Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately we can't dismiss this error, as it it between writing of the nfo, and assigning the movie to MC's moviecache.

Within the saving of the nfo, we have marked sections that use to cause issues, into stages.
From stage 3, MC is formatting the video files stream details.
So some data isn't correct, causing MC to stop creating the nfo for saving.
But it isn't exactly clear what this could be, as whomever set up these stages, didn't do a wonderful job. I'll see what can be done to improve this.
(2016-01-23, 06:20)tars Wrote: [ -> ]Is it not possible to modify the current navigation panel to two columns (Title&Year and Cert) instead of adding the same columns as permanent options?

Not possible as the code is written at this time.
If you aren't aware, it seems that any renaming operation is not moving anything but the movie and nfo to the new folder. Just a FYI.
(2016-01-21, 20:27)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, Rob. Great new release. Really like the alpha folder creation. Couple bugs to workout though. When I rename movie without adding the %N option, the movies are moved to the new dir, but, the artwork and folder are left behind. Hold that, seems it's the same with the %N. Also sometimes the movie gets moved with artwork, but, it's named <movie-name> artwork instead of poster.jpg, clearart.png. Thanks.

(2016-01-23, 21:16)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]If you aren't aware, it seems that any renaming operation is not moving anything but the movie and nfo to the new folder. Just a FYI.

Hi bobrap

Fix in place for the next release.
So far, everything is working good again.

When I push "Search" why do you think MC takes so long to link into my NAS? Once it finds it, we're good. It's scan really quick, but it seems to take like 20 mins to begin. I still....blame you, MyCloud.

Also, why I have say, 100 folders, why would MC say scanning 1 of 101 (not hidden)...maybe the root?? And, after the scan, I get 99 of the 100 expected. Weird? Not sure what the heck that missing one is.....hmm..
(2016-01-24, 02:28)McButton Wrote: [ -> ]So far, everything is working good again.

When I push "Search" why do you think MC takes so long to link into my NAS? Once it finds it, we're good. It's scan really quick, but it seems to take like 20 mins to begin. I still....blame you, MyCloud.

Also, why I have say, 100 folders, why would MC say scanning 1 of 102? And, after the scan, I get 99 of the 100 expected. Weird? Not sure what the heck that missing one is.....hmm..

Shouldn't take 20 minutes to start, unless you have movies in the root of your movies folder. Then, depending on how many movies are in the root, it may take some time.

Recently I bit the bullet, and moved all movies not in sub folders out to a Temp folder.
Then I created a second temp folder, and transferred about a dozen movies into the second temp folder.
Set MC to only have the second temp folder the Root Movie folder.
Once refreshed, the dozen movies were listed. Clicked one movie, Ctrl-A, right-click, Rename selected movie(s) -> Movie and folder
Then went into the second temp folder, Cut and Pasted into my main movie folder.
Repeat and rinse... till all movies are in sub folder.

MC, on my collection now starts in minutes on a Refresh or Search.

As for more folders than you actually have, MC counts the root folder, and any sub-sub folders it finds as the total folders to scan.
Why 99 of 100? Possibly a filter is enabled, causing one movie not to be listed.
Disable all Movie Filters except for General filter, and do another refresh.

That should see you right.
1700 individual movie folders. Probably why she's a bit slow.
Is there a way to have it just load up with the cached database instantly? Ive seen that in other scrapers that it just shows what was last scraped (in case you just want to check it without editing).

Scanned twice. 1 tricky jerk won't load an .nfo. Maybe it's just an empty folder. I'm sure I'll find it. Too bad windows doesn't have a folder size filter. Gotta get a program again.
Nope. Media Companion has a Movie Cache file in the settings folder.
This is loaded in at start-up and should load all movies into the movie list.

Please say you don't have Disable caching of MediaDb in General Preferences selected? As this will do a refresh on each start of Media Companion.

With 4500 movies, MC starts in less than 8 seconds.
Nah. It's enabled. So, the cache is native and has nothing to do with being online. Still...probably on my end.
4500? 1700 is every movie I could ever want, and I still think 300+ should leave. Maybe you need to do some spring cleaning.

I'll try to see what is causing the missed scrape. I'm still testing between Ember, which caught it. ALL of my vids are MC scrapes now for .nfo. We shall see. It shouldn't matter...but............its just there, laughing.

***Rebooted. 4 seconds. All good there. ***
4500 are just dummy test files for loading and testing mediacompanion with a big collection

My nas has about 500 Max and is forever pruned and added to.
(2016-01-21, 08:18)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I found was if all my movies were in the Root of the Movie folder added to Media Companion, MC took ages to refresh my Movies. (around 5 minutes)
Once I moved all Movies into their own sub folders, MC ran a lot quicker. ( about 40 seconds).

I noticed that too. I keep movie files in the root of the movie folders (to easily discern what movies need an external subtitle) and refreshing takes a lot longer as folders gets bigger.
I ran some tests with a thousand video files along with their respective nfo and two image files.
All those files in a single folder takes 38 sec for refreshing, but 21 sec with the same files in 2 folders, 16 sec in 3 folders, 13 sec in 4 folders.
And refreshing 500 movies in a single folder takes 11 sec, but refreshing 1000 movies takes not 22 but 38 sec, and 98 sec for 1500 movies.

(2016-01-21, 08:18)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]I do need to look at how MC is searching for Movies and extra data. There is a definite performance degradation if movies are not in their own sub folders.

Yes, hope to see some progress in this area.
In the meantime, if anybody out there suffers the same issue, my advice is try to keep your files in a smaller, multiple folders.
So I found the code that was choking scanning of Root Movie Folders, and I've told that section to only run if the movie is in sub folders. It was the Get Folder Size routine.
So, if you have movies in the root folder, the scan should be a lot quicker.

From my test with 98 movies in the root movie folder, and 126 movies in sub folders,
just the root folder scan went from 2 minutes to 8 seconds.
126 folders was approx 11 seconds.

Users should see a drastic improvement in Refreshing the Movie List.....in the next release.
Is there a way to just have TV SHOW invalid .nfos get overwitten instead of changed to .info? I see it for movies but TV just keeps on rolling. I just don't want a bunch of nfo AND info in each folder. It's messing with my biz.

Also, is there a way to change where in the video MC pulls screenshots for missing artwork? I only saw 1 option.

..just curious...nothing huge.

Also, also, also....is there a way to have MC ignore scanning the whole Movie database and scan only newly added items? Not sure if that technology is a thing, but it seems like it would save time. I only add like 1 or 2 movies a month.
(2016-01-25, 05:08)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Users should see a drastic improvement in Refreshing the Movie List.....in the next release.

Great news! Look forward to the next release!
(2016-01-25, 10:16)McButton Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to just have TV SHOW invalid .nfos get overwitten instead of changed to .info? I see it for movies but TV just keeps on rolling. I just don't want a bunch of nfo AND info in each folder. It's messing with my biz.
In General Preferences, Rename non-compliant scene 'nfo' to 'info'. UnSelect this and MC should delete the nfo instead of renaming it.
Quote:Also, is there a way to change where in the video MC pulls screenshots for missing artwork? I only saw 1 option.

..just curious...nothing huge.
TV Preferences,....Huh? Box to select delay in seconds is missing....OGM! Will fix this in the next release.
Quote:Also, also, also....is there a way to have MC ignore scanning the whole Movie database and scan only newly added items? Not sure if that technology is a thing, but it seems like it would save time. I only add like 1 or 2 movies a month.
Unfortunately no. While MC knows you have certain Movies, it needs to check and find any new movies, where-ever they may be.
But, you do have options.
1. Have MC open and on Movies.
In Explorer, Click and drag the new movie over top of the list of movies in MC, and drop. MC will just scrape the new movie.

2. This is what I do. MC only has a temp folder as the root movie folder. All new movies go into this folder and get scraped.
Once I'm happy with the scraped data, I use Explorer to cut and paste the movie from the Temp folder, into my Master Movie Folder.

3. Create a new profile, pointing to a Temp folder.
Scrape this folder for new movies, and when finished, Cut and Paste the new movies to your main Movie folder.
Switch between profiles. Create new profile from Preferences, Profile & Commands Tab.
Once there is more than one profile, you can switch between them from the Toolbar.

BTW, Drag and drop is supported for Movie List, TV List, Root Movie Folders, Root TV Folders and List of TV Series listbox.