Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Op updated with link to your Alpha. I'll update the main MC page later today.
(2013-01-22, 03:44)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Op updated with link to your Alpha. I'll update the main MC page later today.

I wouldn't update main page yet, keep this thread for the alpha until it's ready and at least beta Smile

Thanks by the way
well im on it again Smile soon we shall have "full" frodo support Smile

<episodename>-thumb.jpg now working Smile
Tried this this morning with the following observations...
Loaded a folder with 10 movies scraped fine...had to restart MC to get movies to show in file list.
Seems default sort order is Z-A
Chose Frodo onward and still got (movie).tbn file, no jpg.

These may just be me, but, I thought I'd post anyway. Appreciate the work on this project...was always my favorite!
(2013-01-22, 17:32)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Tried this this morning with the following observations...
Loaded a folder with 10 movies scraped fine...had to restart MC to get movies to show in file list.

These may just be me, but, I thought I'd post anyway. Appreciate the work on this project...was always my favorite!

no movie support YET, clearly mentioned in first post TV SHOW's but thanks for the report anyway.

Im not sure if some one else is working on movie support or not but i might have a look at it any way...

as for the default sort order being Z-A no idea why... not used it for movies at all nor have i changed anything for movies, is it like that on official build? maybe i accidently changed something?
also if possible can some 1 link me the frodo artwork structure for movies, i would look but i think your would prefer if i continue coding and fixing bugs Smile
(2013-01-22, 17:33)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-22, 17:32)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Tried this this morning with the following observations...

no movie support YET, clearly mentioned in first post TV SHOW's but thanks for the report anyway.

Im not sure if some one else is working on movie support or not but i might have a look at it any way...

as for the default sort order being Z-A no idea why... not used it for movies at all nor have i changed anything for movies, is it like that on official build? maybe i accidently changed something?

Sorry, should have seen that. I'll just watch and wait.Wink Thanks for your work!
(2013-01-22, 17:36)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-22, 17:33)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry, should have seen that. I'll just watch and wait.Wink Thanks for your work!

no problem Smile im working on it so it shouldn't be to long now Smile although it could be a bit buggy first off just like everything new is.
Two issues with movie scraping (which I assume is currently under development?):

One - choosing the XBMC scraper in settings didn't work. The app would scan the whole library, and then on reaching the last item, would error out and go back to the main page.

Two - Scraping movies based on folder names is - for lack of a better word - abysmal. I hate to be the person complaining, and I understand that it is under development, but out of 800+ movies, (in folders, with each folder named the movie title and some movie title plus (year)) I had *maybe* a 20 percent success rate. Not only were the guesses wrong, but they weren't even close. I'm not sure what's throwing it off so badly, but I spent the better part of six hours yesterday manually picking each movie from IMDB by hand. The really odd part is that when you pick the "change movie" dialogue, 99% of the time it searched for the proper movie and had the first result as the correct one.

The interface is awesome and the features are very nice, and if these two were a bit more reliable, I'd be happy to use this on a regular basis.

If there's any info I can provide as to what's going on, I'd be happy to.
(2013-01-22, 18:15)digitalhigh Wrote: [ -> ]Two issues with movie scraping (which I assume is currently under development?):

One - choosing the XBMC scraper in settings didn't work. The app would scan the whole library, and then on reaching the last item, would error out and go back to the main page.

Two - Scraping movies based on folder names is - for lack of a better word - abysmal. I hate to be the person complaining, and I understand that it is under development, but out of 800+ movies, (in folders, with each folder named the movie title and some movie title plus (year)) I had *maybe* a 20 percent success rate. Not only were the guesses wrong, but they weren't even close. I'm not sure what's throwing it off so badly, but I spent the better part of six hours yesterday manually picking each movie from IMDB by hand. The really odd part is that when you pick the "change movie" dialogue, 99% of the time it searched for the proper movie and had the first result as the correct one.

The interface is awesome and the features are very nice, and if these two were a bit more reliable, I'd be happy to use this on a regular basis.

Firstly i should ask, what version are you using? the official stable? beta? or my alpha?

Do other media managers have the issue with your movies?
Movie scraping isn't completed yet. Another developer has started with making the nfo file Frodo compatible, but he's having a holiday this week. I would be hesitant to start Movies till AnotherPhil's return, or atleast the merging of your alpha code into main code base.
(2013-01-22, 18:18)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-22, 18:15)digitalhigh Wrote: [ -> ]Two issues with movie scraping (which I assume is currently under development?):

Firstly i should ask, what version are you using? the official stable? beta? or my alpha?

I am using version 3.5.2.1. I haven't used another manager in a while now, but in the past, I've used ember and UMX with absolutely no issues - and my library formatting is very standardized. Every movie in it's own subfolder, subfolder with as close to exact moviename as windows paths will allow, only additional text is in the occurrence of reboot movies with the same title but different years. - multiparts use (CD1, CD2, etc.) As I was trying to start from scratch, I also deleted all the .nfo files for every movie before scanning the folder.

(2013-01-22, 19:28)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Movie scraping isn't completed yet. Another developer has started with making the nfo file Frodo compatible, but he's having a holiday this week. I would be hesitant to start Movies till AnotherPhil's return, or atleast the merging of your alpha code into main code base.

well currently im working on -thumb.jpg (completed) and the TV Shows > Poster Tab > Banners/Posters/All Seasons/Specials/Season XX

making good progress
(2013-01-22, 19:29)digitalhigh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-22, 18:18)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]

I am using version 3.5.2.1. I haven't used another manager in a while now, but in the past, I've used ember and UMX with absolutely no issues - and my library formatting is very standardized. Every movie in it's own subfolder, subfolder with as close to exact moviename as windows paths will allow, only additional text is in the occurrence of reboot movies with the same title but different years. - multiparts use (CD1, CD2, etc.) As I was trying to start from scratch, I also deleted all the .nfo files for every movie before scanning the folder.
Sorry i don't know then, hopefully another developer can assist you Smile
I believe AnotherPhil was working with the scrapers, but not sure which. Maybe Huey can recall.

Great going. Did i recall you mentioned an idea for the "Both" option? Anyway. Breakfast time.
(2013-01-22, 19:43)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe AnotherPhil was working with the scrapers, but not sure which. Maybe Huey can recall.

Great going. Did i recall you mentioned an idea for the "Both" option? Anyway. Breakfast time.

umm yeah might have an idea for the "both" option, gonna finish this first though Smile some new commits were added on my fork if any one wants to see.
@digitalhigh: Any particular reason you want to use XBMC scrapers? This option was included for advanced users to be able to tweak the scraper files to their liking, and as such, are only supported by us to the extent that the scraped info gets imported into Media Companion OK.
Try using the native scraper that we do support by un-checking the XBMC Scraper option. Now this SHOULD be working properly, and if they are not, we need to know about it ASAP.
Your hit rate is terribly low, especially as you appear to organise your library meticulously, so it is a bit of a concern, particularly as vbat99 and myself worked hard at getting it sorted!
If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.