audio, you don't need any other audio codec other than your latest GPU driver......

Yes. I dont have any other codec installed it is odd that when i had desktop radeon the hd sound was working and listed in sound settings but now it is not. And even the driver was by amd and now it says by microsoft...i dont know what is the problem
(2012-12-21, 21:34)tommaazz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. I dont have any other codec installed it is odd that when i had desktop radeon the hd sound was working and listed in sound settings but now it is not. And even the driver was by amd and now it says by microsoft...i dont know what is the problem
Do you see multiple HDMI audio outputs in Windows control panel sound/playback?

No i see only SR5004 HDMI3 (2-high definition audio device) and the laptop output. I really dont understand and even if i check the drivers from nvidia the hd sound is not mentioned anywhere. But since the laptop has two graphics cards i suspect that the problem could be that the movie players are rendered with intel hd4000 graphics because in nvidia control panel i cant use gt650m i can use it only when i try to play 3d games. The hd audio drivers from nvidia should be visible in system properties but they are not. The solution might be to disable HD4000 but i dont know if it is even possible to do that. I have the latest drivers from nvidia and even when they are unpacked the folder in them has nvidia HD sound folder but they are not installed i dont know why. I have even tried to manually install hd drivers but the windows says the best driver is already installed blah blah blah (microsoft one). Damn. If i knew that i would have souch a stupid troubles i would rather upgrade my desktop computer then bought a stupid DELL laptop with cripled functionality (my first and absolutly last laptop!!!), oh well...
If your drivers show as Provided By Microsoft then you do not have the correct drivers installed.
(2012-12-22, 11:04)tommaazz Wrote: [ -> ]No i see only SR5004 HDMI3 (2-high definition audio device) and the laptop output. I really dont understand and even if i check the drivers from nvidia the hd sound is not mentioned anywhere. But since the laptop has two graphics cards i suspect that the problem could be that the movie players are rendered with intel hd4000 graphics because in nvidia control panel i cant use gt650m i can use it only when i try to play 3d games. The hd audio drivers from nvidia should be visible in system properties but they are not. The solution might be to disable HD4000 but i dont know if it is even possible to do that. I have the latest drivers from nvidia and even when they are unpacked the folder in them has nvidia HD sound folder but they are not installed i dont know why. I have even tried to manually install hd drivers but the windows says the best driver is already installed blah blah blah (microsoft one). Damn. If i knew that i would have souch a stupid troubles i would rather upgrade my desktop computer then bought a stupid DELL laptop with cripled functionality (my first and absolutly last laptop!!!), oh well...
Have you update Windows through Windows Updates option? If it is updated, you should have "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)" in Windows control panel Programs and Features. Do you see Audio output device WASAPI: SR5004 (Nvidia high definition....) in XBMC audio output?

It says WASAPI: SR5004 (2-high definition audio device). Nvidia is not mentioned anywhere.
How can i enable Š, Č and Ž in subtitles, instead of S, C, Z. Is it possible? The video is accelerated through gt650m but the sound isnt.
(2012-12-22, 22:28)tommaazz Wrote: [ -> ]The video is accelerated through gt650m but the sound isnt.
It have to recognize Nvidia GPU to bitstream audio.....

You might have EDID issue- EDID Overrides to solve bitstreaming issues for ATI 5xxx's...

(2012-12-22, 22:09)tommaazz Wrote: [ -> ]It says WASAPI: SR5004 (2-high definition audio device). Nvidia is not mentioned anywhere.
In device manager what have you got under Sound, graphics and game controllers? For all entries check Properties and Driver tab, if shown as Microsoft you've got incorrect drivers.

I'm guessing your Dell laptop has switchable graphics, not ever used these so not sure on correct setup but it may well be that audio has to be setup through the Intel HD4000. For Intel you need both the HD graphics driver plus the Intel Management Engine Interface driver.

(2012-11-21, 04:36)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-20, 20:36)mikegc Wrote: [ -> ]If I try in TMT5, they playback is fine, but only DTS, no DTS-HD on my AV receiver.
What is your AVR? For TMT5, did you configure as below?

You can verify the audio file with this- MediaInfo

Sorry for the delay in replying, been fiddling with the set-up and with xmas coming up.

The files are definitely DTS-HD MA (verified with media info).

I have the Onkyo HT-S3505 system, it should support all the modes. TMT5 is configured as needed, but still only DTS shows.

Maybe I have a setup/driver problem, through windows shows as having DTS-HD support. I may try a format and re-install of win7, but trying to avoid it. Any other tests I can do? Maybe I can re-install the DMS audio driver only?

Thanks
Mike
(2012-12-24, 12:31)mikegc Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the delay in replying, been fiddling with the set-up and with xmas coming up.

The files are definitely DTS-HD MA (verified with media info).

I have the Onkyo HT-S3505 system, it should support all the modes. TMT5 is configured as needed, but still only DTS shows.

Maybe I have a setup/driver problem, through windows shows as having DTS-HD support. I may try a format and re-install of win7, but trying to avoid it. Any other tests I can do? Maybe I can re-install the DMS audio driver only?

Thanks
Mike
Have you update Windows through Windows Update option? It might be missing "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)".....can you make sure exclusive mode is selected as shown below?

I haven't encounter any issue on HTPC with DTS-HD shown as supported format in Windows. TMT5 always bitstreaming fine for me.....

(2012-12-22, 17:01)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]If your drivers show as Provided By Microsoft then you do not have the correct drivers installed.

Just want to let you all know that the drivers were the issue. When I used Nvidia's "automatic" driver update/checker function through its website a few weeks back, it said everything was good. I have two separate Nvidia's cards though -- one that supports HD audio and one that doesn't -- so maybe that was why it said everything was correct.

This time I actually manually downloaded the driver package for the GT 520 and when that was complete, the HD audio driver for the Denon receiver switched from Microsoft to Nvidia. All problems solved.

Can play HD audio in XBMC with WASAPI or straight through MPC-HC using LAV. Receiver indicates Dolby True HD / DTS-MA when I do this.

Yay! Thanks all. What a nice Christmas present for me as I just got this working today.
Should I be able to bitstream with this processor and receiver?

Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819115078

Sony STRDH520
http://store.sony.com/p/3D,-HD,-A-V,-Rec...p/STRDH520
(2012-12-27, 04:25)Flinger Wrote: [ -> ]Should I be able to bitstream with this processor and receiver?

Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819115078

Sony STRDH520
http://store.sony.com/p/3D,-HD,-A-V,-Rec...p/STRDH520
Yes....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16