Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can one rename a profile?

And how could I display movies of a special folder (assigned in "Movie folders")? E.g. display all of the movies in folder 1 (and do not show the movies in the other folders).

When there are movies produced in different countries, is there a way to make MC show all of those countries (like done here: http://i.imgur.com/hHvHeXq.png) instead of just showing one of those countries?
(2015-08-09, 10:54)wints Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-08, 22:49)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Play button is working for me on this x64 version.

Does the Play button work on the standard Media Companion version for you?
Do you have a custom Media Player selected? or using Windows default player?

Yeah I have a custom media player selected forgot about that and the fact I updated the media player the other day and forgot to change it it MC3 opps sorry all working now cheers

Glad you got it sorted.
(2015-08-09, 10:55)Dirki Wrote: [ -> ]How can one rename a profile?

And how could I display movies of a special folder (assigned in "Movie folders")? E.g. display all of the movies in folder 1 (and do not show the movies in the other folders).

When there are movies produced in different countries, is there a way to make MC show all of those countries (like done here: http://i.imgur.com/hHvHeXq.png) instead of just showing one of those countries?

Hi Dirki

You can't rename a profile sorry, only delete it and create a new profile with the new name

Only option for specific movie root folder is to remove all other movie root folders. This is something I hope to change in the future, to make it possible to display movies in enabled root movie folders.

Not too sure what your last question is asking, but there is a Countries Filter for Movies.

and then select one or many countries to filter by.
Hello vbat99,

Thank you.

> You can't rename a profile sorry, only delete it and create a new profile with the new name
Alright, can I create a new profile from the one to rename? So could I create a new profile on its base with all the settings / folders of the one that shall be renamed?

< Only option for specific movie root folder is to remove all other movie root folders. This is something I hope to change in the future, to make it possible to display movies in enabled root movie folders.
OK, so no way at the moment to (conveniently) show only the movies of a special folder and after show the movies of all of the folders.

> Not too sure what your last question is asking, but there is a Countries Filter for Movies.
Sorry for my bad expression:

There are movies which are produces in cooperation by different countries, e.g. by a French director and an American producer, so the "Country" tag may be would show something like: USA, FR. But MC only shows one of the countries, always (as far as I see it), so e.g. USA. So MC in the movie information does not show this - http://i.imgur.com/hHvHeXq.png - but it shows something like: "CA" (not any of the other countries, here GB and FR are missing). So could one make MC show in the movie information, here - http://i.imgur.com/hHvHeXq.png - all of the countries, not only one of them?

Sorry again for my insufficient explanation and many thanks for the screenshots.
(2015-08-09, 23:15)Dirki Wrote: [ -> ]Hello vbat99,

Thank you.

> You can't rename a profile sorry, only delete it and create a new profile with the new name
Alright, can I create a new profile from the one to rename? So could I create a new profile on its base with all the settings / folders of the one that shall be renamed?

< Only option for specific movie root folder is to remove all other movie root folders. This is something I hope to change in the future, to make it possible to display movies in enabled root movie folders.
OK, so no way at the moment to (conveniently) show only the movies of a special folder and after show the movies of all of the folders.

> Not too sure what your last question is asking, but there is a Countries Filter for Movies.
Sorry for my bad expression:

There are movies which are produces in cooperation by different countries, e.g. by a French director and an American producer, so the "Country" tag may be would show something like: USA, FR. But MC only shows one of the countries, always (as far as I see it), so e.g. USA. So MC in the movie information does not show this - http://i.imgur.com/hHvHeXq.png - but it shows something like: "CA" (not any of the other countries, here GB and FR are missing). So could one make MC show in the movie information, here - http://i.imgur.com/hHvHeXq.png - all of the countries, not only one of them?

Sorry again for my insufficient explanation and many thanks for the screenshots.

1. Did a quick test, and creating a new profile only copies the default profile to the new profile.
Alternatively, you can edit the profile.xml file in the settings folder.
Find the entry
Code:
<profilename>Secondary</profilename>
and change the name from Secondary to whatever you want. (Secondary is an example dummy profile I was playing with)
Make sure you use a text editor that can properly handle xml files, like notepad++

2. Sorry, not currently, but is planned for down the road.

3. Not sure where you are getting GB, FB, CA from. We scrape the country from either IMDB or TMDB. These are usually listed as USA or United States of America, UK or United Kingdom, or Germany etc. And this is dependent on the data on IMDB or TMDB. Most movies have only one country. Some have two. For example, Lord Of The Rings. MC scrapes New Zealand,United States of America, yet Dallas Buyers Club only returns United States of America.

Please check IMDB or TMDB depending on your selected scraper, and check what countries are listed for your movie. IF Media Companion is not returning all countries, then please let me know the title of the movie, language you have selected, and the scraper you have selected in Media Companion.

Edit: I just tested IMDB, and it is only returning one country, USA Will check to see why this is happening and fix before the next release.
Many thanks, vbat99.

1. Great, so I just can copy such an xml file and rename the <profilename>, that's easy.

2. Alright, looking forward to it.

3. I had scraped with Kodi before while testing / trying a little bit and after I pressed "Refresh" or / and "Search" in MC so MC read that data scraped by Kodi.
Yes, most of the movies have one country only.

<<< Please check IMDB or TMDB depending on your selected scraper, and check what countries are listed for your movie. IF Media Companion is not returning all <<<countries, then please let me know the title of the movie, language you have selected, and the scraper you have selected in Media Companion.
<<<Edit: I just tested IMDB, and it is only returning one country, USA Will check to see why this is happening and fix before the next release.
OK, so at the moment I need not to do that (may be after the fix for that / the next release, if the fix will not work. I had uses - as far as I remember both scrapers or a mix of both ones in Kodi and in MC I also use a mix of IMDB / TMDB.

MC does not scrape all of the movie names containing an ä, ü, ö, ß. How could I make MC to scrape them?

Many thanks again
(2015-08-10, 09:41)Dirki Wrote: [ -> ]MC does not scrape all of the movie names containing an ä, ü, ö, ß. How could I make MC to scrape them?

Give me a movie title with some or all of these characters. I believe I tried this once before and it worked for me.
Also, let me know what scraper you are using, ie: IMDB or XBMC TMDB scraper, and if TMDB what language you've set it at.
Auf die Bäume, ihr Affen (1983)
DuckTales - Der Film - Jäger der verlorenen Lampe (1990)
Edgar Wallace - Der Mönch mit der Peitsche (1967)

By the way (another point I am just noticing), there are two years some with some of the movies, why is that? I click a movie in the left panel and it is shown like that: http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/1wqtvux76zn.png
When I click into the field showing the two years the wrong one goes: http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/21b7ltvcpyz.png
It does not seem to be another point, that displaying is shown with the movies containing such a strange German character (ä, ü...) in the file name.

The settings (English, IMDB used):

Switching to German language does not help.

When I rescrape these movies they disappear from the list on the left panel.
I'll have a look, but this might be another problem with IMDB.

And I'm not hopeful I can test IMDB with German, and IMDB supply webpages in the language selected by you IP Location. (explain that another time).

As for your titles with two years, these are movies that didn't scrape. MC is getting the year from the filename, as well as the year from scrape data. In this case, as it couldn't scrape the movie, the default year is 1901.

You can try to use the Change Movie Tab for these movies instead of using Rescrape. Rescrape won't work as the initial scrape failed and there is not associated IMDB ID or TMDB ID.

Can you test with selecting XBMC TMDB as the scraper, and select the language as de.
< I'll have a look, but this might be another problem with IMDB.
OK, thank you. And what if I used the titles provided by TMDB instead of IMDB?

< You can try to use the Change Movie Tab for these movies instead of using Rescrape.
Yes, that works, after clicking that tab this is shown: http://i.imgur.com/JBqGzsR.png
< And I'm not hopeful I can test IMDB with German, and IMDB supply webpages in the language selected by you IP Location. (explain that another time).
When I exchange that strange sign with the "?" with "ö" (and delete "Edgar Wallace - ") IMDB finds the correct movie although the title contains an "ö".

< As for your titles with two years, these are movies that didn't scrape. MC is getting the year from the filename, as well as the year from scrape data. In this case, as it couldn't scrape the movie, the default year is 1901.
Alright, so it is just the correct behavior of MC then.

< Can you test with selecting XBMC TMDB as the scraper, and select the language as de.
That appears to work, with these settings: http://i.imgur.com/TwdtIrg.png
The English titles are scraped (respectively obviously the original titles, e.g. Italian, Spanish, etc.) instead of the German ones as I would expect.

What actually is the TMDB XBMC scraper? Why XBMC? It is another kind of scraper than the normal TMDB scraper?

I assume these settings are the best ones: http://i.imgur.com/3ry1sAb.png
Is it enough to just rescrape all of the movies with the new settings? Or should I delete the info files, images before?
(2015-08-10, 20:59)Dirki Wrote: [ -> ]< I'll have a look, but this might be another problem with IMDB.
OK, thank you. And what if I used the titles provided by TMDB instead of IMDB?

< You can try to use the Change Movie Tab for these movies instead of using Rescrape.
Yes, that works, after clicking that tab this is shown: http://i.imgur.com/JBqGzsR.png
< And I'm not hopeful I can test IMDB with German, and IMDB supply webpages in the language selected by you IP Location. (explain that another time).
When I exchange that strange sign with the "?" with "ö" (and delete "Edgar Wallace - ") IMDB finds the correct movie although the title contains an "ö".

< As for your titles with two years, these are movies that didn't scrape. MC is getting the year from the filename, as well as the year from scrape data. In this case, as it couldn't scrape the movie, the default year is 1901.
Alright, so it is just the correct behavior of MC then.

< Can you test with selecting XBMC TMDB as the scraper, and select the language as de.
That appears to work, with these settings: http://i.imgur.com/TwdtIrg.png
The English titles are scraped (respectively obviously the original titles, e.g. Italian, Spanish, etc.) instead of the German ones as I would expect.

What actually is the TMDB XBMC scraper? Why XBMC? It is another kind of scraper than the normal TMDB scraper?

I assume these settings are the best ones: http://i.imgur.com/3ry1sAb.png
Is it enough to just rescrape all of the movies with the new settings? Or should I delete the info files, images before?

Media Companion uses Google to find the best match for IMDB ID, and this is working for me. But, searching IMDB manually in a web browser gets the same results as you. "No results found for: Edgar Wallace - Der Mönch mit der Peitsche"
Also, on the Change Movie tab, I can select TMDB search, and MC find's the movie correctly first time.

Scraping with TMDB finds and scrapes the movie correctly.

With Media Companion, you can scrape from IMDB, or from TMDB. For ease of compatibility, we use XBMC/Kodi's TMDB scraper. This works very well, and we have also added options to get missing fields from IMDB during this scrape.

I would highly recommend enabling these options and setting your language. Also, enabling these options will allow to the scrape to fill all the data fields.
Hey Rob, got a tiny issue:

Running the x64 version (though I also tried on x86 and got the same thing). I get the following error on TV Show scrape when adding new TV Show folders from roots:

Code:
System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at Media_Companion.Utilities.EnsureFolderExists(String Path)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.TvGetActorTvdb(TvShow& NewShow)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.bckgrnd_tvshowscraper_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Error occurred on Blindspot, Lucifer, and Minority Report. All shows listed on TVDb, TMDb, and IMDb. Actors available on all sites as well.
Which scraper are you using? Mediacompanion. Or xbmc tvdb?
And please let me know the full path for these shows.

I've scraped Lucifer but not sure if 3.624b or an earlier build. Will test again.

Edit
Has to be a path issue, possibly a SMB path??
Quote:System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found.

If using SMB, what other options have you got set. Are you using a Central folder for actors?
(2015-08-09, 10:55)Dirki Wrote: [ -> ]And how could I display movies of a special folder (assigned in "Movie folders")? E.g. display all of the movies in folder 1 (and do not show the movies in the other folders).

New feature for next release. Checkbox listbox for Movie Root folders. Users can disable/enable root movie folder from loading movies or scraping movies of unchecked sources.