Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Library watchdog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-02-09, 20:14)sempervirens Wrote: [ -> ]Also, how is anyone expecting Watchdog to work when Kodi isn't running? It's an addon for Kodi, not a completely separate thing. Lol.
If you're having 'trouble' because you're adding media to your sources while Kodi (and thus, obviously, Watchdog) isn't running, then just tick the preference for "Scan on startup", duh. 
 woops, I'm the idiot – completely misread a couple posts on this page. (and can't figure out how to edit my previous post). nevermind
Just for info: v0.9.7 doesn't work an Matrix. Settings are unreadable and after uninstall a reinstall gets failed!
(2019-07-02, 09:15)nojoe Wrote: [ -> ]Just for info: v0.9.7 doesn't work an Matrix. Settings are unreadable and after uninstall a reinstall gets failed!

+1
(2019-07-02, 09:15)nojoe Wrote: [ -> ]Just for info: v0.9.7 doesn't work an Matrix. Settings are unreadable and after uninstall a reinstall gets failed!

Nod
How can I set Watchdog to scan my videoplaylists for any changes ?
watchdog also disappeared from my extensions but it's still in my addons list and it's still working... without possibility to change settings
(2019-07-29, 22:02)dkangel Wrote: [ -> ]watchdog also disappeared from my extensions but it's still in my addons list and it's still working... without possibility to change settings
Mine stopped working and all of the settings are blank.  Tried update, delete/reinstall, reboot.  Oddly at the same time Library Auto Updater has stopped working too.

Am I the only one?

logs
Also for me  Sad
Hey everyone,

I am using Kodi 18.4 on Raspbian Buster. The watchdog addon does not work for me. It doesn't recognize any changes on my smb drive. I had it working before on Raspbian Stretch.

Here some information about my setup
- kodi runs on raspberry pi
- raspberry pi acts as a media server in my network, database is in mysql
- media source is an ext4 usb drive connected to the raspberry pi and shared over smb
- despite of being a local drive, kodi accesses the media over smb-path to have the smb-paths in the mysql database, not the local paths
- library scan and playback work on the raspberry pi and all of my connected devices in the network, so i am pretty sure everything is setup correctly

Any idea where I could get more information on my issue? The kodi logfile does not contain any information about watchdog itself and also no indication on errors. Watchdog also shows the correct paths in its settings.
Hey, I just found this addon and have a quick question:

When a movie is added while kodi is not running and update and scan on startup is disabled in Watchdog and in the Kodi settings, while this file ever be added to the library without a manual library update?

Edit: And another question: I enabled scan at startup in watchdog for now. I see that, after a reboot, a new movie was added to the library. But the scan is still running after about 10 minutes now. I see it because I can’t edit movies and in the sidebar it says „stop scanning“. Is this normal? When I do a standard update it is finished after a couple of minutes.
(2019-11-13, 02:27)Kincaid Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I just found this addon and have a quick question:

When a movie is added while kodi is not running and update and scan on startup is disabled in Watchdog and in the Kodi settings, while this file ever be added to the library without a manual library update?

Edit: And another question: I enabled scan at startup in watchdog for now. I see that, after a reboot, a new movie was added to the library. But the scan is still running after about 10 minutes now. I see it because I can’t edit movies and in the sidebar it says „stop scanning“. Is this normal? When I do a standard update it is finished after a couple of minutes.
1 - Yes, it will scan your library once it's set the poll intervals. This only works when you have your drives mounted. I know for a fact it will not work with SMB shares, at least it never has for me.

2 - Which platform are you running Kodi on? I know in my case when I was using LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.1.501 it will constantly just scan over and over, especially when I have Artwork Beef enabled.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2019-11-13, 05:35)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-13, 02:27)Kincaid Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I just found this addon and have a quick question:

1 - Yes, it will scan your library once it's set the poll intervals. This only works when you have your drives mounted. I know for a fact it will not work with SMB shares, at least it never has for me.

2 - Which platform are you running Kodi on? I know in my case when I was using LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.1.501 it will constantly just scan over and over, especially when I have Artwork Beef enabled.

Regards,

Shedrock 
I am running on an Fire TV Stick 4K. I stopped the scan manually yesterday, after that a movie was added while kodi was still running and it didn't get added to the library. I started kodi today (with scan at startup disabled) and the new movies are still not in the library. My Pi is providing the files via samba, guess thats why it doesn't work then. Too bad, guess I'll have to find another solution then. Thanks anyways.
(2019-11-13, 12:19)Kincaid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-13, 05:35)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Shedrock  
I am running on an Fire TV Stick 4K. I stopped the scan manually yesterday, after that a movie was added while kodi was still running and it didn't get added to the library. I started kodi today (with scan at startup disabled) and the new movies are still not in the library. My Pi is providing the files via samba, guess thats why it doesn't work then. Too bad, guess I'll have to find another solution then. Thanks anyways. 
Watchdog has always worked for Samba and NFS drive for me, until I tried Milhouse 19.  You do need to set the library drives instead of letting it automatically find them, that only works for local drives.
(2019-11-25, 01:14)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]Watchdog has always worked for Samba and NFS drive for me, until I tried Milhouse 19.  You do need to set the library drives instead of letting it automatically find them, that only works for local drives. 
That's odd. I have been using Watchdog since Helix, or maybe even Gotham and it never worked on Samba shares. I do believe there was a version that did, but later on it was changed. It has always since then only worked on NFS for me. I do know that for me it does not work on LibreELEC 5.0.1 and up because it just triggers updates with Artwork Beef continuously.

Shedrock
Mhh, i installed yesterday a fresh LE 9.1.502 on my RPi4 with Watchdog and Artwork Beef. In Watchdog i set only some custom video folders as source and no continuous triggers with Watchdog or anything else!
If i set the sources in Watchdog automatically then i get continuous scanning on my NAS with NFS shares.