Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Regarding setting DVD order at Season level, there isn't a way we can create that functions, as we don't hold information on Seasons, and no way we could incorporate it.

Meaning, we can't set season at DVD order, as you'd need to scrape the episodes for the Season to be visible in Media Companion. Sorry, that won't be possible.
Hi tried searching this thread but getting nowhere lol, just a quick question (I hope) if I want to add source and year to the folder as well as the tile would this be the correct filter, %N\%T (%S%Y) I only ask because if it is, then it don't seem to be working for me? cheers
(2014-11-02, 14:04)wints Wrote: [ -> ]Hi tried searching this thread but getting nowhere lol, just a quick question (I hope) if I want to add source and year to the folder as well as the tile would this be the correct filter, %N\%T (%S%Y) I only ask because if it is, then it don't seem to be working for me? cheers

Working fine for me.
Cheers for the reply bobrap I'll try it again then
No still not working for me, and what it has done is where i had already named the folder with the source and year manually before the scan, it has now removed the source and just left the year? also in the settings views I've got a lot of issues with some of the text options missing or not lined up is this a known bug? running win 7 64bit. cheers
Check you have a source set in Media Companion for the specific movie. If no source set (remember to save the movie after selecting a source) then it's be blank in the rename.

What text options missing or not lined up?? please explain for give examples.
ok thanks for that i'll check, see image for messed up text, hope its clear enough for you not the best screen capture

That looks like you've changed you dpi settings in windows.
New Release.

Media Companion 3.606b

There are a few new features in this build. One that requires specific mentioning.

<uniqueid>

This new field is stored in each episode's nfo file. It is the episode's Unique ID from TVDB. But! Users will have to use Tv Show's Batch Rescrape Wizard, to update existing episode nfo's with this entry.

To do this, it is suggested to run the Batch Rescrape Wizard, and select the episode's Rating to be rescraped for every episode in every Tv Show.

This will add the <uniqueid> field into the episode nfo's, updating this data for use with Trakt (when scraped into XBMC), and in the future of MC, will be used for Missing Episode code.

Watched indicator in Tv Tree list

Also added is a Watched indicator to the TV Tree. A Green Tick will be shown against each episode that has been set to Watched.
If all episodes in a Season are set to watched, the Season heading also have a Green Tick.
Finally, if all Seasons are set to Watched, then the Show's heading will have a Green Tick.

There is one glitch in this code, yet to be resolved, but it is minor. Multi-episodes when set to watched, will show duplicate entries of the last episode in the multi-episode file. A Refresh-All fixed this minor glitch, and work will be done to get it functioning correctly.

New Renaming folder option
A new option has been added to the Renaming group of options. Create Folder under Root folder, if not in a Movie Set
This is for user's who have renamed a movie's folder, and found they have one movie in a Set, but do not wish to have this movie in a Movie Set folder. Once a user selects this option, and then renames the Movie's folder, the folder will be removed from the Movie Set folder, and placed in the Root Folder. Movie Set folder will be deleted if empty. Note: User must change the Movie's Set to -none- for this to work correctly.

Missing Episodes

A lot of work has been done on the Missing episode code, to hopefully speed up, add last refreshed info, as well as correctly display missing episodes.
If Display Missing Episodes is NOT selected, then the options Missing Episodes and Missing Aired are not available to the user. This ensured user's don't select these options when missing data is not present.

Oh, and there have been plenty of bug fixes.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.606b

Revision History
Thank you Vbat for the New Renaming folder option. It's working great! I do have a question.

Can you explain the rationale of the two step process for that function?

As it is now, I first need to set the Set to -None- and Save it followed by Right clicking over the movie and select Rename selected Movie in list > Movie and Folder. Wouldn't it be more ideal that when a movie's Set is changed from whatever it was specified to -None- that when the Save button is pressed that the movie is processed accordingly? The same applies when you manually put a movie into an existing Set.

Since I use the default Set naming from the Search function instead of custom Set names that you and others are using, I fail to grasp previous comments how custom Sets would be affected.

Thanks!
It is one thing to have auto-rename for file and folder when scraping movies, but to force the user to rename folders or files when they do alterations is not good ethics.

If the user wishes to remove the movie out of a Set, or even alter the title, Renaming should not force changes they may re-think.

Changing a movie from a Set to -None-, is a personal choice, and up to the user at this point to decide how or where they wish their files and folders named.

This is why we have the Manual Renaming option.

I don't want to piss off anyone who uses MC, and suddenly finds MC is doing what it likes with their files. This is why we have these options, so users can have the best of both worlds.
(2014-11-02, 21:04)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]That looks like you've changed you dpi settings in windows.

Your absolutely right about the dpi settings no idea how that happened Huh sorry to waste your time with that
(2014-11-03, 21:25)wints Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-02, 21:04)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]That looks like you've changed you dpi settings in windows.

Your absolutely right about the dpi settings no idea how that happened Huh sorry to waste your time with that

It's not a problem, and in a perfect world we'd be able to make Media Companion resistant to DPI settings. But, alas, it would require a rewrite of the gui, that currently is too big a job.
Nice release, Rob. Got one question. All of my tv shows now have a "pencil" in front. What is it supposed to mean? Thanks
(2014-11-05, 02:48)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Nice release, Rob. Got one question. All of my tv shows now have a "pencil" in front. What is it supposed to mean? Thanks

The pencil means the has been edited, which is actually wrong.

I've removed this for the next build.

Also found if you had empty shows, ie: no episodes, the empty shows were marked as watched. Fixed for next release also.