Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thank you very much
Hello Rob,

I have a query about the Movie filter "Subtitle Language" field. If I have suppose 100 movies in a folder and 50 out of them have English subtitles and 50 do not have any subtitles, then if we click on drop down MC  gives result as eng (50) and unassigned (50), which is correct.

While selecting on eng (50) MC gives proper result and the movies pop out. But when we select on unassigned (50), it does not show any movie. Is there anything can be done about it.

Thanks John.
Hello Rob,

Another query I have is regarding Movie poster Tab. TMdB posters are displayed with their resolution sizes but IMDB posters are displayed with a question mark (?) sign.

Couldn't be it possible for the IMDB posters to show their respective resolutions. Please see if something can be done about it.

Thanks John.
Hi vbat99,

I was wondering whether I could make a feature request? 
I'm looking to be able to lock a movie, just like how you can lock a TV show
(2018-01-26, 00:21)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-25, 23:32)mata7 Wrote: [ -> ]is anyone having problem wiht the tmdb, is really slow to display poster image or fanart images, i mean like really slow sometimes dont even display the image on the poster tab on the available posters, imdb work just fine, i will like to know if is only me

thanks

Yes, can confirm TMDb is extremely slow response at this time.

But I see Travis has made some image server changes, relating to image sizes. I'll need to investigate what is slowing it down.

Will keep this tread informed...but not today.

Checked MC's code, and we are using the correct resolution calls for the fanart and the poster.
Also noted today, that Fanart and Posters were loading 10 times faster than when you mentioned the issue and I confirmed it.

So, It had to be a TMDb server issue.
(2018-01-27, 06:32)john8546 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

I have a query about the Movie filter "Subtitle Language" field. If I have suppose 100 movies in a folder and 50 out of them have English subtitles and 50 do not have any subtitles, then if we click on drop down MC  gives result as eng (50) and unassigned (50), which is correct.

While selecting on eng (50) MC gives proper result and the movies pop out. But when we select on unassigned (50), it does not show any movie. Is there anything can be done about it.

Thanks John.
Looking at the code, if there is no Sub-Title Language then it list as UnAssigned (x) with x being quantity of movies that have no Sub-titles. This is slightly wrong.
Will see if I can rework this to be better worded, and to filter to movies with no subtitles.
(2018-01-27, 07:27)john8546 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

Another query I have is regarding Movie poster Tab. TMdB posters are displayed with their resolution sizes but IMDB posters are displayed with a question mark (?) sign.

Couldn't be it possible for the IMDB posters to show their respective resolutions. Please see if something can be done about it.

Thanks John.

TMDb gives us the Poster resolution before we download it.
IMDb doesn't. MC would need to work out the image width x height after download, which is not impossible. I'll see what I can do.
(2018-01-27, 09:49)MonSoon12 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi vbat99,

May be possible, but have to put on the back burner right now.
(2018-01-28, 00:33)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks John.

IMDb doesn't. MC would need to work out the image width x height after download, which is not impossible. I'll see what I can do.

Actually, it is impossible, as we only load the low-res images into the Poster tab from IMDb, and only load the Hi-res images if
1. Double click a poster
2. Download of poster to save a movie poster.

Sorry, not possible.
to me the tmdb is fast again, something fix it
(2018-01-28, 01:15)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-28, 00:33)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks John.

Actually, it is impossible, as we only load the low-res images into the Poster tab from IMDb, and only load the Hi-res images if
1. Double click a poster
2. Download of poster to save a movie poster.

Sorry, not possible. 
 Thanks Rob.
(2018-01-28, 00:24)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-27, 06:32)john8546 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

Thanks John.
Looking at the code, if there is no Sub-Title Language then it list as UnAssigned (x) with x being quantity of movies that have no Sub-titles. This is slightly wrong.
Will see if I can rework this to be better worded, and to filter to movies with no subtitles. 
Thanks Rob, if this is fixed it will a great help as most of my movie collection is foreign language (where Eng subs are must to watch them). The movie without a sub can be easily filtered if this works. Thanks again for a quick reply.
(2018-01-28, 00:34)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-27, 09:49)MonSoon12 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi vbat99,

May be possible, but have to put on the back burner right now.  
Okay thanks for the reply
(2017-12-18, 04:58)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-09, 10:57)kuddel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-18, 13:05)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll investigate, as I have a few ideas, but won't promise anything...

Both those options should be possible, will check how best to set this up.  

Any news on these wishes? Especially the sort tile automatically filled with the original movie title would be great. Any news on the "offline movie issue" would be most appreciated as well ;-)

thx for your helb with the TV-series issue with themovieDB, now works like a charm for me!

Kuddel 
Hi Kuddel

I did post an answer to this. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2652078
At this time, also showing original movie title is not possible. Insufficient space to display this.
As per my answer, if you hover the mouse over the movie title (left of Sort Title), you get a tooltip window showing the 'Original Title'.

I also just re-tested, using California Man (original title 'Encino Man'), and MC scraped this and set the title to 'Encino Man' as well as the Sort Title was set to 'Encino Man'
I believe Media Companion is doing as you are asking, except for displaying current and original title on the browser tab.

If your mileage is different, please list up some movie titles I can test with, and what results you are getting back.

Cheers 
Hey there,

It's been a while...

in the past days I checked the sort title: the problem is, if I enable IMDb - Where available scrape 'Original Title' instead of title ", MC puts the original title not only in the sort title but also uses it as the movie title. It doesn't matter what language you select in preferences. Just checked again with "10 things I Hate about you" (in German "10 Dinge die ich an Dir hasse"): Sort title gets original title, but, movie title changes as well, even the folder gets renamed to the original title.

Is there a possibility to explicitly order MC to fill the sort title with the original title, no matter if I use IMDB oder mymoviedb?