Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks again vbat99,

For the quick response to what turned out to be my own ignorance and not such a problem after all.

Was my fault not looking or using the GB in the first place, my guess was everyone only used the UK now.

Sorry to cause you any trouble and thanks for a great program.

Wurzle
As always, great new release. Just a couple of questions. Is * Movie - Added DVD and Bluray to Separate List where you added them to the source list? I can't seem to find "Movie - Added Separate Movie list Reset button." Probably looking right at it! lol.
Installed 3.610b in new folder (Win 7 x64). Set movie root folder and on save and refresh had an exception during "rebuild caches 3 of 9" Note: movie folders have nfo files from previous versions.

Code:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.Movie.get_Actors()
   at Media_Companion.Movie.UpdateActorCacheFromEmpty()
   at Media_Companion.Movies.RebuildMoviePeopleCaches()
   at Media_Companion.Movies.RebuildCaches()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.RebuildCaches()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
clicked continue and if finished. But I note the following in movie browser

MC is finding files names movietitle.nfo1 and creating a second entry for these, so I have one entry for movietitle.nfo and one for movietitle.nfo1.

When I use the context menu on a movie in the browser, and select "open folder", I get a popup that says "Can't open folder rootfolder\movietitle\movietitle.nfo"

scott s.
(2014-12-05, 10:21)Wurzle Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again vbat99,

For the quick response to what turned out to be my own ignorance and not such a problem after all.

Was my fault not looking or using the GB in the first place, my guess was everyone only used the UK now.

Sorry to cause you any trouble and thanks for a great program.

Wurzle
No Problem, It confused me also. Specially when TMDB lists the Certificate as United Kingdom, then use GB.

(2014-12-05, 23:17)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]As always, great new release. Just a couple of questions. Is * Movie - Added DVD and Bluray to Separate List where you added them to the source list? I can't seem to find "Movie - Added Separate Movie list Reset button." Probably looking right at it! lol.
Not working for me also, Reset List button is on the right of the Separate Movie Identifyer list, on Advanced2 tab. Will look into why this isn't being reset.

(2014-12-06, 02:57)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]Installed 3.610b in new folder (Win 7 x64). Set movie root folder and on save and refresh had an exception during "rebuild caches 3 of 9" Note: movie folders have nfo files from previous versions.

Code:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.Movie.get_Actors()
   at Media_Companion.Movie.UpdateActorCacheFromEmpty()
   at Media_Companion.Movies.RebuildMoviePeopleCaches()
   at Media_Companion.Movies.RebuildCaches()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.RebuildCaches()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
clicked continue and if finished. But I note the following in movie browser

MC is finding files names movietitle.nfo1 and creating a second entry for these, so I have one entry for movietitle.nfo and one for movietitle.nfo1.

When I use the context menu on a movie in the browser, and select "open folder", I get a popup that says "Can't open folder rootfolder\movietitle\movietitle.nfo"

scott s.

No idea whay that is occurring, but at Media_Companion.Movie.get_Actors() is where it's coming un-hinged.
Can I suggest deleting the following files in your settings folder, and do another refresh.
Code:
actorcache.xml
directorcache.xml
moviecache.xml
Worst comes to worst, extract MC 3.610b again to a new folder, add your movie sources, and allow to rebuild. DO this without making too many setting changes, for now.
(2014-11-30, 13:14)wints Wrote: [ -> ]Hi just ran a refresh scan of my media and so far into the scan a dialogue box popped up saying can't create a file when a file already exists so I pressed ok to continue and MC crashed out, I know there's not a lot to go on but any ideas? cheers

Still getting this is there anyway I can find out what file already exists I've tried looking through my media but can't seem to see anything wrong? cheers

(2014-12-06, 17:44)wints Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-30, 13:14)wints Wrote: [ -> ]Hi just ran a refresh scan of my media and so far into the scan a dialogue box popped up saying can't create a file when a file already exists so I pressed ok to continue and MC crashed out, I know there's not a lot to go on but any ideas? cheers

Still getting this is there anyway I can find out what file already exists I've tried looking through my media but can't seem to see anything wrong? cheers

I'll have a look at what might be causing that error, but I suggest to try with Use multiple threaded version where available unselected. There may be a Race Condition between the threads.
I suspect it is to do with an nfo that needs re-saving, that is in use. possibly.
(2014-12-06, 19:49)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-06, 17:44)wints Wrote: [ -> ]

I'll have a look at what might be causing that error, but I suggest to try with Use multiple threaded version where available unselected. There may be a Race Condition between the threads.
I suspect it is to do with an nfo that needs re-saving, that is in use. possibly.

Just too let you know I tried what you suggested early today and everything went fine didn't want to post till I was sure so we where both thinking alike Smile cheers for the reply though
Hey, Rob. Couple questions for ya. If I have a directory set for actor images (U:\xbmc\actors) and I change that dir to, say, V drive, do I have to resrape every show for the nfo to the correct location? I've done this, nfo shows old location that doesn't exist anymore, yet I still have actor images in MC. Have emptied cache folder as well. Thanks
(2014-12-08, 01:02)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, Rob. Couple questions for ya. If I have a directory set for actor images (U:\xbmc\actors) and I change that dir to, say, V drive, do I have to resrape every show for the nfo to the correct location? I've done this, nfo shows old location that doesn't exist anymore, yet I still have actor images in MC. Have emptied cache folder as well. Thanks

If you've linked actors to a special directory, then check a Movie's nfo, and check the <thumb> entry for the actor's image path. If it is pointing to U:\xbmc\actors then yes, you'll need to rescrape actor images, or get a mass editor that will search all nfo's changing U:\xbmc\actors to V:\xbmc\actors

I'd suggest this article which uses Notepad++. Would be quicker than rescraping.
OK, thanks. Are you talking about rescraping the whole show or just actors. When I try rescraping just the actors, the nfo file is never updated with the new path.
These TV Shows or for Movies?

I suspect the Rescrape Tv Show actors, isn't using the correct routines....Added to my To Do list.
TV shows. No problem, notepad++ worked fine. Forgot about using that. Haven't tried my movies yet. Let you know how it goes.

Resraping just the actors for movies worked just fine. Are the actor images cached somewhere? I would think if the nfo pointed to a non-existent directory no images would be displayed.
Actor images aren't cached, it looks for local, then tries the internet. But only tries the internet if the Thumb url is http, otherwise if it can't find locally, it shouldn't display an actor's image.

It's been a while since I last looked over the actor's image stored locally....may need another going over.
(2014-12-05, 05:44)MANswers Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99 i love you man

I was wondering if in the future you could inculcate options for music videos.
this includes adding options for creation of nfo files, for each music video downloaded in an album. I am not talking about the entire dvd album, but individual music videos from an artists album?
Currently its a pain to create multiple nfo files for each of these music videos, then copy the same poster over and over again, and rename these posters to the same name as the music videos.
I guess u know the process...
but is it possible, and could it be added to the future versions?

Geez, feel the love I do... LOL. Sorry for late reply. I did read it earlier, but failed to give you an answer.

There is a Music Video section in Media Companion, but it is currently disable for when we do releases. It's rough, very rough, and needs a lot more TLC to get it running smoothly.

Hopefully, over the Christmas period, I'll have more free time, and be able to polish it up. But, for reference, we are currently using Wiki to search up Video information. I do not know what other scrapers are currently out there for Kodi, that might be able to be incorporated into Media Companion.

I also have in my private To Do List, to build an Options interface for external scrapers. This is definitely required if we open up Media Companion to more scrapers.

But I digress. It's all work in progress at this time.
(2014-12-08, 02:35)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]These TV Shows or for Movies?

I suspect the Rescrape Tv Show actors, isn't using the correct routines....Added to my To Do list.

Just looked over and tested the actor images saving to a different path. Seems to be working correctly. Even changed the path and re-ran the Batch rescrape wizard for Show actors. Checked the tvshow.nfo, and actor's <thumb> path changed accordingly.

Please, if your getting different results, please advise steps to reproduce.