Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [release] Vinci
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As development has stalled a bit over the last month, I think it's best to start with a release.
Do mind this is a first release containing numerous bugs and half of the functions are not implemented yet. (Started from scratch with Foundation as base.)

Download is available at:
mntz.be/vinci

If you have experience in xbmc skinning and want to help out create and maintain this skin, please PM me.
Looking great Mntz but you might want to change the addon id otherwise it loads Foundation.

EDIT: Posting it in Skin Development might get you more coverage.
Oops you're right, fixed Smile
I'll have a look tonight. Looks very nice in the video.
I can't watch the video because of copyright issues regarding the music you use Sad
(2012-04-17, 18:50)otcho Wrote: [ -> ]I can't watch the video because of copyright issues regarding the music you use Sad
hidemyass.com
I tried it last evening and mostly it works and the feeling is really nice.

A few issues :

* I could not open the "Vinci" settings in the settings, is it still wip ?
* it's a bit slower than I expected, especially the transition between home menu and movies or TVShows
* It would be great if the user could change the colour and the transparency, right now the fanart are almost not visible it is a shame
* With the list view in TV show : when you have only one episode the view is a bit strange as the episode is listed on all the screen
* to support TV Tunes and TV guide could be nice improvements
Hi Macgyv

The Vinci settings window is still wip yes. I'd like to first have all important functions in place before starting with customizations.
Thanks for trying!
Hi,

Thank you for the skin.
I'm so glad to see you uploading this. I never got a chance to try Vinci before, back when we were on Xboxes and I didn't have an HDTV, and I have been looking forward to Vinci 2 ever since you first mentioned it. I love the look of it, and I understand that you're still working on it so I will limit my feedback to one thing. I use a large 16:10 monitor in my room as my TV, and I'm used to certain things, like text or posters being squished, but stretched fanart is always really distracting. Here's an example of what I mean, in case I'm not clear.

16x9: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1087/16x9x.jpg
16x10: http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5326/16x10.jpg

To fix it for people like me, you can add this:
Code:
<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>

After:
Code:
<texture background="true" diffuse="globalBladeDiffuse.png">$INFO[Listitem.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>

So it'll look like this now! http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6590/16x10fixed.jpg

Since it'll look correct on any resolution, I hope you'll add this from now on. Blush
Thanks that's good to know, i'll add the fix Smile
Looks nice. I really like how you handled the context menu.
Thanks. The whole idea is to keep 'real' dialog boxes to a minimum. A media center shouldn't be looking like a general OS in my opinion. For the same reason the dialog to change a cover or fanart is integrated in the info window.
looking great.. very elegent in appearance.. the light instead of dark
is refreshing.
Mntz,
I really like the skin (as I did with the original!). Two questions...

1) Can you add an option for color themes, or changing colors in Settings (text, overlays, etc)? Aeon variations have this and it is very nice. My problem is mainly the white text is very difficult for me to see, even with my glasses on.

2) Can you make an option to change the speed of the larger animations? I love how the main overlay moves up/down but it is a bit slower than I'd want. I have a dual core E7400 w/ 8GB RAM - it is fast so I know the issue is the timing of the animation.

thanks!
Pages: 1 2