Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-12-17, 11:08)tars Wrote: [ -> ]Just removing "Rated" prefix at the beginning would suffice.

The MPAA rating has the whole sentence, ie: Night Crawler
MPAA - "Rated R for violence including graphic images, and for language"

But, if you put USA at the top, then you would only get
"R" or "Rated R" (depending on selected option).

I'd leave MPAA structure alone, as some prefer this. If your only wanting the actual rating, ie: G, PG, R, R16, then move MPAA down the list of IMDB Certificate Priority
I don't think grammatical accuracy should matter here since an option is just an option for the user's preference.
But if you insist, you'd better change the wording of the option as it won't work for a half of the MPAA rated movies.

Now I can guess why the certification filtering options are so limited (no distinction between G, PG, and PG-13). Probably to handle non-MPAA ratings all together? But I really miss the filtering functionality that would list G, PG, PG-13, R, and NC-17 movies separately.
(2015-12-17, 19:46)tars Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think grammatical accuracy should matter here since an option is just an option for the user's preference.
But if you insist, you'd better change the wording of the option as it won't work for a half of the MPAA rated movies.

Might have lost me here. Suggestion on better wording? any suggestions?

(2015-12-17, 19:46)tars Wrote: [ -> ]Now I can guess why the certification filtering options are so limited (no distinction between G, PG, and PG-13). Probably to handle non-MPAA ratings all together? But I really miss the filtering functionality that would list G, PG, PG-13, R, and NC-17 movies separately.

Yes, this is difficult as different countries have different ratings, differences between ratings, and some ratings are so not right.
Maybe in the future it can be looked at.
Is there any way that you can run MC_COM.exe as a scheduled task at frequent times when the PC is not logged in?

Would be handy for us that run their media collections on NAS's or backend servers.

I spent a couple of days with no success getting it to work. Anyone done this yet?
(2015-12-18, 03:13)a51alias Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way that you can run MC_COM.exe as a scheduled task at frequent times when the PC is not logged in?

Would be handy for us that run their media collections on NAS's or backend servers.

I spent a couple of days with no success getting it to work. Anyone done this yet?

I don't think it is possible as a user is required to access network paths, ensure mapped drives are allowed etc.
I spotted this in Task Scheduler __Run whether user is logged on or not__.

Sorry, you will have to try and see if it runs.

Create a Batch file
make sure you change directory into the Media Companion folder.
add -v to the end of mc_com.exe
ie: mc_com.exe -e -v (for searching new episodes, -v outputs to Log file only).
Get it to run every 5 minutes, and log off.

Log on after 15~20 minutes, and check in the Media companion folder for __mc_com.log__. Check it, see if it ran OK.

Best I can suggest.
(2015-12-17, 20:33)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-17, 19:46)tars Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think grammatical accuracy should matter here since an option is just an option for the user's preference.

Might have lost me here. Suggestion on better wording? any suggestions?

I mean that option is almost useless as it won't work for movies with added "for..." phrase MPAA certification. Also filtering doesn't work correctly with that option enabled. You will get a separate "NC-17" filtering entry while "Rated NC-17 for...." movies are included under "18". I also tried batch removing "Rated" prefix for all nfo files with notepad++, but then I got hundreds of filtering entries for R movies like "R for ..." unlike PG or PG-13 movies.
That option might be only useful for non-MPAA certificates, but then they don't use "Rated" prefix.

My suggestion is either make the option working consistently for all MPAA rated movies with correct filtering functionality, or remove it.

(2015-12-17, 20:33)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-17, 19:46)tars Wrote: [ -> ]Now I can guess why the certification filtering options are so limited (no distinction between G, PG, and PG-13). Probably to handle non-MPAA ratings all together? But I really miss the filtering functionality that would list G, PG, PG-13, R, and NC-17 movies separately.

Yes, this is difficult as different countries have different ratings, differences between ratings, and some ratings are so not right.
Maybe in the future it can be looked at.

Can't you at least provide an option to sort movies by certification in movie list only with G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17, and Unrated entries? Movie Table or export templates are not sorting neatly due to "Rated" prefix and various "for..." phrases.
Most MPAA that have extra phrase added, start the phrase with for

I can add an option that users can select, that looks for for and removes from that point onwards.
For next release.

Fixed Exclude Rated. If selected, Rated is removed, if not selected, Rated is added if not present.
New option. Remove phrases after Rating Certificate Cleans from Certificate on-wards.
ie: Rated PG - 13 for violence throughout and suggestive content including nudity becomes PG - 13, or Rated PG - 13.

This is on Scrape, Rescrape level of Media Companion now.
Would there be any differences between enabling that new option and using USA ratings over MPAA ratings?
New Release.

Media Companion 3.639b, 32 & 64 bit builds

Bug Fixes again, and addition of Scraping Concert Videos from TheMovieDb.org.

New:
  • MV - Addition of Scraping Concerts via TheMovieDb Scraper.
  • MV - Concert Video artwork from TheMovieDb.
  • Movie - Option to remove Phrases after MPAA Certificate.
  • Movie - Apply Remove Phrase and Rating on MPAA at Scrape level.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix Get Runtime IMDB if movie less than 60 minutes.
  • Movie - Correct MovieSet Display on select if Ignore MovieSet Article.
  • Movie - Fix IMDB Tagline again.
  • MCPreferences - Add missing MovieToolTip option.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.639b x86 & MC 3.639b x64

Revision History
Thanks for the new version!
The bugs I reported were all fixed properly.

1. Whenever executing "Batch Rescraper Wizard" command from main menu, a dialog pops up saying "Index was outside the bounds of the array. Continue?". Upon clicking on No, the program closes down. "Refresh" doesn't help.

2. MPAA uses "Rated XX on appeal for..." phrases as well which are not handled correctly by the new option. e.g. Solaris (2002)

3. Right-clicking on any place on filter boxes displays "Configure Movie Filters" command. But right-clicking on an enabled filter entry (e.g. "+Tom Cruise") changes it to "all". I don't think that's intended.

4. I think preferences still have some room for improvement.

- "Common" and "General" sounds almost the same to users (yes, I know the differences). How about merging them into "General" with some more tabs?
- Too diverse options under "Movie / General". Why don't you create more tabs under Movie?
- Also group options based on key functionality. Why is "exclude rated prefix" option alone placed under General instead of under Scraper? Movie Set settings too are scattered across under different tabs and it's hard to locate each option.
All Good suggestions.

Will check out the Batch Rescraper WIzard issue and let you know.

For the Rating, I knew there would be something that would slip past.

Filters, I see what's happening, Switches to All and also pops up 'Configure Movie Filters'.

As for Preferences. Yes, a bit of tidying up needs to be done, but baby steps. First step was to separate the Preferences to it's own form, as similar as possible to how it was.
There will be more work done on this hopefully in the next week, but for now, I had some Xmas engagements that will keep me busy till Sunday.

I'm liking the ideas you've brought up. And appreciate the suggestions. Will post back when I've had a chance to investigae #1, #2 & #3,
(2015-12-18, 11:49)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]but for now, I had some Xmas engagements that will keep me busy till Sunday.

No worries. Nothing's urgent.
I'm having issues download... Sad

(2015-12-19, 04:19)marhutchy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having issues download... Sad

Sorry, not seeing an issue here. Downloaded from link OK.

But I am seriously getting pissed off with Avast Antivirus again picking up a dll as a false positive.

Everyone, Media Companion does not have a Virus, in case your AV picks up.
Out of no where, Avast is flagging impa.dll as a virus, when last week (before a Avast update) everything we sweet.

All files have been checked and tested against www.virustotal.com.

Bloody Avast!