Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got part of this covered...
Subtitles should be moviename.srt and in the same folder as the movie.

(I'd say keep the same character mapping too. Caps and lower case are the same. Spaces the same.)
You can also do like ... Avatar.en.srt or Avatar.jp.srt to signify the country. Avatar.English.srt works. Avatar.forced.en.srt works. Avatar (special edition).en.srt works because it's after the title name as long as the title is Avatar (special edition).

You can use other subtitle formats as well, but .srt seems to be the most accepted. You could also mux it into an mkv and not have to worry about it at all. Just select it in the menu as you play.

Wiki --> http://kodi.wiki/view/Subtitles
Couple of small bugs and suggestions:

- Double quotes in tagline & outline get scraped to """ e.g. West Side Story (1961) for tagline, The Wild Bunch (1969) for outline. Maybe filters for those needed as well?

- Noticed you finally changed "Credits" to "Writers". How about changing "Missing Credits" filter too?

- When downloading posters in posters tab, message box always shows 10 for total number whereas preview panel on the left displays a correct number.

- Can you increase the number of visible rows for filters, especially general filter? Currently only six rows are visible and requires very careful scrolling to find one.

And thanks for improving picture downloading with fanart and poster tab! Now have to wait a little until all previews get downloaded, but overall it's working more smoothly and preview downloads takes shorter. Good job!
Thanx, I tried following the Kodi "help" but it doesn't flow and the method to install the subtitle service doesn't work. I have an empty repository list and no way to fill it. The instructions in Kodi wiki don't work.

Any ideas how to install the subtitle add-on?
(2016-01-30, 23:04)angusc Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, is there anyway for MC to close another program before scanning for art work?
The reason I ask is that if I start MC and scan for new media before closing uTorrent then even the movies that have completed seeing will leave a duplicate folder in the root folder which I then have to go and clean up. Ideally I would like MC to be able to close utorrent before commencing it's scan/scrape.

I kind of handled it in a script better that I made in to a shortcut. Basically starting the shortcut would first close utorrent, then start the cmd for MC and ruin in the background.

There is no method in MC to do this. I suggest you continue using your script.

Quote:Another question is about subtitle files .srt

Where and how should they be filled in the movie folder....in a separate folder or inside the movie folder along with artwork and .info?

Thanx for your help.
McButton answered this correctly.

Though, MC currently does not recognise the .en, .English or .forced.en endings when it comes to MC renaming of these files.
It's still on my ToDo lists....(sigh, will get there one day)
(2016-01-31, 00:50)angusc Wrote: [ -> ]Thanx, I tried following the Kodi "help" but it doesn't flow and the method to install the subtitle service doesn't work. I have an empty repository list and no way to fill it. The instructions in Kodi wiki don't work.

Any ideas how to install the subtitle add-on?
Had empty repository once on my Pi2 with Openelec. Think I had to enable DHCP and go to Repository to get it to populate. Then switched back to static IP.
Sorry, not too sure as it was some time ago.
(2016-01-30, 23:52)tars Wrote: [ -> ]Couple of small bugs and suggestions:

- Double quotes in tagline & outline get scraped to """ e.g. West Side Story (1961) for tagline, The Wild Bunch (1969) for outline. Maybe filters for those needed as well?

- Noticed you finally changed "Credits" to "Writers". How about changing "Missing Credits" filter too?

- When downloading posters in posters tab, message box always shows 10 for total number whereas preview panel on the left displays a correct number.

- Can you increase the number of visible rows for filters, especially general filter? Currently only six rows are visible and requires very careful scrolling to find one.

And thanks for improving picture downloading with fanart and poster tab! Now have to wait a little until all previews get downloaded, but overall it's working more smoothly and preview downloads takes shorter. Good job!
Double Quotes and some other code is problem from IMDb, that I have to keep fixing as they change their site. Will take a look.

Will change Missing credits to 'Missing Writers' for next build and also look at increasing General Filter list size.

As for Posters, it's stating how many its downloading, not the total of the next page. Ah, Think I know., your talking about if only 5 posters...OK, will rework this messagebox. Sorry, my bad..Sad
Does anyone even need the multi language info for scraping? I guess if you speak several languages. If my movie.srt is in English or Japanese...it still works regardless of having the correct language. I'd say very low priority. If there is an srt, list that it exists and move on.

--------------

@angusc -
Pre Gotham - http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Setup_subtitle_services
Post Gotham - http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XBMC_Subtitles

You can actually download the subtitle addon - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=126495 - and manually install it via .zip and a flash drive in Kodi or use WinSpc and drop the extracted .zip into .kodi/addons. Reboot your system, and it'll be there.

Easy peasy.
(2016-01-31, 05:11)McButton Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone even need the multi language info for scraping? I guess if you speak several languages. If my movie.srt is in English or Japanese...it still works regardless of having the correct language. I'd say very low priority. If there is an srt, list that it exists and move on.

Well, some people do, and Kodi supports it. It's something I need to get working correctly so that when MC renames files, it also handles
<moviename>.en.srt or <moviename>,forced.jp.srt etc.

Sometime...it'll get done.....
Maybe just have it look for .srt and how many instances rather than which. Bandaid mode.
Then you get in the...looking for .sub or .idx as well. I guess... Call Subtitles = .sub, .idx, .srt and put a count meeting any of the 3 criteria rather than specified file names. It'd probably make someone happy.

There's way cooler things than subtitles Smile
(2016-01-31, 08:35)McButton Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe just have it look for .srt and how many instances rather than which. Bandaid mode.
Then you get in the...looking for .sub or .idx as well. I guess... Call Subtitles = .sub, .idx, .srt and put a count meeting any of the 3 criteria rather than specified file names. It'd probably make someone happy.

There's way cooler things than subtitles Smile

Yep, I understand where your coming from. It's why its lower on my list of things to do.
Currently MC checks for matching ancillary files by the Movie filename, and the extension.
ie:
Avatar-poster.jpg (exception for artwork, looks for -poster or -fanart)

And MC looks for these subtitle types.
Code:
{".sub", ".srt", ".smi", ".idx", ".ass", ".ssa"}

Trust me, this is lower on my list, but it will be done.
Ah. Got it. No complaints here.
Neato Burrito.
Director filter has a bug in that it doesn't respect minimum number of movie setting. Looks like it always defaults to two for minimum even if the setting is set to one.

And can you add "pause" & "resume" button for fanart & poster tab that would work while downloading previews? Some movies have an enormous number of fanart (try 9½ Weeks (1986)) and some movies take a lot longer possibly due to bad connection to pictures. I had to kill the process and google pictures. Thanks!
(2016-02-01, 21:36)tars Wrote: [ -> ]Director filter has a bug in that it doesn't respect minimum number of movie setting. Looks like it always defaults to two for minimum even if the setting is set to one.

This in latest release
Code:
Movie - Increase Max Actors and Directors to 10,000 (default is still 500), but if set over 999, set minimum to 2 films to offset performance hit.

Quote:And can you add "pause" & "resume" button for fanart & poster tab that would work while downloading previews? Some movies have an enormous number of fanart (try 9½ Weeks (1986)) and some movies take a lot longer possibly due to bad connection to pictures. I had to kill the process and google pictures. Thanks!

The loading of Fanart and Posters change is a temporary measure till I can get some time to put these into a background thread, and incorporate a cancel method.
(2016-02-01, 23:24)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]This in latest release
Code:
Movie - Increase Max Actors and Directors to 10,000 (default is still 500), but if set over 999, set minimum to 2 films to offset performance hit.

I had already read it, but for some reason took the second part as a recommendation which isn't.
Anyway I just opened the previous version and I think I can handle it. Why not allow the user to deal with it?

(2016-02-01, 23:24)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]The loading of Fanart and Posters change is a temporary measure till I can get some time to put these into a background thread, and incorporate a cancel method.

Sounds good. Thanks!
(2016-02-02, 05:09)tars Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-01, 23:24)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]This in latest release
Code:

I had already read it, but for some reason took the second part as a recommendation which isn't.
Anyway I just opened the previous version and I think I can handle it. Why not allow the user to deal with it?

Ok, so I made a change in where MC sets the 2 limit.
Now when the user changes the actor or director Max value to greater than 999, MC will increase the minimum value to 2, in the preferences. So users can now reset this back to __1__ by their choice.