Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-06-19, 17:58)tars Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed sometimes clicking on an item in movie list has no effect and requires another click on the title to select it.
So looked into what's going on and it seems it's tooltip box that interferes with clicking.
If you move the mouse from top to bottom over the list, the tooltip box gets drawn too closely to the mouse pointer, often getting overlapped with it leaving the mouse pointer over tooltip box.
If you move the mouse from bottom to top, this doesn't happen that often because the tooltip box gets drawn below the item, but still too close.

I don't use that movie tooltip myself, but I understand what your saying. I'll see about kicking to out further from the position of the mouse pointer posiiton.
(2016-06-19, 19:10)Romek_original Wrote: [ -> ]I use some custom Genres like Dark Fantasy, Epic, Epic Fantasy etc.

When i change Maximum Number of Genres to: None than it deletes all genres and field is empty. I understand why. But would it be possible to make an option to not delete my old genres and just add new genres to my genres, when there are others in scraper?

Or just an Option to scrape everything but ignore genre?

This would be really nice

So it's deleting existing genre's when you set to None. Damn, that shouldn't be happening.
Will sort this before the next release.
(2016-06-19, 20:25)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-19, 17:58)tars Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed sometimes clicking on an item in movie list has no effect and requires another click on the title to select it.
So looked into what's going on and it seems it's tooltip box that interferes with clicking.
If you move the mouse from top to bottom over the list, the tooltip box gets drawn too closely to the mouse pointer, often getting overlapped with it leaving the mouse pointer over tooltip box.
If you move the mouse from bottom to top, this doesn't happen that often because the tooltip box gets drawn below the item, but still too close.

I don't use that movie tooltip myself, but I understand what your saying. I'll see about kicking to out further from the position of the mouse pointer posiiton.

No, I don't use the "movie table tool tip" either. I'm referring to tooltip that appears only for long-title movies when title is cut off.
Is there (meanwhile) a way to keep movies / series being on external USB drives not plugged in (at the moment) in the data base / MediaCompanion?
(2016-06-19, 20:35)tars Wrote: [ -> ]

No, I don't use the "movie table tool tip" either. I'm referring to tooltip that appears only for long-title movies when title is cut off.
OK, that's different. Will have a play with titles, see what's going on.
(2016-06-19, 20:44)Dirki Wrote: [ -> ]Is there (meanwhile) a way to keep movies / series being on external USB drives not plugged in (at the moment) in the data base / MediaCompanion?

Sorry @Dirki

Still not planning to add this option. I have some idea's, but nothing that is about to happen.,
(2016-06-19, 20:35)tars Wrote: [ -> ]

Further investigation and the only option is to disable the ShowCellToolTip. This means if a movie title is truncated, no little pop-up box will be displayed with the full title.
Is this acceptable?

Sorry, no other option as this is coded by Micro$oft.
(2016-06-19, 20:26)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-19, 19:10)Romek_original Wrote: [ -> ]I use some custom Genres like Dark Fantasy, Epic, Epic Fantasy etc.

When i change Maximum Number of Genres to: None than it deletes all genres and field is empty. I understand why. But would it be possible to make an option to not delete my old genres and just add new genres to my genres, when there are others in scraper?

So it's deleting existing genre's when you set to None. Damn, that shouldn't be happening.

I need more information. When does MC empty the genres? I can only see this happening on Batch Rescrape Wizard or Rescrape Specific -> Genre.

If you use the batch rescrape wizard and select Genre or Rescrape Specific Genre's then there is no way to save existing genre, as that is what those functions do. Rescrape the Genre's.

Otherwise, please let me know how to reproduce this issue.
(2016-06-20, 11:34)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Further investigation and the only option is to disable the ShowCellToolTip. This means if a movie title is truncated, no little pop-up box will be displayed with the full title.
Is this acceptable?

Sorry, no other option as this is coded by Micro$oft.

Never mind, then. I can handle it.
(2016-06-20, 11:50)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-19, 20:26)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

I need more information. When does MC empty the genres? I can only see this happening on Batch Rescrape Wizard or Rescrape Specific -> Genre.

If you use the batch rescrape wizard and select Genre or Rescrape Specific Genre's then there is no way to save existing genre, as that is what those functions do. Rescrape the Genre's.

Otherwise, please let me know how to reproduce this issue.

when i right click on a movie and choose rescrape all than it deletes all genres when i have genre number: none.
Quote: Still not planning to add this option. I have some idea's, but nothing that is about to happen.,
Alright, thank you.
(2016-06-20, 15:06)Romek_original Wrote: [ -> ]when i right click on a movie and choose rescrape all than it deletes all genres when i have genre number: none.

Um, hate to say it, but MC is working correctly then. Your asking MC to rescrape all data, and not to save any Genre's.

You need to use the Batch Rescrape Wizard, and select which fields you want rescraped. ie: make sure you do not select Genre to be rescraped.

As for custom genre's, MC has no way of knowing if these are custom or scraped from TMDb/IMDb, and won't know which ones to keep, and which to discard.
So, I decided to give MC a try and I'm loving it so far! Very fast, all the options, just loving it! I'm currently working on scraping my television shows and I've run into a snag. When scraping the show Mr. Robot, it seems to double up on the episodes. I assume it has to do with the way the names of the actual episode are: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...6757&lid=7

My naming scheme is as follows:
S01E01 - eps1.0_hellofriend.mov
Yes, I found Mr robot was a pain to scrape due to how the episode titles are.

What I did was named all episodes as only
SxxExx. (extension)
And let mediacompanion scrape and rename then.

Only then did that series complete scraping without issues.
(2016-06-22, 05:20)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I found Mr robot was a pain to scrape due to how the episode titles are.

What I did was named all episodes as only
SxxExx. (extension)
And let mediacompanion scrape and rename then.

Only then did that series complete scraping without issues.

Beautiful, thank you!