Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi uses the Video files Date Created, or Date Modified, and ignores the <createdate> field in the nfo. This has been a issue of contention since it's introduction in Frodo/Gotham.

Date Added not working correctly

Option to use folder date for recently added movies

Can someone explain how the "latest Movies/TV" works now?
I think I'm even more confused. When importing my library, does Kodi use the <createdate> from the nfo file as generated by MC? I thought that was strictly an MC tag for MC use. My Kodi library sort by Date Added is not even vaguely similar to the way they are organized in Media Companion (MC is the correct order), but I just realized I've got <dateadded> set to 2, which sorts by actual create/modified date, and apparently there is some bug in Helix with file modified/create times. My library sorted properly in Gotham, but in Helix they're all over the place. Others have this issue as well http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210579&page=2

If Kodi will use MC's <createdate> tag when I import my whole library, I am fine with that.

edit: Just saw vbat99's response. So there is no way to match Kodi's Date Added sort to MC's?
That was a lot of reading about how complicated a simple thing like this can be Smile

When using the sorting with Media Companion it seems like it the read the .nfo Created and Modified date and not the video file Created and Modified date like Kodi does
Could you please change so the sorting "Date Added" in MC sort like Kodi does when choosing "Sort by: Date added" in the Library
And if you choose to sort by "Modified" in MC it reads the modified date of the video file

Thanks vbat99 for your great support Smile

(2015-01-05, 20:13)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi uses the Video files Date Created, or Date Modified, and ignores the <createdate> field in the nfo. This has been a issue of contention since it's introduction in Frodo/Gotham.

(2015-01-05, 23:20)jubilex Wrote: [ -> ]I think I'm even more confused. When importing my library, does Kodi use the <createdate> from the nfo file as generated by MC? I thought that was strictly an MC tag for MC use. My Kodi library sort by Date Added is not even vaguely similar to the way they are organized in Media Companion (MC is the correct order), but I just realized I've got <dateadded> set to 2, which sorts by actual create/modified date, and apparently there is some bug in Helix with file modified/create times. My library sorted properly in Gotham, but in Helix they're all over the place. Others have this issue as well http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210579&page=2

If Kodi will use MC's <createdate> tag when I import my whole library, I am fine with that.

edit: Just saw vbat99's response. So there is no way to match Kodi's Date Added sort to MC's?

Sorry if that confused you, I also thought XBMC used the <createdate> tag a few version's ago, but then they went and changed it. Now with Three options for Date Added, and the default being the most annoying.

(2015-01-06, 00:07)lantz69 Wrote: [ -> ]That was a lot of reading about how complicated a simple thing like this can be Smile

When using the sorting with Media Companion it seems like it the read the .nfo Created and Modified date and not the video file Created and Modified date like Kodi does
Could you please change so the sorting "Date Added" in MC sort like Kodi does when choosing "Sort by: Date added" in the Library
And if you choose to sort by "Modified" in MC it reads the modified date of the video file

Thanks vbat99 for your great support Smile

(2015-01-05, 20:13)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi uses the Video files Date Created, or Date Modified, and ignores the <createdate> field in the nfo. This has been a issue of contention since it's introduction in Frodo/Gotham.

As from first quoted message in this reply, <createdate> is the date created and added to Media Companion. We use this so user's can sort by latest added in Movie list. There is no point in listing when the movie file was created, as this is determined by so many different affects.
1. Ripped date.
2. Encoded Date.
3. Downloaded Date.
4. PC's date when saved from one media type to another, ie: NTFS to FAT, can change the Movie File's create date to date when copied.

In Media Companion, You can sort by
A-Z (Z-A)
Year
Date Added
& Modified - last time nfo was updated.

As well as the many filters. I think that's enough ways to sort your library.!
(2015-01-06, 01:38)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if that confused you, I also thought XBMC used the <createdate> tag a few version's ago, but then they went and changed it. Now with Three options for Date Added, and the default being the most annoying.

...and none of the three options import any date info from the NFO. Bummer.

So with Helix, you've got <dateadded> option 1, which will use today's date as the video added date...totally wrong for existing libraries we're trying to import. Options 2 and 3 don't work correctly in Helix, they somehow end up with some weird date that in my case doesn't match the created or modified date for the video, the nfo, the folder, or anything else. So currently it seems there is no way at all to get libraries sorted properly by date in Helix, so there is no way to correctly browse the Recently Added videos; meanwhile they all have the correct <createdate> in MC but no way to get that into Kodi.
Maybe ask Milhouse in his texturecache thread. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373
He might have some ideas on getting the data corrected in helix
(2015-01-05, 18:36)lantz69 Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi use the files createdate by default as you wrote and there the sorting by Date Added is working correctly.

I'm pretty sure the default in Kodi is to use the file modification timestamp, not the creation timestamp. However, there appears to be a bug introduced in Helix when files are stored in a local NTFS file system, it seems like Helix is not getting a valid file modification timestamp and the code is instead pulling the MTF entry modification timestamp, which isn't normally shown in win32 utilities (like windows explorer) and is unlikely to have any meaning (though often it will be very close in time to file creation date, if for example, you copy a file). I can't say I have specifically tested, but haven't seen any evidence of <createddate> in an nfo affecting what is stored in the video database.

scott s.
vbat99 is there a setting to use only the YouTube trailer link from TMDB rather than the from the link from hd-trailers.net? Trying to play trailers from hd-trailers.net really sucks from my part of the world, but YouTube is great Smile

I'm using the latest build of MC, the TMDB XBMC Scraper and have set "Enable trailers from HD_Trailer.net" to "No" and enabled "Add movie trailer url to nfo file", I've noticed that some of my movies get the YouTube url, but some don't. For example "The X Files (1998)" is great Smile
Quote:<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=2Dauoy3H764</trailer>
but "The Invertview (2014)" always scrapes the trailer as
Quote:<trailer>http://videos.hd-trailers.net/c60716c3-adde-4afc-85ac-863d889d1315_XbOB9wsjDJl946jZ42X8-su2mL2hAiMLpwTp7o43eQYcZ8oeXsjWTvXjjR6pXBhW1nJVhhEFong-_10_0.mp4</trailer>
even thought there is a YouTube link for the trailer at TMDB
(2015-01-04, 01:40)ztrust Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:TV - Fix saving of edited Special episodes
I just thought this meant MC wouldent deleted manually added display seasons.
[*] Added DisplayEpisode & DisplaySeason to loading and saving of episode nfo's
Quote:a few bug catches
when changing season poster from fanart.tv tab, folder.jpg is not updated. both with "dont overwrite existing artwork" checked and uncheked.
[*] Fix in place for next release
Quote:tvshow extrafanart no matter how it is scraped is limited to fanart1-4 so only 4 extra fanarts are downloaded
[*] Removed ExtraFanart from Fanart Tab. Added option to set quantity of ExtraFanart on TV Preferences Tab.
Quote:regarding Fanart.tv tab it is really difficult to scrape it says fanart tv is offline but if you go back and select a show you have scraped with the fanart tab and load the fanart and the go back to the show where fanart tab says offline you can force it to appear sometimes
Seems to be a load issue with Fanart.TV site.

Quote:if poster are from tmdb, get missing fanart still rewrites them with posters from fanart.tv (is this as it is suppose to be?)
Please explain this. get missing fanart - where are you selecting this?

(2015-01-09, 20:47)Wulfsige Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99 is there a setting to use only the YouTube trailer link from TMDB rather than the from the link from hd-trailers.net? Trying to play trailers from hd-trailers.net really sucks from my part of the world, but YouTube is great Smile

I'm using the latest build of MC, the TMDB XBMC Scraper and have set "Enable trailers from HD_Trailer.net" to "No" and enabled "Add movie trailer url to nfo file", I've noticed that some of my movies get the YouTube url, but some don't. For example "The X Files (1998)" is great Smile
Quote:<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=2Dauoy3H764</trailer>
Quote:<trailer>http://videos.hd-trailers.net/c60716c3-adde-4afc-85ac-863d889d1315_XbOB9wsjDJl946jZ42X8-su2mL2hAiMLpwTp7o43eQYcZ8oeXsjWTvXjjR6pXBhW1nJVhhEFong-_10_0.mp4</trailer>

Will have a nosy at this. I know the section of code, and know that I never put checks in place when I merged XBMC TMDB scraper into the main routine.
Will see what I can do for the next release...hopefully very soon.
(2015-01-04, 21:15)JohnDoranNY Wrote: [ -> ]I really appreciate the time and effort put into Media Companion. It has (once again) become my 'go to' fix for redoing my Kodi collection (which is pretty huge).

(3) This may already be possible, but I have not had luck making it happen.. when I scrape TV shows, and it finds TV shows for specials which are not found on TheTVDB, could it auto create a blank NFO using the filename to populate things such as Season (ie: 0), title, etc? I have a lot of TV shows with 'the making of' specials that are not allowed on TheTVDB which I usually manually create the NFO for and populate it with the necessary information but it would be nice to scrape all my shows and see a list of all such episodes found and NFO's created by Media Companion (with a warning next to it) so I can go in and edit/save.

Once again, thanks for this wonderful utility!
Been looking into an option to greate blank nfo, but it will lead to possible problems.

I feel this will have to wait till I create the stand-alone nfo editor/creator. sorry.
(2015-01-09, 22:03)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-09, 20:47)Wulfsige Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99 is there a setting to use only the YouTube trailer link from TMDB rather than the from the link from hd-trailers.net? Trying to play trailers from hd-trailers.net really sucks from my part of the world, but YouTube is great Smile

Will have a nosy at this. I know the section of code, and know that I never put checks in place when I merged XBMC TMDB scraper into the main routine.
Will see what I can do for the next release...hopefully very soon.

Done a bit of work in this area, so hopefully next release will see you right.
@vbat99 I just wanted to thank you once again for your fantastic support and development if this very valuable software.
You all Welcome, sorry for the sometimes long delays between releases. Another one will be out soon.
New Release.

Media Companion 3.613b

Fixed
  • TV - Resize Screenshot if nfo missing media stream details.
    TV - Keep focus on selected show during Search New, Refresh nfo and Rescrape Show.
    TV - Fixed some incorrect Fanart.Tv artwork displayed for Tv Shows.
    TV - Fixed horizontal split reverting when switch between Movies and TV Shows.
    TV - Added support for DisplayEpisode and DisplaySeason tags.
    TV - Fixed saving of season poster as folder.jpg from Fanart.Tv Tab.
    Movie - Control focus events firing, causing same movie details to being repeatedly displayed.
    Movie - Fixed TMDB movie if only one actor, no actor was stored.
    Movie - Fix Multi-save mode if movie not present and user hasn't refreshed.
    Movie - Menu item 'Rebuild Movie nfo Files', was forcing rename of movies and associated files.
    Movie - If using XBMC TMDB scraper, put Trailer source in correct order.
    Movie - Fixed 'Change Movie' tab, keep existing artwork.
    Both - Attach missing asset to build. langlist.csv.
    Home Movies - Fixed loading of nfo's was ignoring SortTitle.
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.613b

Revision History
Hey Rob - As Always, fantastic work!

I'm sure this is simple and want to make sure I'm not missing something. If I wanted to rename my library and have the articles (An, The) moved to the end of the file and folder, I just check the "Move Ignored Articles to End of Sort Title" on General Preferences and Batch rename files and folders, right?

Is there any way to do that for TV as well?

Thanks in advance

Also, still getting sporadic Fanart.tv offline message with random movies (I Origins, Let's Be Cops, Before I Go To Sleep, The Guest, to name a few).