Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
so is this a tv script that i can use my tv card to watch free to air tv or something else?
If this script is still alive I would suggest:

* Loading the XMLTV file from the local drive (for Windows, using SMB to localhost is a pain)
* Not so Xbox centric, the Xbox controller buttons are actually displayed on screen, ( Again for Windows is a pain)
Jester Wrote:Hi, any mirror for this ?

stupid xbmcscripts seems down yet AGAIN

Thanks !

+1!

want to get my xmas presents working Wink
bounty Wrote:+1!

want to get my xmas presents working Wink

You can install it using the SVN Repo installer

PS: anyone tell me if this works on a mac, i'm having issues...

Cheers.
AaronG85 Wrote:so is this a tv script that i can use my tv card to watch free to air tv or something else?

+1! :-)

I wanna install this later on, I have a tv card, somewhere eating dust on the attic, But I'm not sure what the exact purpose is for this script... So, bbb, maybe a small "what can you do with it" or something?

If this is in fact what I think it is (some sort of Mythtv equivalent) Than I couldn't be happier....
XBMCScripts is having some trouble, I hope they get it sorted, but as its a free service we can't complain too much.

I've made some minor tweaks to v1.18, which does seem to be around when included in the XBMC PC builds. Its mostly to do with skins and language string translations.

A comprehensive readme.txt can be found in myTV\resources\language\English

Try this link from Box.net to download it

I don't have a Mac to dev. any changes, but its been reported to me that it does work.

BBB

I'd like to publicly thank those people who have donated, for using this script and others, to date. You can rest assured your donation was much appreciated and 100% guaranteed to have been spent buying beer Smile
i was trying to run the script but with no luck. This is what i get:

I added the script [XBMC Script myTV_v1.18_20080529.rar] to the scripts folder under myTV.
Started XBMC and went into scripts, and ran the script.
First it says myTV (Running) for like a cpl of seconds and then I get this error:

Quote:Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/myTV/default.py", line 4.... mytv=myTV("script-mytv-main.xml", DIR_RESOURCES) TypeError: XML File for Window is missing

Im running on latest svn build (based on olympia's guide: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44019)

would really like to get this script working Smile

thanks
myTV_v1.18_20080529.rar was a pre-release development beta, not sure where you got it from, but try using last stable release v1.18.1 from http://www.box.net/shared/fnhq9f9euu
BigBellyBilly Wrote:myTV_v1.18_20080529.rar was a pre-release development beta, not sure where you got it from, but try using last stable release v1.18.1 from http://www.box.net/shared/fnhq9f9euu

Got the 1.18.1 copy and extracted it on my laptop (which is windows), now there is there is build.bat, so i executed that (on my windows laptop) which created the BUILD/myTV folder. i ftp'd that into my xbmc's /.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts (which is linux)

Now i got some progress, i go to my scripts inside XBMC and run myTV (which runs Smile and asks me to my data source - which by the way i dont have any based on xml, so i just select any of them) then im asked to slect video source - which is dreambox - so i select that.. anyways my problem is that xbmc crashes every time i try to write something ?!

mu questions are:
1. am i buidling the script right? i.e. on the windws pc (with build.bat) and then ftp'ing the built folder to xbmc ?
2. is there a way to manually just add the config files? just to skip this setup steps and see if the script works

btw: i have changed my setup to Ubuntu 8.04 Server.

update i think the system crashes everytime myTV tries to write to the Config.dat file (this is just a guess) cause everytime i write something in the setup. i only get to write one thing then it crashes (ex. i want to use my dreambox, so i get the setup screen, i write the ip, i close the ip entry window, then when i try to move to the next item, it crases)
just unpack the mytv .zip then copy to the \scirpts\ folder keeping the subfolders intact and that will be enough.

dreambox is supported and running fine on xbmc for windows/xbox , I can't comment on myTV on linux as I've never tried it.

you could turn on debug (edit bbbLib.py and change to DEBUG = True) and enable xbmc debug inorder to get a detailed xbmc.log from when it runs, then mail it me to see if I can find your problem.
I enabled the log, but where can i find the log files?
if its enabled (with AdvancedSettings.xml - see wikki) , xbmc will create a xbmc.log (and xbmc.old_log).

On xbox this is in the root of the installation
On windows its in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\XBMC
This looks excellent, I noticed from the readme that it mentioned SageTV support but I presume that's just scheduling a recording and not streaming livetv ?

It would be excellent if this could integrate some of the work done here;http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/genera...ipt-36590/

So we can have a proper EPG that talks to Mediaportal's TVServer and launches liveTV Big Grin

The linked Mediaportal script works great for me streaming livetv, but the only downside is no proper EPG or Recording Scheduling.
BigBellyBilly Wrote:if its enabled (with AdvancedSettings.xml - see wikki) , xbmc will create a xbmc.log (and xbmc.old_log).

On xbox this is in the root of the installation
On windows its in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\XBMC

i enabled the debugging and finished all the setup screens (which still kills xvmc every time i write one entry in it) but now when i run the script i get this error msg:

Code:
EXCEPTION:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/myTV/default.py", line 4734, in ? mytv = myTV("script-mytv-main.xml", DIR_HOME, "Default")
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/myTV/default.py", line 148, in__init__ if not self.initData(True, True):
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/My Scripts/myTV/default.py", line 561, in initData self.initTimers()
TypeError: getTimersOld() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

i hope this makes any sense to you.

thanks for your help
it all smacks of a bad install. delete it completely and reinstall v1.18.1
but please mail me the full xbmc.log email found in readme.txt
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48