Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-04-18, 23:11)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

I am using MC 3.6.7.5 under Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit, and have the following issues:

1. When I click on "Movie Preferences" after MC starts, I get an error "Index was outside the bounds of the array". I have not found any workaround, so I cannot access the settings for movies. The same thing happens with "TV Preferences".

2. I have not been able to find a pattern for this, but in general, the "Refresh All" button for TV shows does not do anything. At other times, it does work. if I try the menu option "Refresh ALL TV Shows" from the TV Shows menu, I get the error dialog "Index was outside the bounds of the array. Continue?".

Please let me know what log or additional information you would require to investigate these, and thanks in advance for looking through these issues.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart

Was this an upgrade over an older Media Companion? If so, do you recall your previous version?
Is there anything more to the error message you are receiving?

If not, can you zip up your config.xml, moviecache.xml, moviesetcache.xml and PM me a link.

I haven't had any issue myself with upgrading, but then I do this always over the recent previous build. I am running Win 7 Pro x64, but have access to Win10 Pro x64 (in virtualbox) for testing. No errors in Win 10 for me, but it is only accessing test files.
(2017-04-19, 17:47)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]The Built in Kodi scarper misses half of my Music Sad

Media Manager nailed it !

WOW a 100% pefect scanned IN !!! All my music showed up on Kodi ! And is now playing Smile

One little hiccup probably my doing............ Some of the songs when you fast forward the Title of the song shows up in the upper left corner but some don't just a number.
I checked the NFO file and the artist and song title is missing what am I doing wrong ?

Hi Rickt1962

Glad Media Companion is sorting out your music videos. This is still rough, needs some more polishing and to be made prettier, but in the most it is working well.
As for nfo files missing the artist and song title, can you advise me on Folder structure and file names.
Currently MC checks for files in the root Music Video folder named as
Z:\MusicVideo\Abba - Dancing Queen.{extn}
or
Z:\MusicVideo\Abba\Dancing Queen.{extn}

If you are using track numbers in the filename, this could be causing an issue.
Let me know and I'll see what I can do to improve getting the Artist and Title from filename or Folder\filename.
(2017-04-19, 22:07)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

I am using MC 3.6.7.5 under Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit, and have the following issues:

1. When I click on "Movie Preferences" after MC starts, I get an error "Index was outside the bounds of the array". I have not found any workaround, so I cannot access the settings for movies. The same thing happens with "TV Preferences".

2. I have not been able to find a pattern for this, but in general, the "Refresh All" button for TV shows does not do anything. At other times, it does work. if I try the menu option "Refresh ALL TV Shows" from the TV Shows menu, I get the error dialog "Index was outside the bounds of the array. Continue?".

Please let me know what log or additional information you would require to investigate these, and thanks in advance for looking through these issues.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart

Was this an upgrade over an older Media Companion? If so, do you recall your previous version?

If not, can you zip up your config.xml, moviecache.xml, moviesetcache.xml and PM me a link.

I haven't had any issue myself with upgrading, but then I do this always over the recent previous build. I am running Win 7 Pro x64, but have access to Win10 Pro x64 (in virtualbox) for testing. No errors in Win 10 for me, but it is only accessing test files.

Rob,

My upgrade was over 3.7.6.4. I will PM you the link to the config files.

Regards,

Bart
hi guys is there a way to only download actors that have thumbnails? if no, is there a way to manually remove the ones that dont have thumbnails

thanks in advanced
(2017-04-25, 07:37)mata7 Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys is there a way to only download actors that have thumbnails? if no, is there a way to manually remove the ones that don't have thumbnails

thanks in advanced

This was discussed some years ago, as MC did just that. Only saved actors that has thumbnails.
But much debate to was decided to store all actors, thumbnail or not, as sooner or later a thumbnail would be uploaded for the actor and be associated in XBMC/Kodi database.

I could add the option back into Media Companion.
please can you add that option, at least like that we have choice

thank you very much
(2017-04-25, 08:23)mata7 Wrote: [ -> ]please can you add that option, at least like that we have choice

thank you very much

I Will add to the next release. I assume you'd want this to cover Movies and TV Series? So one option only required?
(2017-04-26, 03:23)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-25, 08:23)mata7 Wrote: [ -> ]please can you add that option, at least like that we have choice

thank you very much

I Will add to the next release. I assume you'd want this to cover Movies and TV Series? So one option only required?

I don't understand what this option will offer, can you please explain?

thanks
(2017-04-26, 03:33)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]

thank you very much

I don't understand what this option will offer, can you please explain?

thanks
It has been requested to only associate actors to a Movie, Tv Series, or Episode, that has a Thumbnail available.
This will not be the default function in MC, but a user selectable choice.
MC acted this way when I first started supporting, and I didn't like that many actors were excluded from being present in the nfo if there was no image available.
Personally I prefer to pay it forward, and upload an image to IMDb or TMDb if I can find one online.
But, I don't mind making this option available.

thank you very much

Yes please, and thank you very much
(2017-04-20, 16:21)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-19, 22:07)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart

Rob,

My upgrade was over 3.7.6.4. I will PM you the link to the config files.

Regards,

Bart

Rob,

Any progress on these issues? I am still having them. I am thinking of starting from scratch with 3.7.6.5. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
In general preferences\common settings\Exclude folders from scrape can a wildcard be used? For example right now "Extras" will ignore any folder named "Extras." Sometimes though I'll have a folder like Moviename.Extras.whatever. How do I get it to exclude any folder with the word 'Extras' in the folder name?
(2017-05-03, 16:16)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Rob,

Any progress on these issues? I am still having them. I am thinking of starting from scratch with 3.7.6.5. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart.

Apologies, I haven't followed up on this.

Testing with your files, and I am not getting the issue,
I do suggest extract a new MC3.675b, and set this up from fresh.

I'd really love to catch and fix this error, but since I can't reproduce, I am guessing as to what is causing the error, and where it is happening.

Rob
(2017-05-03, 21:11)XELOR Wrote: [ -> ]In general preferences\common settings\Exclude folders from scrape can a wildcard be used? For example right now "Extras" will ignore any folder named "Extras." Sometimes though I'll have a folder like Moviename.Extras.whatever. How do I get it to exclude any folder with the word 'Extras' in the folder name?

Hi XELOR

No we don't support wildcards with this reason in mind:
Excluding any folder that contains the word extra in the folder name, would skip scraping of any TV series or Movie with that word in the title.
eg: Extras (2005) - Tv
Extras: The Movie (2017) - movie
Extrasensory - movie.

So, exact folder names are required in the Exclude folder(s) from Scrape option.
(2017-05-04, 02:11)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-03, 16:16)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Rob,

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart.

Apologies, I haven't followed up on this.

Testing with your files, and I am not getting the issue,
I do suggest extract a new MC3.675b, and set this up from fresh.

I'd really love to catch and fix this error, but since I can't reproduce, I am guessing as to what is causing the error, and where it is happening.

Rob

Thanks Rob. I started from scratch today and I am not getting the errors. I will continue to test and report back any issues.

Regards,

Bart