Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anything is possible...votes from tvdb?
Just to clarify, we don't get any episode info from IMDb. Haven't for a long time.
(2016-06-01, 03:44)marhutchy Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to get the episode's votes as well?
Like how you get the rating from IMDb, can you get the number of votes?

This is in place for the next release. Votes are currently retrieved from TVDb only...may be possible from IMDB, but do not want to slow down the scraping speed till this is confirmed working OK.

Users can run the TV Batch Rescrape Wizard, Select Rating and run the wizard.
Rating also updates the Votes info (as these are linked), and will be saved to each episode's nfo file.

Cheers
(2016-06-02, 04:38)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-01, 03:44)marhutchy Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to get the episode's votes as well?
Like how you get the rating from IMDb, can you get the number of votes?

This is in place for the next release. Votes are currently retrieved from TVDb only...may be possible from IMDB, but do not want to slow down the scraping speed till this is confirmed working OK.

Users can run the TV Batch Rescrape Wizard, Select Rating and run the wizard.
Rating also updates the Votes info (as these are linked), and will be saved to each episode's nfo file.

Cheers

Thanks.

Sorry it took so long to respond.

So, ratings from IMDb is for TV series and not the episodes?
(2016-06-03, 19:21)marhutchy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks.

Sorry it took so long to respond.

So, ratings from IMDb is for TV series and not the episodes?

Sorry for confusion.

We get the Rating from TVDb if using Media Companion's built-in episode scraper, and now can get TVDb votes.

If using XBMC TVDb scraper, you can opt to get the rating from IMDb. Currently we can not get the Votes from IMDB using this scraper, I'm looking into it.

And I'll see if I can set up the built-in scraper to also get IMDb Votes, but this will slow down the scraping of episodes. By how much, I don't know yet.
Okay. Hopefully it doesn't really slow down the entire process.
There are certain films that are originally made for/by a TV network. They are called Television film or more widely just TV movie (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_film).
IMDB displays the info, if the movie is a TV movie, along with release date on the movie's title page:

Can you make the built-in IMDB scraper scrape this information?
I think it can be added just as another genre (as an option), then those films could be easily filtered using genre filter.
Should be possible. Will investigate and let you know.
@tars

Will be in the next release.
Great! Thank you!
When playing a movie, MC always pops up "Creating m3u file..." message. Is there a way to stop this?
Yep, I can probably put that message on the status bar instead.
Yes, that would work better.
Done. Took a bit longer, but found duplicate code so took the time to refactor some routines.
Hi

This is a great tool, but I have a couple of questions.

1. I have a NAS with a manual folder structure - the NFO and art scrape fine but the set assignments are rather annoying. Is there a way to get it to treat the parent folder as a new collection if there are lots of films in that folder, e.g. Mycustomset\Film1\Film1.nfo, Mycustomset\Film2\Film2.nfo

2. Can it rename the .nfo to match the film name? (I'm not sure if this is at all important, but I like to keep things tidy).

Thanks