Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
vbat99,

Take a look at the title that is displayed next to save button and then compare to the list on the left.
http://imgur.com/a/rC14D

Name of the movie is: Y Tu Mamá También (2001)
(2016-11-11, 06:10)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99,

Take a look at the title that is displayed next to save button and then compare to the list on the left.
http://imgur.com/a/rC14D

Name of the movie is: Y Tu Mamá También (2001)

Yes, I know there is still issues with accented characters.
An issue I need to get back to.
Problem with accented characters is difficult to track and correct, as this is shown correctly to me.
http://imgur.com/a/7s2rm
(2016-11-14, 05:29)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Problem with accented characters is difficult to track and correct, as this is shown correctly to me.
http://imgur.com/a/7s2rm

In your image it is displayed as: Y Tu Mamá También (2001)

In my image it is displayed as: Y tu mamá también (2001)

Is there a setting I need to change to display uppercase for the first letter of each word?

If the name of the movie doesn't have an accented character, I do get uppercase on the first letter of each word
Movie Preferences -> General tab
select "Title Case Title and Sort Title"
V3666b The tags system appears broken, I don't know if it's just me. In the tags tab I have to re-populate tags from movies every time I select another movie, then when I add a tag to the movie and then save selected tab to movie, the tag disappears from the bottom box. Switching over to the main browser tab and looking at the tags box, the tag is shown for a few seconds and then disappears. Sorting movies by tags, the movie will show under the tag I added but after refreshing the movie goes and checking the nfo file shows no tags. I checked the movie preferences tab and unchecked the allow user tags box which didn't work. Checking the box again I tried entering a tag in tag box on the main browser tab which I assume is something fairly new as I never could enter anything before but it acts the same as before, showing for a few seconds and vanishing. I'm going to experiment with older versions and running a fresh install on another computer, see if the problem stays.

Edit: checked version 3664b and the tags work fine, checked a fresh copy 3666b on a differant pc, 32 and 64 bit and tags still wont save onto the movie.
(2016-11-15, 21:02)jasonjkay Wrote: [ -> ]V3666b The tags system appears broken, I don't know if it's just me. In the tags tab I have to re-populate tags from movies every time I select another movie, then when I add a tag to the movie and then save selected tab to movie, the tag disappears from the bottom box. Switching over to the main browser tab and looking at the tags box, the tag is shown for a few seconds and then disappears. Sorting movies by tags, the movie will show under the tag I added but after refreshing the movie goes and checking the nfo file shows no tags. I checked the movie preferences tab and unchecked the allow user tags box which didn't work. Checking the box again I tried entering a tag in tag box on the main browser tab which I assume is something fairly new as I never could enter anything before but it acts the same as before, showing for a few seconds and vanishing. I'm going to experiment with older versions and running a fresh install on another computer, see if the problem stays.

Edit: checked version 3664b and the tags work fine, checked a fresh copy 3666b on a differant pc, 32 and 64 bit and tags still wont save onto the movie.

Yes, I did a Typo, saving as <tags> instead of just <tag>

Will be fixed in the next release, including backwards checking for <tags> naming and correcting of any affected nfo's.
cool, thanks. Amazing program, saved me tons of time having all the info and artwork saved instead of re scraping it every time so I really appreciate all the work your doing..
New Release.

Media Companion 3.667b

Couple of new features, and bug fixes.

New:
  • MC - Add option to exclude ID appended to actor image filename if saving to Local actor path.
  • MC - Update to use Media Companion's own TMDB API Key.
  • Update mediainfo dll to version 0.7.90. XP users still need to keep a copy of Mediainfo.dll 0.7.81 for their use with Media Companion.
  • Movie - Make fallback of actor sources optional, default is to fallback.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix max studios when scraping from TMDb.
  • Movie - on Rescrape of Collection info, remove from Custom Sets if TMDB Set was scraped.
  • Movie - Fix Typo saving of tags instead of tag node name.
  • Movie - Fix issue renaming of files, creating .nfo.nfo files.
  • Preferences - Fix option not displaying on load of preferences.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.667b x86 & MC 3.667b x64

Revision History
Hi, Rob.
MC - Add option to exclude ID appended to actor image filename if saving to Local actor path. Does this only apply for movies? Still getting the ID for TV actors. Ta.
Quote:MC - Add option to exclude ID appended to actor image filename if saving to Local actor path.

If I have a centralized actors folder, wouldn't this cause an issue if 2 actors have the same name?
(2016-11-18, 20:22)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:MC - Add option to exclude ID appended to actor image filename if saving to Local actor path.

If I have a centralized actors folder, wouldn't this cause an issue if 2 actors have the same name?

I was thinking the same thing. Actually, I not sure I understand the point of dropping the IDHuh Looks prettier?
Hi, I think there is a new bug.
I am running the latest beta version of Kodi, and did a library export (updating the individual nfo's). Now MC cant read back the ratings and votes... these two fields are now blank. The nfo itself does contain this info (albeit the votes are missing the thousands separator).

Thanks.

-----
edit: the Premiere field is also blank
Feature request: to be able to select multiple items under "rescrape specific" to be done at one time.
For example, I need to rescrape the votes for all movies, but also the Top250 (as it has probably changed).
(2016-11-19, 15:41)echo Wrote: [ -> ]Feature request: to be able to select multiple items under "rescrape specific" to be done at one time.
For example, I need to rescrape the votes for all movies, but also the Top250 (as it has probably changed).

Did you try batch scrape?