Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCbuntu / Windows samba issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I have an issue that I have been trying to resolve for awhile. First let me describe my hardware:

All my media is on a server running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, with folders shared using hidden shares. Also have MySQL running on this box to sync all my libraries.

In all I have 3 XBMC Installations
- A XBMCbuntu running on an HTPC (the latest Eden)
- 2 XBMC Eden installs running on Windows 7 (a PC and netbook)

Most of the time all the shares work great and I access them from all the XBMC installations. The issue is when I transfer data from any other windows pc to my main media server that contains all my shares, the XBMCbuntu HTPC machine looses connectivity to all the shares and the MySQL. This happens whether I transfer data to or from the media server. I usually fix the issue by restarting the Win7 media server and the connection is restored, the XBMCbuntu htpc usually doesn't have to be restarted. I am not sure if this is a Windows 7 or an Ubuntu issue. Huh

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated, as this is getting to be an annoyance. As my media collection grows I am having to transfer more and more data to and from my various computers. Thanks in advance.

Interesting, i think i have the same thing going on.