Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi! I would like to know if it's possible to scrap movies information from tmdb. I am french and xbne, which I usually use, was not updated after the API change of TMDb and this upgrade may take a long time.
(2014-11-09, 20:33)Levi59 Wrote: [ -> ]hi! I would like to know if it's possible to scrap movies information from tmdb. I am french and xbne, which I usually use, was not updated after the API change of TMDb and this upgrade may take a long time.

Yes you can.

In Movie Preferences - > Scraper tab, Select Use XBMC Scraper. This will have XBMC's TMDB Scraper as the only option (IMDB scraper removed). Just select your preferred language and away you go.

In the next release of Media Companion, out very soon, These preferences have been altered, and added to. So experiment for now, the new release will have couple of options to scrape other information from IMDB (ie: non-language specific info, like stars, rating, votes...)
Alright.

So I have to rename all kind of files (avi, mke, disc etc.) manually outside of MC.

Quote:Is there a way to find movies by entering the original title using the search field in MC when the movies are displayed with the none original title (and vice versa)? E.g. you enter "The Lives Of Others", but the movie is stored with "Das Leben der Anderen".
Quote:I am not sure if you can use Change Movie with Media Stub files.
Sorry, what I meant was: I want to keep all of the movie names (original ones and the ones given in the other countries than the production country) like they are scraped. But when I search for a movie which has the original name in MC in another language than the original one I will not find it although the title is stored in MC like one can see here: http://i.imgur.com/KApPCad.png
(2014-11-10, 00:12)Dirki Wrote: [ -> ]Alright.

So I have to rename all kind of files (avi, mke, disc etc.) manually outside of MC.

Quote:Is there a way to find movies by entering the original title using the search field in MC when the movies are displayed with the none original title (and vice versa)? E.g. you enter "The Lives Of Others", but the movie is stored with "Das Leben der Anderen".
Quote:I am not sure if you can use Change Movie with Media Stub files.
Sorry, what I meant was: I want to keep all of the movie names (original ones and the ones given in the other countries than the production country) like they are scraped. But when I search for a movie which has the original name in MC in another language than the original one I will not find it although the title is stored in MC like one can see here: http://i.imgur.com/KApPCad.png

I Am not sure what your asking about regarding Renaming. I thought you were talking about renaming offline files?

Regarding searching movies by alternative titles, no. This can not be done, as MC doesn't keep a Database of all Alternative Titles for all movies. Only search for the title selected.
is there a way to make MC be able to read my shows from this naming scheme
(drive):\TV\(tv parental rating)\(genre)\(show name)\Season ##\E## - Title.ext

also noticed the movie portion doesn't handle multi disk movies well.
(2014-11-10, 03:46)NeonLightning Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to make MC be able to read my shows from this naming scheme

Yes, but you would have to have
(drive):\TV\(tv parental rating)\(genre) as the Root Tv Folder, ie: in the Left column under Tv Folders. Then you can click Add folders from Roots button and all shows under that genre will be added.

BUT You will need to add each genre in the List of Root Folders. Sorry, no options to have (drive):\TV\ as the root tv folder. MC would attempt to scrape each (tv parental rating) folder as a TV Show.
(2014-11-10, 03:52)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-10, 03:46)NeonLightning Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to make MC be able to read my shows from this naming scheme

Yes, but you would have to have
(drive):\TV\(tv parental rating)\(genre) as the Root Tv Folder, ie: in the Left column under Tv Folders. Then you can click Add folders from Roots button and all shows under that genre will be added.

BUT You will need to add each genre in the List of Root Folders. Sorry, no options to have (drive):\TV\ as the root tv folder. MC would attempt to scrape each (tv parental rating) folder as a TV Show.

grr. thats what i figured.... i set it up like this to make it easier for my kids to know what they can stick on but its really starting to become a hassle. sofar only thing its made easier is sorting out what harddrive to stick stuff on so it doesn't get too full(some drives are for different ratings)
Better to use Profiles in XBMC, and set a profile to only show to a certain parental rating.

I've read of it being done before in XBMC, but can't find the info quickly.

Or, have two TV Folder, one for kids/Family and another for everything else.

Then have family profile set for the Kids/Family TV Folder only, and a Master profile for both, or only everything else. You can set a Master profile password, so the kids can't access the other content.

Google it, or search XBMC Wiki. That would be the best options.
even when going through each one it's unable to read E## - Episode Title.ext
(2014-11-10, 04:19)NeonLightning Wrote: [ -> ]even when going through each one it's unable to read E## - Episode Title.ext

Sorry, didn't spot the layout of the episodes, only the folder structure.

Episodes need to be named SxxExx, not just the episode number.
Media Companion and XBMC don't care what the folder is called, just how the filename is formatted.
Media Companion Documentation

XBMC Wiki Document

To quickly correct the episode format, use a program called Bulk Rename Utility
This is excellent in mass renaming. So you can easily put in a Suffix of S01, placed just before your Exx in the episode filename.

Hope this is of help.
Hello! I downloaded the latest version of media companion but he told me that TMDb is offline while the site seems accessible. Does the API change was taken into account?

edit:
In fact it does not connect either to fanart.tv ...
(2014-11-10, 14:43)Levi59 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! I downloaded the latest version of media companion but he told me that TMDb is offline while the site seems accessible. Does the API change was taken into account?

edit:
In fact it does not connect either to fanart.tv ...

Working correctly here. I suspect you may need to allow Media Companion through your Anti-Virus and/or through your firewall.
Indeed, the program was sandboxed though I had defined as safe file ... Problem solved. Thank you!

Edit :
Is there a way to define new articles (other than "the", "a", "an") in Media Compagnon?
(2014-11-11, 16:33)Levi59 Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, the program was sandboxed though I had defined as safe file ... Problem solved. Thank you!

Edit :
Is there a way to define new articles (other than "the", "a", "an") in Media Compagnon?

It might be possible to add new articles. But currently not by user intervention. I'll have a look if it's easy enough to add User ignore article option, not for the next release.
What extra articles are you interested in adding?
French article in my case :
le, la, les, l', un, une, des, du, d'

I also had a very bad surprise using the software. I turned on renaming series and when I had clic on refresh bouton (which I thought was a simple reading of the information), all multiple episodes (S01E01E02E03.avi) have been renamed in the name of the last episode of the group (S01E03E03E03 - name of the episode 03.avi). I lost all of my bookmarks for isos.