Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IMDb shows, if available, metascore on each movie's title page.

Can you make MC's built-in IMDb scraper scrape this score?

If that could be added, then I'd like to be able to (1) sort the movie list by the score, (2) see the score from the main browser (maybe over fanart image), and (3) export the score along with other supported tags.

Thanks for your consideration!
It's possible.....Maybe. But it will have to hold for a release as I have an issue I need to resolve.
(2016-07-11, 06:57)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible.....Maybe. But it will have to hold for a release as I have an issue I need to resolve.

Yep, I can wait. Thanks!
I just discovered a minor problem with the way Media Companion generates NFOs. Unless I'm missing an option somewhere, it doesn't add the actors to individual episode NFOs. That may sound minor, but let me explain. I have a playlist setup based off David Attenborough shows to help me sleep. It's great. I made a normal playlist with just a few of my favorite Planet Earth episodes, but I thought it'd be great to make a Random version with all the David Attenborough shows I have:

Planet Earth
Frozen Planet
Blue Planet
Life
Conquest of the Skies
Galapagos

So I made a smart playlist like this

Episodes

Actor is David Attenborough
Season is not 0
Random

And what's weird is Planet Earth and Galapagos get left out of the list. I tried reloading the list several times with 100 results to make sure it just wasn't bad luck. I even added TV Show is Planet Earth as a rule and it gets me no results.

What makes it weird is that if I change the Smart Playlist from Episodes to TV Shows THEN it's listed. I had no idea what was going on until I checked the NFOs. The series that DID work have the cast in each episode NFO, while Planet Earth and Galapagos didn't. I then remembered that I used Ember Media Manager to scrape some of my TV Shows. So I tried rescraping Planet Earth with Ember and lo and behold! It worked, the cast was added to the NFOs and Kodi would add those episodes to the playlist.

Just a heads up, unless I'm missing some kind of "include cast in episode NFO" option, it seems Smart Playlists won't work properly if you don't have the cast listed in each episode NFOs.
(2016-07-13, 19:36)Choppasmith Wrote: [ -> ]I just discovered a minor problem with the way Media Companion generates NFOs. Unless I'm missing an option somewhere, it doesn't add the actors to individual episode NFOs. That may sound minor, but let me explain. I have a playlist setup based off David Attenborough shows to help me sleep. It's great. I made a normal playlist with just a few of my favorite Planet Earth episodes, but I thought it'd be great to make a Random version with all the David Attenborough shows I have:

Planet Earth
Frozen Planet
Blue Planet
Life
Conquest of the Skies
Galapagos

So I made a smart playlist like this

Episodes

Actor is David Attenborough
Season is not 0
Random

And what's weird is Planet Earth and Galapagos get left out of the list. I tried reloading the list several times with 100 results to make sure it just wasn't bad luck. I even added TV Show is Planet Earth as a rule and it gets me no results.

What makes it weird is that if I change the Smart Playlist from Episodes to TV Shows THEN it's listed. I had no idea what was going on until I checked the NFOs. The series that DID work have the cast in each episode NFO, while Planet Earth and Galapagos didn't. I then remembered that I used Ember Media Manager to scrape some of my TV Shows. So I tried rescraping Planet Earth with Ember and lo and behold! It worked, the cast was added to the NFOs and Kodi would add those episodes to the playlist.

Just a heads up, unless I'm missing some kind of "include cast in episode NFO" option, it seems Smart Playlists won't work properly if you don't have the cast listed in each episode NFOs.

As the main actors are with the TV series, only guest actors are scraped with a TV Episode.
I believe it was decided in Media Companion's early days, not to duplicate this data.

It may be possible to add an option to store Series actors in the Episode nfos.
Rob,

I noticed today an issue with the write resolution as first tag setting. After a movie has been scraped, every time that I right click on it and rescrape something for it, like actors, or media tags, etc., the resolution gets written again to the tags, and you end up with multiple repeated tags.

Please let me know if you need additional information in order to track down the issue. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
He he he, that's funny.

OK, I'll get it fixed for the next release.
(2016-04-28, 14:09)tars Wrote: [ -> ]Found out copying filtered movies is already supported via "Export Selected Movies" context menu command. It copies not only movie file but all files with the same filname (nfo, external subtitles, and image files) as well, which is exactly what I wanted.

I've found this feature quite useful and have been using it extensively for reorganizing my collection. But the problem is its copying speed which is extremely slow. I first thought it might not be able to utilize USB 2.0/3.0 spec, but it seems more than that. When exporting to the same SSD driver and it's still painfully slow. Can you take a look at the code?
Can you support exporting votes tag? Tried "<<votes>>", but it's not working.
(2016-07-15, 05:56)tars Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-28, 14:09)tars Wrote: [ -> ]Found out copying filtered movies is already supported via "Export Selected Movies" context menu command. It copies not only movie file but all files with the same filname (nfo, external subtitles, and image files) as well, which is exactly what I wanted.

I've found this feature quite useful and have been using it extensively for reorganizing my collection. But the problem is its copying speed which is extremely slow. I first thought it might not be able to utilize USB 2.0/3.0 spec, but it seems more than that. When exporting to the same SSD driver and it's still painfully slow. Can you take a look at the code?

Looking at the code, it seems to do a byte by byte copy. But it is quick.
I exported a 1.5Gig movie in 15 seconds.

(2016-07-15, 07:08)tars Wrote: [ -> ]Can you support exporting votes tag? Tried "<<votes>>", but it's not working.

I'll look into the <<votes>> export soon.
(2016-07-15, 07:34)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at the code, it seems to do a byte by byte copy.

No wonder why it's taking ages. I usually move hundreds of gigabytes of movies between different external HDDs and it's taking too much time. Can you make it copy quicker?

Or supporting my previous request (quoted below) will allow to move files using a file manager outside of MC.

(2016-05-01, 03:44)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-01, 03:02)tars Wrote: [ -> ]Also as I requested earlier, please let me know the export template for the file list of selected movies (not just movie files but all files with the same filename) from movie filter panel.
Honestly, I do not know if the Export to Templates exports selected movies or all movies.
I'll check with the dev who coded this section.
Thought 1.5 gig in 15 seconds is pretty quick.
(2016-07-15, 09:00)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Thought 1.5 gig in 15 seconds is pretty quick.

OK. Do you want numbers?

Exporting 1.5 GB file between external HDDs (USB 3.0) takes 35 seconds. But if I copy it outside MC, it takes only 11 seconds. So I guess it's more than three times slower.
(2016-07-15, 09:10)tars Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-15, 09:00)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Thought 1.5 gig in 15 seconds is pretty quick.

OK. Do you want numbers?

Exporting 1.5 GB file between external HDDs (USB 3.0) takes 35 seconds. But if I copy it outside MC, it takes only 11 seconds. So I guess it's more than three times slower.

Be ware if your using Windows Copy, as this isn't true timing. Windows caches data and says its finished well before it actually does.
And yes, Windows copy is multithreaded, which does improve it's performance.

I use Teracopy to transfer files around, but I did some tests.

Tested 1.5G MKV. Window Copy
HDD to SSD 11 seconds, 123MB/s
SSD to USB3 HDD, 12 Seconds

TeraCopy (without crc check)
HDD to SSD 17 seconds, 79MB/s
SSD to USB3 HDD 18 seconds

Media Companion
HDD to SSD 17~18 seconds
SSD to HDD 17~18 seconds.

So I'm seeing about 64% slower than Windows.

I'm not inclined to touch that routine as it wasn't programmed by me, and it is working.

I suggest if your throwing around Hundreds of gigs of data, then it would be best to do it outside of Media Companion.

I've mentioned before, Media Companion is for scraping of metadata. That it can do certain functions like Export Movies, that is just a bonus.
Serious Data management should be done not from within Media Companion, because as you have shown, the performance isn't as good as other applications.
OK, never mind. I found a workaround to export the file list using a third-party app.