Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
bigbellybilly,
i love the script, thanks!

one question... i notice that if i have not used it in a while it take quite a good time to dl everything from zap2it and then construct the channel list and such. then when i move the grid, it must "build" it and this takes some time with each cursor move.

is there anyway to have the script periodically dl and build what it needs in the background, maybe upon starting xbmc, so as to eliminate the constant waiting?
i'm trying to configure mytv to use yahoo it channels, but the script stop after download the first channel.

any idea ?

thanks for your help !!

paolo
gahh! having a little trouble with this script. like the guy a few pages ago, it just says "initializing". have left it for like 15 mins to no avail.
i am receiving the rss feeds from xbox scene when the xbox is first powered up. :help:
i even tried editing the channels list to leave only a handful to download, no difference though. any ideas guys?

tia!
cheers.
hi,

problems of that sort are usually cos your running an old build of xbmc.
let me know if that doesnt sort it.

i'll look into the yahoo datasource, they may have changed their site, but i'll check.
hmm, 'tis a strange one as i have the very latest build. at least i'm pretty sure i do, it was the one posted at the usual place on 9th september.
just out of curiousity, when it says "initialising" is it scanning for channels already?
yes it is. (depends on datasource - some get 1 day - some get more per dl), butit only dl if days data files dont already exist.

a mate has just informed me that on fresh installs, the datasource selection screen is partially hidden by the initialising dialog. so it would sit waitng for a datasource to be selected. this could give the impression of hanging.

i'll look into it asap this weekend.
thanks for the reply again billy.

i can see the datasource selection screen behind the "initialising" dialogue and i can move the cursor up and down to highlight them, but due to the dialogue still being displayed the only option available to me is "cancel" ie, i can't actually select any data source.
yes, thats the gui 'first-run' bug.

the solution is to pick any datasource, let it start up, then once into the main script press white btn to bring up the main menu. from there select 'change datasource' to the correct one you wish to use. it will then re-initialise using the new datasource, when you exit that menu.

i just need to sort out my dialogs on first-run.

bbb
billy, you are a gent.
worked straight away, d'oh!
thanks mate, keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
hey bigbellybilly,

my nova - t arrived yesterday and i've already used your excellent script's recording mode  :thumbsup:

i've found a way to stream live tv to the xbox that allows channel changing through a script. check it out here: http://www.seanster.com/avb/

if you have mytheatre installed you can get it up and running with very little hassle.  it works very well too.

i'm wondering if you'd be interested in using the live tv feature as part of your own script.  

i was thinking something along these lines:  if you click on a program on you episode guide and it falls in the "now-playing" time an option could be added to the program-info that comes up to watch that program.  if the program is not in the "now-playing" time that optional button could become "record" instead.  there's all sorts of possibilities i suppose.

i think this could be a pretty exciting project.  it looks like a lot of the works done already in the seanster's mytheatre script - although it might be tricky marrying up the mytheatre channel id with the guide id.

anyway, have a looksey, i'd be interested to get your take on this.  :bowdown:
would people really want to watch a streamed feed instead of just switching to the proper channel on the tv?

i'll certainly try it out thou.

cheers for the info.
well a few things become possible that are not so standard at the moment. you can use it to pause live telly or put it in the background whilst looking through the guide.

together with your guide i'm thinking of sky+ type facility.
(asteron @ aug. 25 2005,20:55 Wrote:scheduling in previous segment is stretched across the whole time grid.  moving the page right and left fixes the bug but moving the page up or down makes you see it again.  clearing the cache also fixes it.  any idea what's up?  this is using the zap2it datasource if that could be a problem.  maybe its related to the gmt offset.
i have the exact same problem with the same setup (using zap2it).  when it first comes up, i have to move right then left to fix it.  not a big issue, but certainly a bug.  fortunately i "only" have 7 channels, so i dont ever have to up/down so haven't noticed that aspect of it.

unrelated, when my pc is running p2p software, it takes forever to d/l the data... after waiting 15 minutes i gave up.  maybe this is something that could be corrected with advanced network settings on my pc, but the way i have it now i just turned on winxp internet sharing and use a crossover cable direct from a network card in my pc to my xbox.   i know this has absolutely nothing to do with mytv itself, but it's still inconvenient for those in my situation (i can't imagine i'm the only one).  the same thing happens if i try to use xlink w/o stopping my p2p software, but in that situation i don't mind getting off my ass and shutting down my p2p software, but when i only need the internet for less than a minute to d/l the tv guide, its hardly worth the effort, i could check the tv guide on the pc quicker w/o shutting it down.  

i don't have a solution, just mentioning it incase you think of ideas.  like maybe downloading more than one days worth of data at a time, or if it could download the data in the background whenever xbmc is running so that when i run mytv it already has everything it needs to display the guide, that would be nice.

the zap2it 'no programme' bug: i'm struggling to reproduce it.

could someone give a zip code / provider etc so i can duplicate your download package and if you could give me a another breakdown of whats happening ?

the possible problem would be that the endtime from the previous day doesnt match the starttime of the first prog in next days file. but the script does cope with that, as its common for channels to go offair overnight. having said that, i've not seen any 'gaps' in end/start from the zap2it channels i've looked. which is why it would help if i could duplicate the problem.

also, if anyone has taken the time to add in missing channel logos, i'd appreciate it if you sent me them so i could include them in the next release ?

zap2it files download times are obviously determined by number of channels in your package. 90+ channels is ~ 2.5meg which is why it only collects 1 day at a time.
it is possible to have a autoexec script that would dl as many days as you'd like at xbmc startup, but how would that affect usage of xbmc if it were to take *sometime* to finish ?

pm sent in regard to repro setup.

one of these days im going to try to get in and make some gui changes to the code Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48