Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-07-05, 05:23)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-05, 03:20)KidKiwi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-05, 02:17)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]What windows version are you on?

Sent from my GT-I9100 (typie typie)

XP (I hope to upgrade soon)

I did wonder.
Please check this issue on MediaCompanion site, and download the mediainfo.zip. Replace the 32 or 64bit dll in your version of Media Companion (depending on if your running 32 or 64 bit version of MC)

I replaced the dll as requested. This did NOT fix the issue. I notice that MC is saving the Runtime correctly (both scraped and input manually), but the "<durationinseconds>1</durationinseconds>" in the stream info returns only 1 sec - whereas in the past it added both fields. 3.655 worked perfectly. Is this field needed. It is only something that has been added recently (well in the last year perhaps). Thx for the input Smile
(2017-06-29, 00:38)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Another change to the TMDB scraper has knocked it out again.

I have found the issues and created another fix for this.
Download this file and extract the folders into Media Companion\Assets\Scrapers folder. TMDBScrapers.zip

Allow it to overwrite the files and folders in both
metadata.themoviedb.org
&
metadata.common.themoviedb.org

Thanks!!! Working like a charm now.

I have a question

....Is their add-on for subtitle scraper in the mix.
....my trailers seem to always scrape in very low quality. I have it set to 1080p from hd-trailers. Am I doing something wrong.
(2017-07-06, 02:38)artistwantab Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-29, 00:38)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Another change to the TMDB scraper has knocked it out again.

I have found the issues and created another fix for this.
Download this file and extract the folders into Media Companion\Assets\Scrapers folder. TMDBScrapers.zip

Allow it to overwrite the files and folders in both
metadata.themoviedb.org
&
metadata.common.themoviedb.org

Thanks!!! Working like a charm now.

I have a question

....Is their add-on for subtitle scraper in the mix.
....my trailers seem to always scrape in very low quality. I have it set to 1080p from hd-trailers. Am I doing something wrong.

Kodi's Scraper addon is programmed in Python. Adding Python support to Media Companion will triple MC's size for minimum benefit.... at this time.
It's still on the cards, but not soon.

As for Trailers, I downloaded some myself today, and instead of the movie trailer, I got a behinds the scene chat. I'll have to dig into this, but for now I need to concentrate on TVDB API V2 support.
This is a re-write of the TVDB scraper routines, and will see Media Companion separate from Kodi's scraper as it does not support Ver 2 of TVDb's APi.
Great.

I don't know if this is possible but would love an option that allows you to select the trailer you want similar to Fanart.

Another idea, is a re-scrape option for trailers. Say the trailer is 720p...the scraper then searches for a higher resolution option.
Hey There,

first of all I very much appreciate the work you do. Media companion is just awsome!

A small wish, would it be possible, to add an option for the movies-section, to just lock the movie and it's data? So that the movie stays in the database with all the previous data even if the file or folder has been moved or deleted and the database is refreshed?

Thanks a lot.

Kuddel
Is there any way to force MC to select the first likely match?

i have about 400 movies named title (year) format and 300+ didn't match correctly for whatever reason. i'm literally clicking change movie, first link, go, yes, repeat.

thanks very much.
Howdy good sir!! Just a quick question (I think I made a boo-boo somewhere, LOL):

Somehow I lost the IMDb number for a good portion of my TV Shows. Is there anyway I can have just the show rescraped to pull the id in? Batch Rescrape allows for updating IMDb number for epsiodes, but didn't see the option for TV Show. Will I need to go through manually selecting the correct TV Show for each one? I'm gonna have to, aren't I? :hangs head in defeat:
(2017-07-17, 18:27)RonnieG3 Wrote: [ -> ]Howdy good sir!! Just a quick question (I think I made a boo-boo somewhere, LOL):

Somehow I lost the IMDb number for a good portion of my TV Shows. Is there anyway I can have just the show rescraped to pull the id in? Batch Rescrape allows for updating IMDb number for epsiodes, but didn't see the option for TV Show. Will I need to go through manually selecting the correct TV Show for each one? I'm gonna have to, aren't I? :hangs head in defeat:

For TV Series info, select to batch rescrape the Premiered field.
The TV Batch Rescrape wizard is set to automatically apply the IMDb Id to the series if any Show tag is selected to be rescraped..
(2017-07-17, 16:59)goofballtech Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to force MC to select the first likely match?

i have about 400 movies named title (year) format and 300+ didn't match correctly for whatever reason. i'm literally clicking change movie, first link, go, yes, repeat.

thanks very much.

I am so sorry. There was an issue with scraping from IMDb where every 2nd movie fails.
The fix is in place, I really need to get a new release published.

I will endeavor to get this done in the next 6 hours.
(2017-07-17, 20:31)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-17, 18:27)RonnieG3 Wrote: [ -> ]Howdy good sir!! Just a quick question (I think I made a boo-boo somewhere, LOL):

For TV Series info, select to batch rescrape the Premiered field.
The TV Batch Rescrape wizard is set to automatically apply the IMDb Id to the series if any Show tag is selected to be rescraped..

AWESOME!!! Thank you!!
(2017-07-16, 00:05)kuddel Wrote: [ -> ]Hey There,

first of all I very much appreciate the work you do. Media companion is just awsome!

A small wish, would it be possible, to add an option for the movies-section, to just lock the movie and it's data? So that the movie stays in the database with all the previous data even if the file or folder has been moved or deleted and the database is refreshed?

Thanks a lot.

Kuddel

The function you are describing sound like your looking for an offline manager, listing movies even if they are not physically present.
This is not possible in Media Companion, as there is some information we do not store in the moviecache file, also we rely on loading the artwork located with the video file.
Meaning Fanart, Poster, and Actor images (as an example) would not be displayed as they can not be reached.

A similar request was made, and I investigated the possibility, but it became apparent that a good deal of code change would be required. And a high possibility of problems occurred.

For now, I have to say this won't be an option in Media Companion.
New Release.

Media Companion 3.677b

As visitors to Media Companions codeplex site may have noticed, Codeplex is closing down.
So, SourceForge has been chosen and till Codeplex closes, we will be updating both Codeplex and SourceForge pages.

I hope you will stick with us during this changeover. When we do shift, there will be notification here to redirect you to the new site.
Those interested, can look at: https://mediacompanion.sourceforge.io/index.html
Main SourceForge page is at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediacompanion/

New:
  • Movie - Allow scrape all movie set art from Fanart.Tv.
  • TV - add option to save basic episode nfo if episode not found on TVDb. (This will allow users to manually add data to episodes that are not on TVDb site.)

Fixed:
  • TV - Fix for rename if current and new episode names match but have different casing.
  • Movie - Update Kodi TMDb scraper due to API changes.
  • Movie - Fix IMDb scraping title.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.677b x86 & x64

Revision History
Hey there,

thank you for the reply - yes, I kinda was looking for an offline functionality, especially for an external drive.

But another wish, would it be possible to add the option to display the original movie name in the main browser? Maybe below the sort title?

Another nice thing would be an option, to automatically fill the sort tilte with the original name, independent of the language used.

THX in advance

Kuddel
(2017-07-18, 10:44)kuddel Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,

thank you for the reply - yes, I kinda was looking for an offline functionality, especially for an external drive.
I'll investigate, as I have a few ideas, but won't promise anything...
Quote:But another wish, would it be possible to add the option to display the original movie name in the main browser? Maybe below the sort title?

Another nice thing would be an option, to automatically fill the sort tilte with the original name, independent of the language used.

THX in advance

Kuddel

Both those options should be possible, will check how best to set this up.
(2017-07-17, 20:33)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]The fix is in place, I really need to get a new release published.

I will endeavor to get this done in the next 6 hours.

(2017-07-18, 06:12)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]New Release.

Media Companion 3.677b

Thanks very much! Seems to be trucking right along on the remaining ones now that i deleted all the mismatch.nfo files.