Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In MC 3.6.3.0 x64 (also tested in 3.6.2.6 x86) there is a menu item Help - About Media Companion. When I click that I get a popup that floats on top of all desktop windows (Win 7) and no way to dismiss it. I have to exit MC.

Also the Kodi wiki entry for media companion links to the v2 thread. I think it would be better to link to this thread.

scott s.
Gidday scott967

To get rid of the About Media Companion windows, tap the escape key. I'll see about getting this to close if clicking a different window, or add the X into the corner.

Will update the link to this thread. Thanks for the heads-up. It's much appreciated catching these issue and letting me know.

Cheers
Anyone on this thread using proxy server?

Interested in users testing mediacompanion and changes I've made in its proxy code.

Please pm me if you can help
Hey vbat, I have a question. The search box doesn't seem to work correctly when the database is in the File Name view. For example, all my 4K movies are named Movie.Name.bluray.1080p.TrueHD.4K.mkv. If I click on File Name and type 4K in the search box, it yields no results. Alternately if i type in TrueHD, it also yields no results. The search box works well when you use it with Title & Year. Any chance you could look into this? Having the File Name option seems irrelevant if you can't search the file names. Thanks.

I'm using the latest v3.6.3.0.

Here's an example. I've entered "men" in the search box which includes the movies Men In Black (4K) and The Fifth Element (4K). You can see that 4K is part of the file name.

If I erase that and enter 4K, no results.

(2015-11-02, 07:32)clubwerks Wrote: [ -> ]Hey vbat, I have a question. The search box doesn't seem to work correctly when the database is in the File Name view. For example, all my 4K movies are named Movie.Name.bluray.1080p.TrueHD.4K.mkv. If I click on File Name and type 4K in the search box, it yields no results. Alternately if i type in TrueHD, it also yields no results. The search box works well when you use it with Title & Year. Any chance you could look into this? Having the File Name option seems irrelevant if you can't search the file names. Thanks.

I'm using the latest v3.6.3.0.

I'll check into what field the search engine is working on. I suspect it is only searching the Movie Title, and searching for BluRay would also fail.

See what can be done.
You are correct. And that's fine. But I'm not sure what functionality adding a File Name button serves if you can't search the file names. Other than a few minor issues, I love the program. It's really fantastic.
Well, that is a search field for movie titles. What your trying to do is filter the list for 4k in the filename.

It should be easy (hope) to get the search to change fields depending on selected display option.
Alternatively, you could enable the Resolution filter, and filter your 4k movies that way...
(2015-11-02, 09:25)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Alternatively, you could enable the Resolution filter, and filter your 4k movies that way...

I'll check into that. I had no idea that existed.
Sorry, I knew there was an issue with that. They're not 4K resolution, they're remastered from 4K source movies.
(2015-11-02, 20:05)clubwerks Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I knew there was an issue with that. They're not 4K resolution, they're remastered from 4K source movies.

Darn. Was interested in that also. Not sure if MC is limited to 1080p resolution. And I don't have anything 4K to work with.....a hunting I will go...
So, I've added searching of Filename or Movie title, depending on which button user has selected.
Also added 2160 resolution overlay icon, and while at it, the 3D icon overlay.

Will be available in the next release.
(2015-10-27, 21:31)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]In MC 3.6.3.0 x64 (also tested in 3.6.2.6 x86) there is a menu item Help - About Media Companion. When I click that I get a popup that floats on top of all desktop windows (Win 7) and no way to dismiss it. I have to exit MC.

Also the Kodi wiki entry for media companion links to the v2 thread. I think it would be better to link to this thread.

scott s.

Fix in place for next release. Cheers.
(2015-11-03, 02:18)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]So, I've added searching of Filename or Movie title, depending on which button user has selected.

What's the time frame on that so I know about when to start checking for updates. Thanks.
(2015-11-03, 02:50)clubwerks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-03, 02:18)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]So, I've added searching of Filename or Movie title, depending on which button user has selected.

What's the time frame on that so I know about when to start checking for updates. Thanks.

I really wanted to finish a new function, but it's gonna take me some time.... I'll look at a new release within the next couple of hours.