Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded the last version (3.624) and i scrap in french from tmdb xbmc scraper.

The fix for tagline seem to work for other movies who has html code after the tagline but not for Home Sweet Hell (2015).
May have to do a special build for you that grabs the IMDB HTML code in French. Will get back to you a bit later. Will PM you.
@Levi59

Problem isn't with Media Companion. Tagline is scraped from TMDB, and currently it is wrong.

So, two choices, I can change this to
Psycho épouse, vie malheureuse
which is google's translation to french from Psycho Wife, Unhappy Life and may be horribly wrong.

Or, sign up to TMDB site and edit the Tagline to correct French translation.
ok it's horribly wrong... I will correct this myself. Sorry for the false report Wink
When a movie doesn't have a fanart and you click google search, there's an option that allows you to copy and paste the image in MC. How do you resize that pasted image?
(2015-07-18, 12:28)marhutchy Wrote: [ -> ]When a movie doesn't have a fanart and you click google search, there's an option that allows you to copy and paste the image in MC. How do you resize that pasted image?

Are you looking to crop or to change the saved resolution?
Quick look at this and cropping can be done to saved image after you've clicked the set as thumb button.

Setting the saved resolution, is only selectable in the Movie Preferences -> Artwork tab. Set the Fanart preferred size.
Then, if you paste the link for a 1920x1080 image, but have preferred Fanart size set to 1280x720, the saved image is resized down to 1280x720.

Note: This option does not upsize images, only saves down to selected image size.
I want to change the resolution of a pasted image from the google image search.
There isn't a fanart for that movie, so I had to use google search. I found an image I would like to use the fanart, but I can't change the resolution.
When I click Save High-Res, I get no fanart selected pop-up.

EDIT: Never mind, I found out how to do it. When I paste the url/address, I should click set thumb, and that will resize it.
OK, so you go to Google search, find the image, and copy the image location.

Then in Media Companion, click on URL or Browse, paste the 'copied image location' and click Set Thumb
When I did this, it saved the 1816x1285 image at 1920x1080 resolution.

If this isn't working correctly, then is it possible you have been upgrading Media Companion? If so, some settings may not have transposed correctly, and I'd suggest do a Clean Extract of Media Companion to a test folder, and try this again.

Else, let me know how you get the image from Google search into Media Companion.
OK, I didn't catch your edit.

Glad you got it sorted.
Suggestion for future versions:
add (poster creation) option in (home movies) through taking (snapshot) of the home movie from a (different time) than the snapshot taken for fanart (for example if fanart is taken after 3 seconds of each movie the poster is taken after 8 seconds or so) so we could have a different poster and fanart for each home movie inside its folder and no need to scrape poster or thumb through Kodi itself
benefits:
1-new option for quick posters for home movies (currently snapshot for fanart only)
2-the snapshot poster is saved inside the home movies folder so
a-scraping is done faster by Kodi
b-backup in case we need to start over
c-no need to open each folder to let Kodi create poster or thumb all will be done in advance
(2015-07-20, 11:27)mohamedselim Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion for future versions:
add (poster creation) option in (home movies) through taking (snapshot) of the home movie from a (different time) than the snapshot taken for fanart (for example if fanart is taken after 3 seconds of each movie the poster is taken after 8 seconds or so) so we could have a different poster and fanart for each home movie inside its folder and no need to scrape poster or thumb through Kodi itself
benefits:
1-new option for quick posters for home movies (currently snapshot for fanart only)
2-the snapshot poster is saved inside the home movies folder so
a-scraping is done faster by Kodi
b-backup in case we need to start over
c-no need to open each folder to let Kodi create poster or thumb all will be done in advance

Like it. Will add to next release.
hey vbat.

I ran into the problem again where it says no fanart.tv results I have checked that id´s match
title - Justice League: Gods And Monsters
from movie nfo - <tmdbid>323027</tmdbid>
fanart.tv url - https://fanart.tv/movie/323027/justice-l...-monsters/ (ids match)
and images on fanart.tv is uploaded a month ago.

I run into this from time to time

ztrust
(2015-07-20, 21:59)ztrust Wrote: [ -> ]hey vbat.

I ran into the problem again where it says no fanart.tv results I have checked that id´s match
title - Justice League: Gods And Monsters
from movie nfo - <tmdbid>323027</tmdbid>
fanart.tv url - https://fanart.tv/movie/323027/justice-l...-monsters/ (ids match)
and images on fanart.tv is uploaded a month ago.

I run into this from time to time

ztrust

I see the issue. The API for Fanart.TV can use IMDB ID or TMDB Id. I have it set to use IMDB Id if present in the nfo, else use TMDB ID if present.

I'll try do set up a loop if both ID's present, and hopefully this will get a result. But I'll also put TMDB ID first.
Na, easier to place TMDB ID preferred, then fall back to IMDB ID, as Fanart.Tv searches using TheMovieDB Id by default.