Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to download movie-data for XBMC-enabled devices from main share/library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Totally new to xbmc, I've been exploring its feature for good part of last 4 days. I'm in awe of its power Big Grin

Ok, I've been doing well on my own using google to look up information I need - such as setting up SickBeard/CouchPotato and Sabnzbd, having those configured properly so it post-processes the files well into the destination folders I want.

Not sure if this matter (I don't think it does), but my library is on Windows XP machine. Today, I took the first steps toward setting up share (right now I'm using SMB but eventually I plan to set up NAS/NFS solution).

I am able to successfully get my MacBook Pro (with XBMC installed) to access the shared library on my XP machine. It correctly lists the movies/TV shows on the shared library.

However, I spent some time modifying the "movie information" (fanart, thumbs, etc) on the XP machine (the share) and didn't realize that in default setup, it would not be transferred to my XBMC-enabled device (MacBook Pro in this case).

Is there something in settings that I can use to force it to download movie (fanart/thumbs/etc) metadata from the share?

Apologies if this is already pointed out in a stickie - I am having a tough time coming up with keywords that does not return me results that is not relevant to what I'm looking for (lots of overlapping subjects based on keywords).

Thanks in advance!
Othern than using the mysql method I mean? I was hoping my XBMC device can recognize the movie metadata already downloaded on the library share and I don't care if it downloads the metadata "again" - as long as metadata is the same on both ends. Is this possible?
You can just copy the thumbnails folder from the XP machine to the MBP. Locate the userdata (wiki) folder on both, find the thumbnails folder, and copy it over. (thumbnails folder will also include fanart).