Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC crashes when i try to play some media.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, the title says it all really. When i try and play some videos, XBMC just crashes. It doesn't seem to be restricted to any one format, some videos just cause XBMC to crash.

I have had the same media playing flawlessly on a previous installation of OS X. So i really have no idea what could be causing this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
not a clue until you post xbmc.log. for all we know, you might be using some ancient build on a ppc G3.
Sorry, it's a hackintosh running 10.7.3.

Heres the log ... http://cl.ly/3a1j0W1f3n203a3X3d0c

Thank you,
Chris
try again, this time turn on debug and also post the crashreporter.log
Ok, here you go... http://cl.ly/1S3X2d0I0z371y3C120J

Thanks,
Chris
Cocoa_GPUForDisplayIsNvidiaPureVideo3 is crashing when it does a CFDataGetBytePtr(model) where

model = (CFDataRef)IORegistryEntrySearchCFProperty(dspPort, kIOServicePlane, CFSTR("model"),
kCFAllocatorDefault,kIORegistryIterateRecursively | kIORegistryIterateParents);

my guess is that "GL_RENDERER = ATI Radeon Barts XT Prototype OpenGL Engine" fails to enter the "model" correctly into the IORegistry.

As I've never, ever seen this to fail with the standard Apple graphics cards, it must be some hackintosh thing.

I would try turning off Apple VDA Decoder, there's no way it would work anyway.
Thats strange because it was this exact setup that worked before. Like i said, it's only some videos that cause this.

I dont really understand what your saying either lol. Whats this Apple VDA Decoder? Are you suggesting that my card is not compatible? Because it works right out of the box, all i did was edit my DSDT to allow HDMI audio (which is what i did before when it worked).

Is there any way i can try the old version of XBMC? The only difference im aware of this time is im using a newer release.

Thanks,
Chris
Apple VDA Decoder is Apple's hardware video decoder, for h264 format. It has nothing to do with the display or hdmi audio.
Arh Ok thanks.

Where can i find the previous release of XBMC? It's the only thing i can think of thats different.
Ok so im a fucking idiot. I managed to find the old version of XBMC, but that crashed too!

I was playing around with my hackintosh a few days ago and set GraphicsEnabler to No, then forgot to turn it back on lol. Now it's on XBMC runs as i would expect it too.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Chris
HAHAHAHA, at least you admitted it Smile most would silently run away and hide.