Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tested. Tried breaking. All seems working nifty on my end. It's cool to see more custom work. I'm sure I'm not the only one with custom TV Shows or Home Movies set as custom TV Shows. It definitely makes your Kodi system a more valuable resource when you can add ALL videos you own to it. I'm so glad I don't have misc flash drives laying around now. Even YouTube vids I like have their own TV Show listing.
I'm sure that sounds like a hint to get Customer TV completed in media companion....lol
Mine all load fine now. I didn't have to really edit much. Maybe because I already had some .nfos for them? I scanned my system and for the first time since I've used Kodi, my movies and TV shows all match perfectly. I actually did something productive today instead of messing with my stuff. It's pretty freeing. Just...do whatever it is you do. Looks good to me.
I have a problem. I think it might be considered a Kodi bug, but here's a HU:

I have my movie preferences set for max number of studios: 3. When MC generated the nfo it writes it as

Code:
<studio>studio 1</studio>
<studio>studio 2</studio>
<studio>studio 3</studio>

but when Kodi scans this, it creates the entry in videodb as "studio 1, studio 2, studio 3" which Kodi interprets as a single entity. As a test I edited the nfo as:

Code:
<studio>studio 1 / studio 2 / studio 3</studio>

and Kodi does process that correctly (entered as 3 separate studios).

Like I said, I think this is a Kodi bug, not a problem in MC but in the interim I am just setting maximum number of studios to 1.

scott s.
Yes, that is a definite Kodi bug.

Other tags need to be separate entries for each tag item,ie:
Code:
<genre>Action</genre>
    <genre>Adventure</genre>
    <genre>Western</genre>

Actually, just tested with Kodi 16RC2, and separate studio entries are entered as their own database entry.
Which Kodi version are you running?
(2016-02-07, 03:52)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that is a definite Kodi bug.

Other tags need to be separate entries for each tag item,ie:
Code:
<genre>Action</genre>
    <genre>Adventure</genre>
    <genre>Western</genre>

Actually, just tested with Kodi 16RC2, and separate studio entries are entered as their own database entry.
Which Kodi version are you running?

OK I went back and looked more closely. My error. What I found is that I have some nfos created back in 2013 (should have been from MC, but can't confirm) and these in fact have the studio set as

Code:
<studio>Studio1, Studio2</studio>

so Kodi was doing what it should have in that case. As it is, the way MC creates the nfo today is perfectly correct, as is how Kodi updates the video database.

scott s.
Right, I can't recall exactly when but yes, MC was changed to store as separate lines for each item, instead of all under one tag.

Glad you found it.
(2016-02-05, 23:00)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Also, did the way discs are sorted in folders change? I thought it used to list discs 1, 2, 3...10 etc. Now it's 1, 10, 2, 3. Just the anal in me. Rofl Thanks.

Don't know why I skipped this part of your question:
Folder list is now sorted. And as the list is a String, ordering of any numbers go 1, 10, 100, 101, 102, 11, 12, 2, 20, 21, 3, 4, 5.....
I could remove the sorting, but I kinda prefer it as I add drives randomly at times.
(2016-02-06, 00:29)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]OK, asked because if I select just one root, the drop down sets filter shows all the sets from all drives.

Yep, due to order of where they are in the programming code.
Thanks, Rob. No big deal on the sorting. Guess I'll just stick with selecting drives from the folders tab. Thanks again for your work.

Wanted to ask a question and I think this may have been addressed before. Can the screenshot module that is used in TV be adapted for movies? I have a few movies that have no fanart. Thanks.
Off topic here guys...

Apart from using a VPN or Plex, is there a way for me to remote stream my files from home to anywhere?
ROB.....
HELP ME!!!!HuhHuhHuhHuh

OK, enough theatricsCool. I'm too lazy to search the thread post by post, (didn't find anything when I searched stacking).

How do I get MC to handle CD1, CD2 etc? I have my videos named MovieName (2016) CD1.mkv and MovieName (2016) CD2.avi but MC lists it twice and creates 2 .nfo files (1 for each). What am I doing wrongHuhSadSadSad

EDIT: Name Mode is checked in General Preferences
Two different extensions may be causing problems.
DOH!!!!! You're a miracle worker - a miracle worker, I tell ya!!!!

That was it. Didn't even dawn on me to check, LOL

Thanks Wink
Big Grin Angel