Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-06-09, 04:00)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-08, 16:04)marhutchy Wrote: [ -> ]Smile

I see.
I do scrape with IMDB. I find that IMDB's ratings are preferable.

About the logo part, it isn't a biggie, I mean I could always get them manually. Said logos are available at fanart.tv.

Also, about the error that I mentioned, disregard it. My connection was the problem; it kept dropping.

I love this. We, as a user have more control of what we want.

I switched from IMDB, to TMDB scraper, and use the option to get IMDB Ratings, Stars, etc, basically everything in the Scrape these options from IMDB box.

And I am curious what/how you would get the Set's Logo into XBMC/Kodi?

As for the error, darn it. Not sorry that it's working for you, just would have been nice to catch the error cleanly in Media Companion.

That's the setting that I use too.

I get a lot of TMDB is offline though. It must be my connection Sad

I get all my movie set artworks into XBMC/Kodi/Isenberg with Movie Set Artwork Automator. I set it to point to the folder. It's amazing!
I'm also using Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO mod skin.
(2015-06-09, 04:50)Enlightened Wrote: [ -> ]I am always getting an error for running out of memory. Is there a 64bit version?
No, it's coded 32 bit. Haven't ever thought about a 64 build.

How many movies, TV shows do you have ?
(2015-06-09, 05:14)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-09, 04:50)Enlightened Wrote: [ -> ]I am always getting an error for running out of memory. Is there a 64bit version?
No, it's coded 32 bit. Haven't ever thought about a 64 build.

How many movies, TV shows do you have ?

1568 movies. 932 tv shows with 61466 episodes

Just tried adding movies today which work fine. but I removed over half my tv shows. Might try re-adding in batches. The main hassle is getting it to find the shows and save the data before crashing.
Think I can just break my shows up into 3 instances so its only working on 300. That would work for one run. I've been looking for something that would create missing thumbs for years.
I've also got a "LARGE" collection and also had to split up my TV shows.

Not sure if it's the way MC uses memory or if we are hitting the limitation of 32 bit software??

Maybe a 64 bit version would be a winner Smile
Whats the limit of 32bit? 2GB or 4GB for single apps. I'm hitting out of memory at about 1.5GB. How did you break up your shows? I'm trying to think of a way that will still let me search for new episodes or shows without it
auto re-adding everything. I have everything running on flexraid so it's one folder. Video\TV\Tv show. Can't break it up into sorting by HDDs. Because then it would have multiple of the same metadata.
Luckily I have folders for Kids TV Shows, Documentary/Reality Shows and regular TV Shows, first 2 are manageable, regular TV shows I'm nearing the limit Wink
I'll have a look at possible x64 version, but can't promise anything. Have to do some research.

As for ways of splitting up shows, I use Profiles.
Master profile has all TV Shows, All Movies
Working profile has a Temp movie folder, and only active shows, ie: Only shows that haven't ended.

Having the two profiles makes it quicker to scan for new episodes. And I scrape new movies, once happy, they are cut and pasted into the Main root movie folder.

But, I have no-where near as many Movies or TVshows/episodes. Off to do some reading on 32/64.
(2015-06-09, 20:10)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have a look at possible x64 version, but can't promise anything. Have to do some research.

As for ways of splitting up shows, I use Profiles.
Master profile has all TV Shows, All Movies
Working profile has a Temp movie folder, and only active shows, ie: Only shows that haven't ended.

Having the two profiles makes it quicker to scan for new episodes. And I scrape new movies, once happy, they are cut and pasted into the Main root movie folder.

But, I have no-where near as many Movies or TVshows/episodes. Off to do some reading on 32/64.

Thanks. Just really started using this and I'm loving all the features. The kodi link is really nice for movies. Never thought about breaking up tv shows into ended/continuing.
Trying to create missing thumbs from the wizard scrapper but keep getting an error.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '142' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
at System.Windows.Forms.ProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
at Media_Companion.Form1.tvbckrescrapewizard_ProgressChanged(Object sender, ProgressChangedEventArgs e)

and the value goes down for the number of episode that are missing thumbs. That is for 130+ in the list that I'm trying. If I use it on a show higher up it just scans and does nothing.

It works if I go to episode/screenshot/ create screenshot
(2015-06-11, 09:28)Enlightened Wrote: [ -> ]Trying to create missing thumbs from the wizard scrapper but keep getting an error.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '142' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
at Media_Companion.Form1.tvbckrescrapewizard_ProgressChanged(Object sender, ProgressChangedEventArgs e)

and the value goes down for the number of episode that are missing thumbs. That is for 130+ in the list that I'm trying. If I use it on a show higher up it just scans and does nothing.

It works if I go to episode/screenshot/ create screenshot
So what options exactly are you selecting in the Wizard?

I haven't checked over this code in a long time, so pointers would be helpful.
I'm sure it's an issue of MC isn't setting the correct Max value for the ProgessBar, so 142, is greater than the Max MC is setting.

Sigh...Will have to look into this before the next release.
Under tv preferences I have auto create screenshot it TVDB does not have one selected with 5 sec delay. also save screenshot in TVDB friendly size.
Then I'm sorting by missing ep thumb. right clicking the show missing thumbs. click use rescrape wizard. then im only selecting attempt to download missing screenshot,
and create screenshot if none is available. start update. Then

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '115' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.

then a bunch error popups with the value of "115' change based on the number of eps it tried to scrap.

I did find that some of my files were corrupted. When I tried to manually scrap the thumb. Which means I have other files corrupted to. Know of any programs that would run through all my vid files and check integrity?
Believe I know what's happening. I'll try and reproduce. Be in the morning so 12 ish hour
Hello there!
I Hope I can get some help here. I'm currently trying to establish a connection from my Media Companion to my Raspberry Pi OSMC Kodi.

On my Pi The webserver is enabled, set to port 80. All kinds of remode are enabled. The IP Address is set static.

My router is the wifi function of my smartphone.

My computer's a laptop connected to the wifi hotspot. IP V 4 get through DHCP service. I can't set it to a static IP. The phone doesn't seem to like that configuration on that device. Don't ask me why though.

I can ping the Pi without any problems, but when I try the Media Companion's XMBC Link, I only get a Check on the IP Address. Even the port says false, even though I definetly set the port on the Pi to 80. And I can reach the webinterface through the browser. I used to use a bluetooth keyboard+mouse setup until I found out that worked too.
I tryed restarting the Pi without any change. Setting the laptop's IP static doesn't do any good either.

I'm in a sutation where I cannot change my technical setup. I'm stuck with laptop, smartphone and Pi. Any suggestions anyone or ideas? Or if this is the wrong place to ask, please redirect me to where I can get some help.

Thanks in advance!
Quick suggestion is set the port to 8080, as the default is usually for http connections
Try 9090; 8080 didn't work for me.