Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
vbat99,

So i used batch rescraper to scrape missing actors(scrap actors from TMDB instead of IMDB in scraper settings). The first 10-15 movies didn't find anything, but after the first 10, the rescraper started checking both TMDB and IMDB, and downloaded 25 actors from IMDB going forward for every movie.

Is there an easy way to delete all the images downloaded from IMDB? I have 2 images now for almost every actor

edit:
Deleted all the actors and rescraped, everything looks to be OK
Thanks
Vbat99,

I had the great idea to rescrape my entire collection from scratch, and it has taken about 3 hrs for 227 movies of 678. Is this normal behaviour?

I am scraping using TMDB
vbat99,

If I use imdb scraper, and select to only scrape one studio it works. But if i use TMDB scraper, and select one studio, it ends up scraping more than 1.
(2016-11-05, 23:39)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Vbat99,

I had the great idea to rescrape my entire collection from scratch, and it has taken about 3 hrs for 227 movies of 678. Is this normal behaviour?

I am scraping using TMDB

Wow, Ed.

I think something is amiss. I can scrape over 1000 movies in a lot less time than that. I use the IMDB scraper and my files are on an Unraid server. Just an fyi.
(2016-11-06, 04:33)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]

I am scraping using TMDB

Wow, Ed.

I think something is amiss. I can scrape over 1000 movies in a lot less time than that. I use the IMDB scraper and my files are on an Unraid server. Just an fyi.

I changed scraping to IMDB instead of TMDB and it is going very fast
(2016-11-05, 00:29)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, Rob.

Thanks for the latest release. I'm only having a problem with scraping movie set data to fill in the info for Display Collection overview. I've run the batch scraper numerous times and it's still missing a lot of sets.
Yeah, I need to get a large volume of Movie sets and scrape with older version of MC, and then test with the latest. I'm busy for the next couple of weeks, so this may or may not make the next release.
Quote:Hate to ask for another feature, but, any chance the next aired episode info/date can be added to the main screen with premiered, run time, etc. along with the tool tip. I know some people like tool tips, I'm not a big fan. I find them too distracting. I wouldn't mind seeing them gone altogether Tongue. Just me though Rofl.

Thanks, again for the latest and considering my asks.
Adding next air episode to main TV Browser screen is going to be difficult, not impossible, but difficult. And will also depend on if the data is there in Media Companion already, to display the next episode to air.
I noticed one glitch when I added to tooltip option to display next aired, as it is not showing on the preferences if you have already selected the option. So, to disable the option you would need to select it, then un-select it and click apply. Will get this fix done for the next release.
(2016-11-05, 01:32)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99,

So i used batch rescraper to scrape missing actors(scrap actors from TMDB instead of IMDB in scraper settings). The first 10-15 movies didn't find anything, but after the first 10, the rescraper started checking both TMDB and IMDB, and downloaded 25 actors from IMDB going forward for every movie.

Is there an easy way to delete all the images downloaded from IMDB? I have 2 images now for almost every actor

edit:
Thanks
So that's using IMDB scraper (MC's built in scraper) with option to get actors from TMDB instead.
Will test and find out what the heck is happening. I have an idea, but need to check the code. Also, are you saving to a .actors folder, or a central actors folder? If Central actors folder, what options have you selected for naming of the actor images?
As for easy way to delete actor images, sorry, not really.

I am scraping using TMDB
Doing the maths, thats about 47 seconds for each movie. Which depending on the options you have enabled sounds about right. I do need to do some tests, as I too feel that TMDb scraping is taking a lot longer than it use to. Very possible that the new Movie sets code is upsetting the balance here.

(2016-11-06, 02:05)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99,

If I use imdb scraper, and select to only scrape one studio it works. But if i use TMDB scraper, and select one studio, it ends up scraping more than 1.

That is a bug, that I will check and get fixed. Thanks for the heads-up.
vbat99,

I have downfall (2004) and MC scrapes Death in the Bunker instead. I can't get it to change to the correct movie, I have tried using the IMDB tab and TMDB by searching for the correct movie. Is there a step I am missing?

edit:
The issue was, that I was deleting the NFO before using the change movie option

All good now!
(2016-11-07, 02:15)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99,

I have downfall (2004) and MC scrapes Death in the Bunker instead. I can't get it to change to the correct movie, I have tried using the IMDB tab and TMDB by searching for the correct movie. Is there a step I am missing?

edit:
The issue was, that I was deleting the NFO before using the change movie option

All good now!

Yep, that'll do it. Best is just select movie, click change movie tab, TMDb (or IMDb) and type in the title.
I see why it got Death in the Bunker: The True Story of Hitler's Downfall, as it has the work Downfall in the title, and is the same year.
Sorry, this happens occasionally.
(2016-11-06, 23:50)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I need to get a large volume of Movie sets and scrape with older version of MC, and then test with the latest. I'm busy for the next couple of weeks, so this may or may not make the next release.
Quote:Hate to ask for another feature, but, any chance the next aired episode info/date can be added to the main screen with premiered, run time, etc. along with the tool tip. I know some people like tool tips, I'm not a big fan. I find them too distracting. I wouldn't mind seeing them gone altogether Tongue. Just me though Rofl.

Thanks, again for the latest and considering my asks.
Adding next air episode to main TV Browser screen is going to be difficult, not impossible, but difficult. And will also depend on if the data is there in Media Companion already, to display the next episode to air.
I noticed one glitch when I added to tooltip option to display next aired, as it is not showing on the preferences if you have already selected the option. So, to disable the option you would need to select it, then un-select it and click apply. Will get this fix done for the next release.

Unless you really feel up for a challenge, I wouldn't bother with the next aired. I thought if it's displayed in a tool-tip, it would be just moving where and how the data is displayed. Thanks for considering it though.
(2016-11-06, 23:59)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-05, 01:32)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99,

edit:
Thanks
So that's using IMDB scraper (MC's built in scraper) with option to get actors from TMDB instead.
Will test and find out what the heck is happening. I have an idea, but need to check the code. Also, are you saving to a .actors folder, or a central actors folder? If Central actors folder, what options have you selected for naming of the actor images?
As for easy way to delete actor images, sorry, not really.

Central folder for actors, I have enable save actor thumbs and save as actor_name extn
(2016-11-07, 16:15)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you really feel up for a challenge, I wouldn't bother with the next aired. I thought if it's displayed in a tool-tip, it would be just moving where and how the data is displayed. Thanks for considering it though.

Lets just say I need to change the whole layout of the TV Browser tab to accommodate Next Aired info. And to do that is a nightmare. If I try this, it'll be a back-burner feature request.

(2016-11-07, 18:53)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Central folder for actors, I have enable save actor thumbs and save as actor_name extn

I see, and what you are getting is two images of the actor, but each image file has a different number appended after the actor's name.
Somewhere, long time ago, it was requested to be able to differentiate between images from TheMovieDb and IMDb. To do this, added either the TMDb or IMDb actor's ID number after the actor's name.
Why, well, some users like their movie's to show IMDb actors image, but TV Shows and some other movies to show the TVDB or TMDb actors image.

I suppose I could add one more option, to exclude the actor's ID from the image filename. That would give greater control and allow all parties to be happy.
(2016-11-07, 23:00)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-07, 18:53)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Central folder for actors, I have enable save actor thumbs and save as actor_name extn
I see, and what you are getting is two images of the actor, but each image file has a different number appended after the actor's name.

Yes, exactly what happened.

I had a different theory of why it happened.

My original settings where to scrape everything from IMDB and scrape actors from TMDB, and if not available fallback to IMDB. The initial scrape of my entire collection (2 months ago) worked great with no issues.

I then tried to batch scrape actors to see if there were any new images without changing my settings. For some reason, it either ignored that I preferred actors from TMDB or didn't see that I already had the actors and ended up downloading from IMDB and that is how I ended up with duplicates.

I have now redone the scraping from scratch and selected TMDB as my scraper, with no fallback to IMDB if it could find actors.

I would not waste your time in adding a different option, at least for me, it is not worth it. Maybe time better spent would be to go over the batch scraping options to see where it pulls the data from. If it somehow checks what your global settings are before scraping.

thanks
(2016-11-08, 00:28)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-07, 23:00)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, exactly what happened.

I had a different theory of why it happened.

My original settings where to scrape everything from IMDB and scrape actors from TMDB, and if not available fallback to IMDB. The initial scrape of my entire collection (2 months ago) worked great with no issues.

I then tried to batch scrape actors to see if there were any new images without changing my settings. For some reason, it either ignored that I preferred actors from TMDB or didn't see that I already had the actors and ended up downloading from IMDB and that is how I ended up with duplicates.

I have now redone the scraping from scratch and selected TMDB as my scraper, with no fallback to IMDB if it could find actors.

I would not waste your time in adding a different option, at least for me, it is not worth it. Maybe time better spent would be to go over the batch scraping options to see where it pulls the data from. If it somehow checks what your global settings are before scraping.

thanks

Damn it! too late. Added the new option this morning...LOL At least with this option available, if fall-back from TMDb to IMDb, you won't get duplicates....but will mean clearing out local actors and rescraping.

What I might also do, is add the fall-back as an option. So if scraping IMDB movies, but actors from TMDB. If not TMDb actors, it won't fall back to IMDB....or will - depending on user choice.
I'll make this option enabled as default, as this is how it currently works.
vbat99,

I don't remember seeing this behavior before. Everytime I refresh, MC rescans every movie that has a part1, part2 in the name of the movie file. All my rips are mkv.