Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry, I had to clarify the issue is not relevant to western movies but rather to some type of videos in Japan e.g. idol videos, JAV, where it is common practice to assign DVD codes to them. It consists of alphabetical and numerical part. The alpabetical part represents the series the video belongs to while numerical part shows the video's sequence number. In these cases DVD code is more informative than their title as the latter is often meaningless and what is worse repetitive. Hence the search by title is quite troublesome.

Furthermore I want to clarify that I've mentioned IMDB id because this field was used by custom scraper for DVD code
New Release.

Media Companion 3.614b

Changes
  • TV - Fix display of Fanart.Tv Season banner
    TV - Fix counter for TV Batch Rescraping
    TV - Fixed option not sticking for download xtrafanart
    TV - Exclude x265 from filename when searching for episode number.
    Movie - Allow Drag'n'Drop of movie root folder to Movie Folder tab
    Movie - Fixed folder renaming if Root folder is root of Drive. ie: I:\
    MC - Fixed clearing of Excluded folder list, when switching profiles.

TV - added search and download for missing episode thumbs on context menu
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.614b

Revision History
what is the best way to update, just overwrite the old files?

btw thanks
If in doubt, check Media Companion Documentation here
thanks got it, now i have this problem on b3 and now on b4, if i click on change movie and select tmdb i get this screen and cant fiend a movie, imdb work fine, here is a screen shot

do you know what could be the problem, thanks in advanced
Looks like the page is not loading correctly.

I'd clear your web browser cache, or open your browser and attempt to search for the movie in the browser first, then try Media Companion -> Change Movie.

Unfortunately, this isn't a Media Companion issue as such, but more of a browser history issue, and, as Media Companion uses WebBrowser to display the webpage in Media Companion, here in lies the source of the problem.

One other thought I had is either a Firewall or antivirus program is blocking MC from accessing web pages. just a last minute thought.

Hope that is of help.
FYI Change movie, TMDB page loaded in MC 3.614b
my browser is super clean, i use ccleaner, tmdb work fine in firefox, i dont use any AV or FW, if was a firewall problem then imdb wont work also, i just give it full access trough Windows fire wall and i run it as administrator

i dont know what the problem could be, anyways thanks for you help
I have a little problem with the latest version (i have not tested with previous version) : The artworks are downloaded by double and/or with bad name.

With le last scrap for a new movie, I got 6 files, poster and fanart, movie-poster and movie-fanart and finally discart and logo. How to only have names in the format movie-artwork?

I would also like to know how to change the size to resize the poster, I want to fixe height to 1280.

Thank you in advance.
(2015-02-06, 19:32)Levi59 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a little problem with the latest version (i have not tested with previous version) : The artworks are downloaded by double and/or with bad name.

With le last scrap for a new movie, I got 6 files, poster and fanart, movie-poster and movie-fanart and finally discart and logo. How to only have names in the format movie-artwork?

I would also like to know how to change the size to resize the poster, I want to fixe height to 1280.

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like you have the option Download from Fanart.Tv during autoscrape selected. This will save the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg as well as disc-art and logo. Check Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab.

Setting the poster height, also in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, Set poster height to your desired size. IE: set 1080 if you want the poster size 1920x1080, or 720 for poster size of 1280x720, etc.
(2015-02-06, 10:10)mata7 Wrote: [ -> ]my browser is super clean, i use ccleaner, tmdb work fine in firefox, i dont use any AV or FW, if was a firewall problem then imdb wont work also, i just give it full access trough Windows fire wall and i run it as administrator

i dont know what the problem could be, anyways thanks for you help

I really don't know why that is happening. Have you tried not running it as Administrator? Also, what is the location of the Media Companion folder? Try moving it to the root of your C: Drive (or D: Drive) and not in a User folder, or on your desktop.
(2015-02-06, 19:39)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you have the option Download from Fanart.Tv during autoscrape selected. This will save the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg as well as disc-art and logo. Check Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab.
If i unselect Download from Fanart.Tv during autoscrape, i don't scrap clearlogo, discart, clearart... And if i download them manually, i don't have movie-clearlogo but only logo. Is it possible to add rename for artwork to have movie-artwork ?

(2015-02-06, 19:39)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Setting the poster height, also in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, Set poster height to your desired size. IE: set 1080 if you want the poster size 1920x1080, or 720 for poster size of 1280x720, etc.
i have found this but i can't manually set 1280 and it doesn't exist in the list (i use 1280 with XBNE since the start and all of my poster are resized to 1280). Is there a way to add this setting?
I have edited .\Assets\Resolutions.xml to add new parameter and i now see 1280 but it don't resize...

I have another question :
Is it possible to create a conversion table to automatically rename certain information such as genre and country names?
For example, at home, he gets as country name "United States of America" but I would like to have "Etats-Unis" and if possible to correct all the database if necessary.
(2015-02-06, 20:14)Levi59 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-06, 19:39)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you have the option Download from Fanart.Tv during autoscrape selected. This will save the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg as well as disc-art and logo. Check Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab.
If i unselected Download from Fanart.Tv during autoscrape, i don't scrap clearlogo, discart, clearart... And if i download them manually, i don't have movie-clearlogo but only logo. Is it possible to add rename for artwork to have movie-artwork ?

The correct naming is logo.jpg,, seeing moviename-clearlogo means you have exported your library, and this is the format XBMC exports it in, but artwork downloader does not import this filename convention. But, if you have links to info that shows other naming conventions, please post those links. I'm all about getting it right.
NB: XBMC/Kodi does not import logo.jpg or moviename.clearlogo.jpg.

(2015-02-06, 20:14)Levi59 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-06, 19:39)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Setting the poster height, also in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, Set poster height to your desired size. IE: set 1080 if you want the poster size 1920x1080, or 720 for poster size of 1280x720, etc.
i have found this but i can't manually set 1280 and it doesn't exist in the list (i use 1280 with XBNE since the start and all of my poster are resized to 1280). Is there a way to add this setting?
MC is set to a max height of 1080, for 1080p (1920x1080) resolution. What resolution are you displaying XBMC/Kodi?

(2015-02-06, 20:14)Levi59 Wrote: [ -> ]I have another question :
Is it possible to create a conversion table to automatically rename certain information such as genre and country names?
For example, at home, he gets as country name "United States of America" but I would like to have "Etats-Unis" and if possible to correct all the database if necessary.
No we don't have a method of converting this. We get the information from IMDB or TMDB. I assume from your results that Genre's and Country are not stored in different languages.

I am not sure, but Notepad++ may be your only method to mass edit nfo's, searching for United States of America and exchanging it for Etats-Unis. Same could be done for Genre's, but for now, this is outside the scope of Media Companion
you mean logo.PNG ^^
As Kodi exporting artwork retrieved via the "artwork downloader" I thought it was the normal way of naming. If it does not, I'll have a big job renaming ...

Where to find the real convention names to use for kodi in order not to have problems for the future?

For the poster, i download only if the height was over 1280px because a lot of the smaller poster have poor resolution and colors. it's an habit.

another question (yes, again ^^) : Is there a way to not download some artwork when activate auto scrap on fanart.tv? I don't use banner or landscape for movie so i don't need them.
(2015-02-06, 23:12)Levi59 Wrote: [ -> ]you mean logo.PNG ^^
As Kodi exporting artwork retrieved via the "artwork downloader" I thought it was the normal way of naming. If it does not, I'll have a big job renaming ...

Where to find the real convention names to use for kodi in order not to have problems for the future?

For the poster, i download only if the height was over 1280px because a lot of the smaller poster have poor resolution and colors. it's an habit.

another question (yes, again ^^) : Is there a way to not download some artwork when activate auto scrap on fanart.tv? I don't use banner or landscape for movie so i don't need them.

Oops, yes, I mean logo.png
There have been a number of discussions in the Artwork Downloader thread about how Artwork Downloader saves the files in the format:
poster.jpg
logo.png.....etc
and If a user exports from XBMC/Kodi, the files are exported as
<moviename>-disc.png
<moviename>-logo.png....etc

YET, these files are not imported by XBMC/Kodi when scraping local information, and Artwork Downloader only looks for
disc.png, logo.png...etc
Here's one example

So, if someone can definitely clarify which naming is right, I can make changes. Martijn (author of Artwork Download) hasn't mentioned which is right, which is a pity.

Now, as to posters over 1280px Height. What width are these posters? I haven't seen many posters over 1080 height. What I can do, or try to do, is add 1280 height option to Media Companion, but I do need to know the Width value also.

Finally, no options to select which artwork from Fanart.Tv gets auto-scraped, but I have an idea to solve that for the next release. Actually, I may have it so you can select which artwork is auto-downloaded, and the naming convention: ie: logo.png or <moviename>-logo.png.