Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Library watchdog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Watchdog added my category folders as TV shows. So instead of Live-Action it now shows as "I''s (Live Action)" and Cartoons as "GO-Cartoons"

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

I disabled Watchdog since it also isn't adding new files but how can I undo the damage done to my folders? How can I make the category folders show up as a normal folder again?
Same here. Watchdog stopped updating libraries when new videos are added on Pi4 buster, kodi 18.4
It suddenly occurred to me after 4 years, that I could mount the smb or nfs shares on /storage/tvshows
I will check on that for nfs tonite smb tomorrow
(2020-01-09, 03:21)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]It suddenly occurred to me after 4 years, that I could mount the smb or nfs shares on /storage/tvshows
I will check on that for nfs tonite smb tomorrow

I'm using nfs mounted paths with 18.5, and Library watchdog does not work.
I mounted my data drive via nfs and found Watchdog seems to work.
I mounted it at the pre existing folder /storage/tvshows with a systemd unit.  LE 9.2/Kodi 18.5.
smb mount seems to work.
 I'm thinking user/password on smb3 may be a problem for some.

I did use "clean on startup" "scan on startup" and set video sources, and "update entire library".

For now I'm staying with nfs to give it a longer test.
(2020-01-09, 18:51)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]I mounted my data drive via nfs and found Watchdog seems to work.
Strange. I'm also using LE 9.2, and Watchdog does nothing. But happy to hear it works for you, that means there is some small error here that I should be able to resolve.
Library Watchdog has always worked perfectly with LE, but only up to 9.0.2 (beta 1 or 2). Anything after that and it just continues to scan in a loop when Artwork Beef is enable, at least this has been my experience.
(2020-01-10, 01:41)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Library Watchdog has always worked perfectly with LE, but only up to 9.0.2 (beta 1 or 2). Anything after that and it just continues to scan in a loop when Artwork Beef is enable, at least this has been my experience.
I am using it in the newest build for pi 4 9.2.0 Kodi 18.5.
Works fine with NFS mounted drive.  Seemed to work with SMB mounted drive.
I was having trouble on the pi3 Millhouse build Kodi 19.0.  I have not checked that with mounted drive only with shared network drive.

I don't even know what Artwork Beef is, I probably don't care.  I don't sit around gazing at the TV.
I don't use auto for the data paths.
The mounted NFS became a problem for other reasons, problems with reconnecting.  I went to SMB shares and it is working frighteningly well.
RPi 4. Le 9.2 Kodi 18.5.  I wonder if the Art work Beef problem isn't similar to the artwork problem with one of the unmentionable apps a couple of years back.
You do need to add a network location in the "browse for new share" Specifying the UNC path and user and password when adding video sources.  You can't use the SMB or NFS browse to that are already there.
Not working in RPi 3B LE9.8 Millhouse Kodi 19
Not working in RPi 4B LE9.8 nightly Kodi 19,  Seems to be Python problem.  tried with NFS and Samba 
Both versions Library Watchdog and Watchdog.

LOG
(2020-02-29, 19:06)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]Not working in RPi 3B LE9.8 Millhouse Kodi 19
Not working in RPi 4B LE9.8 nightly Kodi 19,  Seems to be Python problem.  tried with NFS and Samba 

LOG
Same here, Windows 10 nightly kodi. Addon seems to be working according to the logs, but isn't updating. No errors or notification though, logs are not registering any errors.
(2020-03-08, 20:35)Statler1978 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-29, 19:06)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]Not working in RPi 3B LE9.8 Millhouse Kodi 19

LOG
Same here, Windows 10 nightly kodi. Addon seems to be working according to the logs, but isn't updating. No errors or notification though, logs are not registering any errors.
I have LE 9.2.1.  I forced Watchdog 0.9.7 to work by editing /.kodi/addons/service.watchdog/addon.xml; change Python version (line 4) to 2.7.0.  Most addons don't work in 9.8.0 after 0229 because of some Python confusion.

I did find that updating back from nightlies to the main line requires a clean install or delete and re install addons because all of the addons got migrated by the nightly build and stay that way.

I concede that it does not work with SMB; does work with NFS.
(2020-03-16, 19:14)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]I concede that it does not work with SMB; does work with NFS.
It has always worked this way as far as I remember.
What is the difference between Kodi Auto update and this addon ?
It works immediately on any change.  Auto Updater relies on cron.

Nether of them seems work with Kodi 19, yet.