Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
have now. id 1394846
Quote:a simple fix would be to remove all the progressdialogs from the scripts, but that does leave the user a little in the dark asto whats happening...
since this is not the only script affected, i assume something will be done sooner or later. other popular scripts like webradio (kml browser) do not work either.

jonathan has proposed a change in dialogprogress.xml, i will test it tonight and let you know how it goes.

edit: yes, by removing the <visible ...> line from the top of dialogprogress.xml in the pal directory, the problem is fixed!

i have just started using mytv (1.10) with a nebula card and radio times, and i am very impressed with it, thank you!

this thread seems to be getting very long, but i am posting here as it seems to be the logical place.

i have noticed some minor issues with the timers, i wondered if anyone else experienced the same? sometimes i get stuck where the nebula thinks that no timers are set, but mytv has somehow remembered a previous timer. (clock graphic appears on the timeline even though a timer has been deleted). this definitely happens if for exmaple the pc with the nebula card is down for whatever reason.

i then end up not being able to add a timer because it clashes, nor delete it because mytv thinks it doesn't exist. the only work around i have found so far is to delete the channel data cache, which is a bit of a pain waiting for the reload.

a couple of improvements i would like to see:

readability - not really a mytv issude but i'm using pmiii and i would love to make the fonts bigger/clearer but i'm not sure how to do that - can anyone offer any pointers?

it would be nice to have a vertical line on the schedule showing the time "now" so you know where you are.

thanks in advance for any help/advice.

/simon
hi - what version of the nebula software are you using ?

recent versions (beta) have been appauling at remembering timers set from external software or web interface. i use 3.5.0.7 and have no issues whatso ever - ive also seen that in the most recent version that the webinterface works again, but note that they have changed some of the other stuff, so viewing timers and recordings maynot work...

the clashing timers is a known point, although i havent come across examples of where mytv thinks there is a recording where nebula does not - is it related to the first point ?
hi, thanks for the response. i don't think it relates to the version of the nebula software, but for what it's worth i am using the latest non-beta release (3.201). i tried the 3.5 betas but missed way too many recordings and so i decided to wait.

the issue with the mytv timers is easy to reproduce - just turn off your nebula machine and set a timer. you should end up with a timer set (little timer graphic in the timeline) that you can't get rid of unless you delete the cache.

/simon
(jmarshall @ jan. 02 2006,02:37 Wrote:remove the <visible ...> line from the top of dialogprogress.xml in your skin and see if that does the trick.

cheers,
jonathan
mytv stores all timers into a local file. this is so that the guide knows which progs to highlight as having a timer set (with icon) as your scrol throu. otherwise it would have to query the external device (ie nebula card) which may not always be on, which is of course unworkable.

you could always delete the mytv\cache\timers_<date>.dat file to remove all timers.

tbh, you shouldnt be able to set a timer with the nebula card off, as it examines the responses back from theat card before accepting its been set and then adding the entry to the local timers file. i'll look into that.

timer clash checks: now a config menu option.

increase/decrease fonts: i'll look into it.

now time indicator: should be possible. i could use a character but a nice (slim) gfx icon would be nice. any suggestions?

bbb

could be as simple as perhaps a thin vertical line (eg. in yellow if using a blue theme) perhaps?

i haddent checked the possibility of setting timers with the card switched off, as previously it would have been caught with a network error (some of those added at the end of the saveprograme.py file), although i can have a check if needed. clashing timers moved as a config is great - as it will default to the behaviour that the nebula card feeds back i.e. 2 clashing timers on the same mux might be ok, or if you have more than one tuner..

bbb - as a suggestion, have a look at mediaportal skins for possible graphics, as it has a tv section, there are a series of nice icons suited for tv guide. (i`ve personally nabbed a star icon for recordings at the mo..) although worth checking with the author its ok for a wider use...
update on nebula and timers:
set 'save programme method' to 'custom then smb' - this ensures that the nebula card is queried (this is now the default action).
if you've left it as just 'smb' it just creates a file containing prog info and sends it to the smb destination.

either method writes a timer entry to local file on success.
hope that makes sense.

increase epg font size
i currently use the largest available 'font14' for the programme title as drawn on the epg. there used to be a 'font18' included buts not been included in xbmc builds by default for sometime. shame really.

actual time indicator done. it only updates it position whenever the epg is redrawn and not as a timed event.

didnt jonathan post a topic about fonts a whlie ago? i can't find it but i seem to remember being able to use a custom font for a script. or i am wrong.
i did a bit of poking around and file 'common-font18.xpr' does now seem to be included (at least in several sep/oct/dec pimped builds i checked). but, it has no entry in pal/ntsc folders font.xml file. it is in 720p/1080i however.

adding:

<font>
<name>font18</name>
<filename>common-font18.xpr</filename>
</font>

to pal/ntsc font.xml does indeed seem to work ok.

but, as its still not included in the fonts.xml as default, it would mean having to either get everyone to edit the relevant file or copying over a pre-edited font.xml - which runs the risk of overwritting any custom changes a user may have made ... ?

this also may only be true for the pmiii skin ?
wow, thanks for all of the responses on this. i haven't been able to get to the forum for a few days and now i see there has been a lot of development. i'll try the new changes as soon as i can.

i also looked intot the font stuff a little more but decided in the end what it really means is a whole new skin. the pmiii skin looks great for you younger people with 20/20 vision but for me it's a real squint, even with glasses on! i really like the pmiii skin but i'm beginning to wonder if i need a "visually impaired" skin for use on my aging tv Smile

all i need now is for nebula to release a reliable version of their software with the iptv plugin and then i'll be able to watch live streams on xbmc (i think?)

/simon
(bigbellybilly @ jan. 01 2006,15:47 Wrote:have now. id 1394846
looks like the next xbmc release should have the "my programs" problem fixed.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581838

as a workaround in the meantime, this also fixes the problem:
edit xbmc\skin\project mayhem iii\pal\dialogprogress.xml

remove or comment out (as follows) the fourth line:

<--! <visible effect="fade" time="200" start="hidden">window.isactive(101)</visible> !-->

problem solved.
nice to see mytv far outstrips all other scripts downloaded via xbmcscripts... (no.1) guess it just goes to show the amount of work thats gone into the script, and various country info grabbers.. :kickass:

needless to say, well done.
yes, please test latest cvs to see whether the changes in the skin system has fixed mytv progress dialog issues.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48