Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-08-01, 05:47)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]When you recommend small batches, 50 a day?

When I had to do my mates system, I set it up like this.
Made a new Temp Root folder. Cut all movies from main root folder into Temp root folder.
Made a Temp scrape folder.
Cut 20 movies from Temp Root to Temp Scrape folder.
MC was only pointing at the Temp Scrape folder.

Scraped movies.
Checked all present. Checked the General Filter for missing data, ie: plot, outline, rating, poster etc. (at this point, I only have the General filter enabled. Saves a bit of time)
(for my friend) Then Renamed Movies and Folders.
Finally, Cut all movies from Temp Scrape folder, and put them in the Main Root Movie Folder.
Repeat and rinse.....

This gives enough time between batches for IMDb and Google to ignore the web hits MC is doing.
Or, You can choose TheMovieDb scraper, and do batches of 50 at a time.

Why I did the above at 20 at a time, was to check for missing data in batches. It also served to teach my friend how to use Media Companion (he's bit tech handi-capped, hope he's not online....)

Once all your movies are done, there shouldn't be a need to touch them again with MC, but if you are using MC to manage current movies and new movies, then I also suggest the following.
In MC you can create profiles. The Default can be pointing at your Main Root Movie Folder(s).
Create a new profile, just for scanning in new Movies. Go to Preferences -> Profiles and Commands tab. Enter a name for the new profile.
Once you have more than one profile, a new menu appears beside Home Movies. You can switch between profiles from here.
Switch to the new profile created, and change its Movie Folder to a Temp Scrape folder (whatever you want to call it).
Then Scrape, check and when happy, Cut and paste it to the Main Movie folder.

Hope this is of help.
vbat99,

No luck with a small badge either.

Can you include IMDB Aspect Ratio in the batch update wizard? there is space under stars and to the right of title

Thanks
(2016-08-02, 04:27)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99,

No luck with a small badge either.

Can you include IMDB Aspect Ratio in the batch update wizard? there is space under stars and to the right of title

Thanks

Done.
New Release.

Media Companion 3.657b

This one has a few feature requests added, and a good lot of bug fixes.

New:
  • Movie - New scrape option if poster exists as <moviename>.jpg, use and rename to <moviename>-poster.jpg.
  • Movie - Get Aspect from IMDB option added to TMDb scraper.
  • Movie - Added DTS:X and Dolby Atmos detection and overlay icons. * NB You need to rescrape media tags on your TrueHD and DTS movies *
  • Movie - Add : Dolby Atmos detection and overlay icons.
  • Movie - Complete reorganization of Tags, including Tag Filter, Min & Max and Sort order. Tags stored in external file.
  • Movie - Addition of Metascore from IMDb. Click label 'Top 250' to toggle display between Top 250 and Metascore.
  • Movie - Get Metascore from IMDb added to XBMC TMDb scraper options. Added to Rescrape and Batch wizard.
  • Movie - Add to Batch Rescrape Wizard option IMDB Aspect Ratio.
  • MC - Include subtitle language in media overlay. Option to show all subtitle languages.
  • MC - Add multiselect to videosource list.
  • TV - Display Series Votes. Now Scrape votes and ratings from IMDb (fallback TVDb) for Series and Episodes.
Fixed:
  • MC - Correct issue of MC remaining resident after opening Media Companion Home Page.
  • Movie - Better catch in rare instance of failure to get stream details.
  • Movie - Improve retrieve a poster from IMDb.
  • Movie - IMDb scrape, first search omdbapi, then google, final fallback to IMDb itself.
  • Movie - Fix Insert resolution as first tag.
  • Movie - Fix multi mode edit and altering Tag box.
  • TV - Fix for msgbox remaining visible if crash in TV Selector tab.
  • TV - Fix Series Sort Title display if select Season.
  • TV - Catch crash if Batch rescrape and episodes were removed but MC not Refreshed.
  • TV - Refresh TV Folders location if multi-monitor, ensure displays on monitor of Splash Screen, and in front of splash screen...
  • TV - Honor option Series Actors to be copied to Episode actors.
  • TV - Fix IMDb Actor Role being truncated of last letter.
  • MC - Changed "XBMC Media Companion" to "Media Companion for XBMC\Kodi" where relevant.
  • MC - Updated mediainfo.dll and fixed mediainfo related DurationMillis & Bitrate functions

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.657b x86 & MC 3.657b x64

Revision History
vbat99

Was able to scrape all movies from IMDB without issues!!!!

A couple of minor issues:

1) Movie Preferences \ artwork

If movies in folders , save artwork as:

I can't select save as "fanart" and save as "posters" in this box. In scraper tab: Individual movie folder options: all movies are in folders is selected.

2) Common settings - display default subtitles - subtitles are shown in main browser regardless of setting

Thanks for all the hard work!!!
(2016-08-03, 00:57)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99

Was able to scrape all movies from IMDB without issues!!!!

Excellent news. Glad that part is now working as it should.

(2016-08-03, 00:57)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]A couple of minor issues:

1) Movie Preferences \ artwork

If movies in folders , save artwork as:

I can't select save as "fanart" and save as "posters" in this box. In scraper tab: Individual movie folder options: all movies are in folders is selected.

Hmmm, working for me. Selected All Movies are in Folders (allows Extrathumbs), then switch to Artwork tab, and was able select Save as 'Fanart.jpg', not '<moviename>-fanart.jpg' as well as the Poster option.
Before selecting movie are in folders (or Use foldernames), this option on Artwork tab was grey'd out.

(2016-08-03, 00:57)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]2) Common settings - display default subtitles - subtitles are shown in main browser regardless of setting

Thanks for all the hard work!!!

Ok, this description is a bit misleading. If you rest the mouse over that option, a Tipbox is shown.
Basically, this option states to only display the 'Default' subtitle language on the overlay of Fanart image.
If unselected, it will display all subtitle languages found for the selected movie (can run off screen if this is selected, so the option for 'Default' is enabled, um, er, by default.
(2016-08-03, 01:20)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, working for me. Selected All Movies are in Folders (allows Extrathumbs), then switch to Artwork tab, and was able select Save as 'Fanart.jpg', not '<moviename>-fanart.jpg' as well as the Poster option.
Before selecting movie are in folders (or Use foldernames), this option on Artwork tab was grey'd out.

Can't get this to work, I am using windows 7 64, not really important, everything scrapes correctly

(2016-08-03, 01:20)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, this description is a bit misleading. If you rest the mouse over that option, a Tipbox is shown.
Basically, this option states to only display the 'Default' subtitle language on the overlay of Fanart image.
If unselected, it will display all subtitle languages found for the selected movie (can run off screen if this is selected, so the option for 'Default' is enabled, um, er, by default.

All my movies have subtitles in English and Spanish....

If I leave both subtitle boxes unchecked, It displays Sublang-eng

If I select the first box, it displays sublang-eng, no sublang spa

If i select the second box, I get sublang eng and sublang spa
(2016-08-03, 02:16)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-03, 01:20)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, working for me. Selected All Movies are in Folders (allows Extrathumbs), then switch to Artwork tab, and was able select Save as 'Fanart.jpg', not '<moviename>-fanart.jpg' as well as the Poster option.

Can't get this to work, I am using windows 7 64, not really important, everything scrapes correctly
Check you do not have 'Basic Save' option selected, as this saves as Fanart.jpg and Poster.jpg by default.
(2016-08-03, 02:16)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-03, 01:20)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, this description is a bit misleading. If you rest the mouse over that option, a Tipbox is shown.

All my movies have subtitles in English and Spanish....

If I leave both subtitle boxes unchecked, It displays Sublang-eng

If I select the first box, it displays sublang-eng, no sublang spa

If i select the second box, I get sublang eng and sublang spa

Oops. Looks like I half did this. Added the options, forgot to add the logic in the procedure.
Fix in place for the next release.
Vbat99,

I do have basic save checked
(2016-08-03, 04:11)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Vbat99,

I do have basic save checked

So that should already give you "fanart.jpg" and "poster.jpg" named image files.
vbat99,

scraping movies using MC's IMDB scraper, autoscrape artwork: all 3 checked. General tab: poster tab, preselect loading from TMDb - checked.

So basically I want the poster to come from TMDb, yet it scrapes from fanart.tv

The movie I am referring to is The General (1926)
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/961-the...es/posters

What other option do I have if using MC's IMDB scraper, but want poster and possibly fanart from TMDb?
(2016-08-03, 04:51)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99,

scraping movies using MC's IMDB scraper, autoscrape artwork: all 3 checked. General tab: poster tab, preselect loading from TMDb - checked.

So basically I want the poster to come from TMDb, yet it scrapes from fanart.tv

The movie I am referring to is The General (1926)
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/961-the...es/posters

What other option do I have if using MC's IMDB scraper, but want poster and possibly fanart from TMDb?

Here we have the issue of clashing options.
By default, without the Fanart.TV option selected, MC will scrape data from IMDb, and then use the poster priority option on where to get the Poster from first.
If the first option fails, goes to second option. See Artwork tab, Movie Scraper Poster Priority.

But, you can select which fanart.TV artwork to scrape. Click the 'Select Art' button below the 'Download from Fanart.Tv for during autoscrape'. You can unselect Poster and Fanart from fanart.tv.
BTW, Fanart is always gotten from TMDb, not from IMDb.
Another question about Fanart...

If I scan using TMDB provided in Kodi, I get the first image in TMDb which I assume is based on votes (thumbs up)

If I scrape using MC's scraper, in some instances it scrapes the 2nd or 4th image, not the first, How is this decided?

You can try scraping A few good men and it scrapes the 4th image
(2016-08-03, 05:39)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Another question about Fanart...

If I scan using TMDB provided in Kodi, I get the first image in TMDb which I assume is based on votes (thumbs up)

If I scrape using MC's scraper, in some instances it scrapes the 2nd or 4th image, not the first, How is this decided?

You can try scraping A few good men and it scrapes the 4th image

These sort of queries are invaluable to me. Next release will have Fanart and Posters shown in order of highest votes.
Note:

Know issue, MC 3.657b scrapes only a single episode and finishes. Fix in place, new build will be available in 12 hours.