Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-02-11, 03:44)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Scroll bar between select posters and poster.

None for Movies. Can't scroll to bottom row.

Interesting, those scroll bars do not appear for me, What screen resolution are you running, or what DPI setting?
I think I can add the scroll bar to Movie poster tab with a little jiggling around.
win 10x64, 1920x1080, 55" display. A scroll bar would help a lot. Thanks!
Vbat99,

Question / possible request

I decided to update votes/ratings/top250 and it took about 4 hrs for ~700 movies.

Is it possible to add math to MC? create a condition that if number of votes didn't change by 1% to skip? same for ratings
(2017-02-11, 20:04)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Vbat99,

Question / possible request

I decided to update votes/ratings/top250 and it took about 4 hrs for ~700 movies.

Is it possible to add math to MC? create a condition that if number of votes didn't change by 1% to skip? same for ratings

Looking at the code, MC gets Votes and Ratings within milliseconds of each other.
Adding a conditional maths to not update Votes or Ratings would add some milliseconds, for no gain.

Currently there is some serious delays in return of data from IMDb which I will look into.
(2017-02-11, 17:14)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]win 10x64, 1920x1080, 55" display. A scroll bar would help a lot. Thanks!

It is done....for the next release.
Hello Rob,

I just wanted to confirm with you if you are getting IMDb information from omdbapi site, and if this is the case, could you add a setting in MC where you can put your own omdbapi URL? Given the problems they have had lately, they have set up temporarily a different URL for their patrons, who are helping (through Patreon) keep the api alive by providing monthly donations. Please let me know if this would be doable. Thanks for considering it.

Regards,

Bart
(2017-02-12, 17:20)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

I just wanted to confirm with you if you are getting IMDb information from omdbapi site, and if this is the case, could you add a setting in MC where you can put your own omdbapi URL? Given the problems they have had lately, they have set up temporarily a different URL for their patrons, who are helping (through Patreon) keep the api alive by providing monthly donations. Please let me know if this would be doable. Thanks for considering it.

Regards,

Bart

Gidday @bsoriano

Yes this is possible. I will add this for the next release.
Thanks, Rob!
(2017-02-06, 22:29)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-06, 17:41)kaczy44 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Is there any option to turn off episode thumbs downloading while scraping new episodes for tv shows ?

There wasn't, but the next release there will be.

Many thanks for adding this option, however it seems mc_com.exe ignores it and still downloading thumbs. Could you fix this please?
(2017-02-12, 20:40)kaczy44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-06, 22:29)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-06, 17:41)kaczy44 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Is there any option to turn off episode thumbs downloading while scraping new episodes for tv shows ?

There wasn't, but the next release there will be.

Many thanks for adding this option, however it seems mc_com.exe ignores it and still downloading thumbs. Could you fix this please?
Apologies, will be added to mc_com next release

Sent from my GT-I9100
Hi,

current version 3.6.7.1. 64bit reports "Error retreiving URL" problems during scanning resources (video music for me) in modal dialog box. It should be modeless dialog box or it should be logged to log frame in main window..
I am starting this process and calculate it will need 10 hours . I switch off display and check state after 5 hours and see this dialog and ony 1% finished instead of 50%!
Crazy. I has to look on display all time during 10 hours for closing modal dialog boxes.

Error 500.
URL: http://imvdb.com/api/v1/video/2399362642...popularity
(2017-02-14, 08:42)Tom00000 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

current version reports "Error retreiving URL" problems during scanning resources (video music for me) in modal dialog box. It should be modeless dialog box or it should be logged to log frame in main window..
I am starting this process and calculate it will need 10 hours . I switch off display and check state after 5 hours and see this dialog and ony 1% finished instead of 50%!
Crazy.

Error 500.
URL: http://imvdb.com/api/v1/video/2399362642...popularity

For some reason there is an error within IMVDB's database relating to Freddie Gibbs Pronto.
But, I have found that stupid messagebox and removed it. This will allow MC to continue scraping even if a music Video fails to be found.

Fix will be in the next release.
Thank you.

This app is the first this type of app I tried so far because of music videos support. Could you verify me :
I am scaning one database, MC will create and fill .nfo files in my store place. Next I will select second database and start scanning.
What will happend ?
All .nfo files will be deleted and MC will create new with info from new database. ( like sadly Kodi do )
MC will check only files/artists didnot find in the previous database.
MC will check all files and add additional information to existed .nfo files . I hope it will be. But what if app will find contradiction fe. in the .nfo is info abut rap and new database has info it is pop ... ? imvdb returns wrong information very often and next run database should overwrite data if it is different. (Imvdb often returns data of music tittle of different singer/band . Maybe MC be able to check artist name asked and received and ignore data if both are absolutely different ?)

My storage place shared for scan by MC is special created for use file layout readable for MC/Kodi - this is set of links. My process of creating/refreshing links and directories (including the one for Kodi) always deletes old structure on the disk in initial phase. I have to change it and do not delete files created by MC. I see MC creates .nfo and .jpg files. Is this both the only files I should not delete ?
(2017-02-14, 10:57)Tom00000 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you.

This app is the first this type of app I tried so far because of music videos support. Could you verify me :
I am scaning one database, MC will create and fill .nfo files in my store place. Next I will select second database and start scanning.
What will happend ?
All .nfo files will be deleted and MC will create new with info from new database. ( like sadly Kodi do )
MC will check only files/artists didnot find in the previous database.
MC will check all files and add additional information to existed .nfo files . I hope it will be. But what if app will find contradiction fe. in the .nfo is info abut rap and new database has info it is pop ... ? imvdb returns wrong information very often and next run database should overwrite data if it is different. (Imvdb often returns data of music tittle of different singer/band . Maybe MC be able to check artist name asked and received and ignore data if both are absolutely different ?)

My storage place shared for scan by MC is special created for use file layout readable for MC/Kodi - this is set of links. My process of creating/refreshing links and directories (including the one for Kodi) always deletes old structure on the disk in initial phase. I have to change it and do not delete files created by MC. I see MC creates .nfo and .jpg files. Is this both the only files I should not delete ?

HI.
I'm a little confused by what your asking, but please know that Music Video scraping in Media Companion is still in its infancy. There will be some bugs still that need to be found and fixed, like the messagebox that popped up when you were scraping. (That Messagebox has been in place for a very long time, this is the first time I've ever seen it).

Any nfo files created by Media Companion will stay with the video file if you change music video folders. They won't be deleted by MC.
If a nfo already exists, then MC will read this nfo. BUT. If the nfo is not valid, ie: not in the correct format for XBMC/Kodi, then it will be renamed from <filename>.nfo to <filename>.info

As MC is new at this section, if you have existing nfo files that have data, it is very possible that MC will rewrite the nfo as currently we do not know what data to keep from files created by other scrapers or by Kodi itself.
If you do have these nfo's, I would appreciate a copy of some so to make MC better. Zip a few up and upload to dropbox, google drive etc, and PM me a link.
Ok, I will make a test for small file set to check what MC will do with .nfo files in second scan after database change from imvdb to dbmusic ... I will write my own script to check if .nfo's file name is similar to the the name of artist and title inside the .nfo and if is not I will delete wrong .nfo .
I thought about extension problem and imagined ; my all files to delete are only links and this is solution. I am sorry for defining not needed question.

May be Media Companion is still in its infancy , but it works very stable and good from my point of view (I will not use it with others media sources). Very good work.