Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-09-24, 02:55)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-23, 22:44)ztrust Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Vbat
MC saves genre info I think it is wrong, or atleast not optimal. MC saves it like this
<genre>Action/Adventure/drama</genre>
The problem is when you look up by genre in xbmc/kodi instead of getting
Action
Adventure
Drama
You get one genre that is action/adventure/drama
whereas if it is saved like
<genre>Action</genre>
<genre>Adventure</genre>
<genre>Drama</genre>
you get a propper list of genres in xbmc/kodi and not combined genres

Here is me hoping
Ztrust

Just checked Media Companion, and in the movie's nfo the genres are saved as
Code:
<runtime>131 min</runtime>
  <mpaa>R</mpaa>
  <genre>Action</genre>
  <genre>Thriller</genre>

We do use the format
Code:
<genre>Action / Comedy</genre>

But this is only in the moviecache.xml, which is internal to Media Companion, not scraped by XBMC.

What movie, what scraper, was used to get your above mentioned format of Genre??

BTW, scraping the primary plot from IMDB option has been added to Media Companion. Will be available in the next release.

First off awesome with the plot Wink Thank you
And I checked my genre list in xbmc and it seems there is a red thread where the genres are combined.
All my cartoons with animation in the genre have combined genre´s and they are scraped with imdb scraper.
secondly its all my danish movies wich are scraped with tmdb danish scraper
and then its all my stand-up where I added the standup genre myself
but all "Ordinary" movies use the propper genre tag, so im thinking maybe its me that fucked something up I will try to redo em again when next realease is out.
[Request]
In regards to this last line may I request an easy´r way to change genres it takes awhile to manually delete and retype new genres and then there is the problem with spelling errors
Thank you for the reply

Ok now I have checked nfo and xbmc and there is nothing wrong with any Genres its seems xbmc dont clean genres on clean library I have remove animation and Danish movie sources and rescanned again and genres are in the correct format I do apologize there seem to have been some leftovers
I'm not sure if it would help, but texturecache.py by Milhouse might help with the cleaning of your database.
See this thread [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Else, you might have to blitz your database and rescrape all your movies/tv shows from fresh.

I'll have to think about the Genre issue. I am concerned on where to add this function, ie: Table and/or Alt movie editor, maybe the main Browser? And then there's the list. English? or do we have a translated list? how many languages? how to select which language list to display?

I would think that your custom movies are the minority, then it would be best to rescrape the Genre field. The latest Media Companion will allow rescraping the Genre field using TMDB, so maybe worth you giving that a try first.
I am no developer so I dont know how hard it would be to implement but posebli* let the scraper populate genres in the selected lang and save them to the database, and add checkboxes or something similar for easy selection.
Again I am no developer but to change genre as is, is not very user friendly.
will look forward to next release
Ztrust
Well, the scraper does populate the Genre's when you scrape a movie etc, but it only scrapes the genre's for that movie. There isn't a general list available to choose from. And, then there's the language of the genre's as well.

Basically, MC would need to have a complete list of Genre's that a user can select from, but what about those Genre's in different languages? It would be easy to have just English available, but what about Danish, German, Dutch, Spanish etc? We'd need to have Adventure in each language. And how would a user select their preferred language in MC?

This is my crux. How to support each possible language if we created a selectable list.

Hmmm....something to think about.
could the selectable list not be only in english but save the data in the selected lang?
I´d be happy to translate danish and use google translate for others
I need to know how often this affects users? is this for scraped movies or for custom movies not found on IMDB or TMDB?

There is a lot of work involved in
1. Creating the gui for selecting from a list of Genre's (not too difficult)
2. Creating and maintaining translations (Not too difficult, but the more languages, the harder this will become)
3. Creating a language selection interface for the Genre list. (Unless this was matched to the Preferred Language option in Movie Preferences)
I could see a xml file, where users could customize and add words for their language, using English genre names as the base node. ie:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<GenreWords>
    <Adventure>
        <de>Abenteuer</de>
        <fr>Aventure</fr>
    </Adventure>
    <Drama>
        <fr>Drame</fr>
    </Drama>
    <Comedy>
        <de>Komödie</de>
        <fr>Comédie</fr>
    </Comedy>
    <Musical>
    </Musical>
</GenreWords>

Words that are the same would not be entered, but MC would fallback to the english word, ie: Drama is same in German as English, but not in French. Musical is same in English, German and French.

Just as an example.
Actually, I've had a Brain-phart. We use to have a user filters.txt file, used to filter movies. This is no longer in Media Companion, but I can use the same principal.

genres.txt

If this file exists, then it is loaded, ready for a user to right-click the Genre field. A pop-up appears where the user can select each Genre they wish, and an OK[b] button. Once OK is clicked, the selected Genre's are stored into this field. User clicks 'Save' and it's done.

It would be up to the user to have the file [b]genres.txt
in their settings folder for Media Companion, where they can have what ever language or Genre's they want.
This file would be up to the user to copy to a new release of Media Companion.

This won't be difficult to incorporate into Media Companion for the next release.
This sounds very cool
plz let me know if there is anything i can do to help
Create a text file with each genre on a new line in your language, then pm me the file. Call it genres.txt

Cheers
Sent to Email couldent figure out how to append to pm
Thanks. Will see how I go on this.
@ztrust. Did you get my email with test build?
hey will check now and test it out tomorrow dont have the time today will let u know
@vbat

Sent you a pm
dont know if this is a Mc problem or where it lies but noticed that Cowboys & Aliens is listed as
Cowboys &amp Aliens
Hey vbat. Just noticed scraping for keywords with TMDb works fine, but when i switch to the MC scraper, no keywords pulled from IMDb.