Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home) in remote.xml doesnt work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I'm running the latest PVR build of Eden and for the life of me i cant seem to map my remote home button to be able to go to the main menu screen of XBMC despite being able to configure all other buttons OK, is there something I am missing?

I have been using LIRC and i can confirm my home button (using the irw command) maps to "KEY_GOTO".

This is the entry in my correspoding Lircmap.xml:

Code:
<homepage>KEY_GOTO</homepage>

And in remote.xml global section I have:

Code:
<homepage>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</homepage>

But it just doesnt seem to be working. Does anyone know if this is the correct action? Are there any logs or debug logging i can put on to get to the bottom of this? Thanks in advance!
Is anyone else experiencing this problem, or is it just me? Sad doh
Some more info..so i've been playing around with it in debug mode and no matter what i do xbmc wont recognise that button! I noticed in keyboard.xml it's defined as "browser_home":

Code:
<browser_home>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</browser_home>

So i've put this also in my remote.xml with all the other commands i have, yet despite this i get the following message in debug log:

Code:
12:44:44 T:7984960   ERROR: Remote Translator: Can't find button browser_home
12:44:44 T:7984960   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 65763:0000000080010162 00 KEY_GOTO devinput (KEY_GOTO)

And in Lircmap.xml i have:

Code:
<browser_home>KEY_GOTO</browser_home>

Any ideas? I think i am starting to go crazy Smile

Infact ive noticed the following[/align] error appear on bootup before i've pressed any buttons, does this mean a configuration error somewhere?

Code:
12:43:39 T:7984960   ERROR: Remote Translator: Can't find button browser_home

you cannot invent remote button names in Lircmap.xml. you either use one of the predefined ones, or you have to use the universal remote way.
ah ha! Thank you! That's the one thing i didnt try for some reason, looks like it's working now that I have mapped KEY_GOTO to <start> and then modified remote.xml.

Thanks again