Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-01-28, 17:24)kuddel Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,

It's been a while...

in the past days I checked the sort title: the problem is, if I enable IMDb - Where available scrape 'Original Title' instead of title ", MC puts the original title not only in the sort title but also uses it as the movie title. It doesn't matter what language you select in preferences. Just checked again with "10 things I Hate about you" (in German "10 Dinge die ich an Dir hasse"): Sort title gets original title, but, movie title changes as well, even the folder gets renamed to the original title.

Is there a possibility to explicitly order MC to fill the sort title with the original title, no matter if I use IMDB oder mymoviedb?

There is no option to set Original title to fill Sort Title.
And if IMDb - Where available scrape 'Original Title' instead of title is selected then MC is doing as it should.

Please note, Sort Title is a user option, You can manually set this Sort Title to what every you want, but MC just sets it to match Title on scraping.
Are there any plans on adding "Tags" to the table column? I have nine movies of 1439 missing a tag and can't find an easy way to isolate them in MC.

You work is reaaaaaaaalllly appreciated. Thanks a bunch for what you've given us.
(2018-01-29, 05:17)ZaPHoN Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any plans on adding "Tags" to the table column? I have nine movies of 1439 missing a tag and can't find an easy way to isolate them in MC.

You work is reaaaaaaaalllly appreciated. Thanks a bunch for what you've given us.

I don't see any reason why I can't...(except for the table code is a big mess, and soooooo much fun to work on)...lol.

I'll work on getting it ready for the next release, hopefully before the end of this week.
(2018-01-27, 06:32)john8546 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

I have a query about the Movie filter "Subtitle Language" field. If I have suppose 100 movies in a folder and 50 out of them have English subtitles and 50 do not have any subtitles, then if we click on drop down MC gives result as eng (50) and unassigned (50), which is correct.

While selecting on eng (50) MC gives proper result and the movies pop out. But when we select on unassigned (50), it does not show any movie. Is there anything can be done about it.

Thanks John.

This will be fixed in the next release.
Instead of saying Unassigned (x) mc will show None (x)
And will filter the list to show movies with no subtitles.

Cheers.
(2018-01-29, 05:17)ZaPHoN Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any plans on adding "Tags" to the table column? I have nine movies of 1439 missing a tag and can't find an easy way to isolate them in MC.

Available for the next release. You will have to click the Select Columns button and make the movie tags column visible.

Cheers
(2018-01-29, 09:43)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-27, 06:32)john8546 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

I have a query about the Movie filter "Subtitle Language" field. If I have suppose 100 movies in a folder and 50 out of them have English subtitles and 50 do not have any subtitles, then if we click on drop down MC gives result as eng (50) and unassigned (50), which is correct.

While selecting on eng (50) MC gives proper result and the movies pop out. But when we select on unassigned (50), it does not show any movie. Is there anything can be done about it.

Thanks John.

This will be fixed in the next release.
Instead of saying Unassigned (x) mc will show None (x)
And will filter the list to show movies with no subtitles.

Cheers.  
Thanks a bunch Rob. Smile
Hello Rob,

using your fantastic piece of software an idea/wish came to my mind:
do you see a possibility to differentiate "real" duplicates from different versions of the same movie?
What I am looking for is a way, to exclude movies in different versions from the duplicate search (which is in fact an awesome feature!!!).

For example, if I am looking for duplicate movies in SD or HD quality, I do not want to see all director's cuts, unrated, extended, etc..
If you want to clean up a little bit, you might just focus on duplicates and keep different versions.

This could lead to a feature to be able to merge different movie versions, maybe something similar to the movie sets feature?

Good night from here and to you good morning, I think ;-)

Kuddel
(2018-01-29, 23:35)kuddel Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

using your fantastic piece of software an idea/wish came to my mind:
do you see a possibility to differentiate "real" duplicates from different versions of the same movie?
What I am looking for is a way, to exclude movies in different versions from the duplicate search (which is in fact an awesome feature!!!).

For example, if I am looking for duplicate movies in SD or HD quality, I do not want to see all director's cuts, unrated, extended, etc..
If you want to clean up a little bit, you might just focus on duplicates and keep different versions.

This could lead to a feature to be able to merge different movie versions, maybe something similar to the movie sets feature?

Good night from here and to you good morning, I think ;-)

Kuddel

Yeah, thats a lot more complex a function than you might expect.
Currently we use the IMDB or TMDb Id to identify duplicates, as MC has no way of knowing what is SD, HD, Directors Cut, Extended, Theatrical etc, except by the title.
I might be able to add an option to exclude showing Directors-Cut, extended etc in Duplicate search, as long at the movie titles conform to Separate Movie Identifyer entries as on Movie Preferences -> Advanced tab.

I'll have a think on it....

(2018-01-28, 17:24)kuddel Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a possibility to explicitly order MC to fill the sort title with the original title, no matter if I use IMDB oder mymoviedb?

Been thinking about this also, will mean another option to select, but is possible.
I do know that TMDb does support Original Title, so is possible to populate Sort Title with Original Title, leaving the Movie Title as per scraped data for selected language.

See what I can do.
thanx a lot for the fast reply,
but ... no hurry - just some thoughts...

your software is - as it is - simply a precious gift!
(2018-01-06, 08:52)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-05, 06:13)john8546 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

There seems to be some issue with the current version of MC. The "Missing Local Actors" in General filters are not getting Scrapped.

If I Re-Scarp Specific Actors , it's getting updated but after hitting refresh it shows  again.

Thanks John.

So Missing Local Actors filter shows movies that have actors images missing.
Are you sure there are images for these actors available against the specific movie?

If you pick a movie that gets listed when you select this filter, and then check on the TMDb site if all actors for selected movie, have images against them.
You'll probably find some actors do not have images. This is not un-common.   
Hello Rob,

I guess it’s not about the images available or not. The Missing Local Actors filter is acting strange.

If I check the option “scrape actors from TMDB instead of IMDB” with “Fallback to IMDB” selected, then re-scrape the movie for actors (even if some actors do not have the images in TMDB site), the movie is not listed in the Missing Local Actors filter.

But if I uncheck “scrape actors from TMDB instead of IMDB” with “Fallback to IMDB” selected (which is default setting of MC) and re-scrape it again for actors, then the movie pops out in the Missing Local Actors filter.

For Example I used Jigsaw (2017) where most of the actors do not have images in the IMDB as well as the TMDB site. I would always prefer the setting to scrap the actors from IMDB as it contains the detailed list of all the actors where as TMDB skips out some of the actors.

Please check it as most of my movies show now Missing Local Actors.

Thanks John.
(2018-01-31, 03:09)john8546 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

I guess it’s not about the images available or not. The Missing Local Actors filter is acting strange.

If I check the option “scrape actors from TMDB instead of IMDB” with “Fallback to IMDB” selected, then re-scrape the movie for actors (even if some actors do not have the images in TMDB site), the movie is not listed in the Missing Local Actors filter.

But if I uncheck “scrape actors from TMDB instead of IMDB” with “Fallback to IMDB” selected (which is default setting of MC) and re-scrape it again for actors, then the movie pops out in the Missing Local Actors filter.

For Example I used Jigsaw (2017) where most of the actors do not have images in the IMDB as well as the TMDB site. I would always prefer the setting to scrap the actors from IMDB as it contains the detailed list of all the actors where as TMDB skips out some of the actors.

Thanks John.

So I just tested, and Missing local actor was behaving weirdly. I found it was checking if a thumbnail url was in the movie's nfo. If not, then skip the check if the actors image was saved to the .actor folder (or central actor folder).
Removed that check, and Jigsaw appeared for scraping from TMDb and IMDb in the Missing Local Actors filter.
Good.

There was a glitch in the code. Fix in place for the next release.

Just to remind you, this filter will list movies that have one or more actor's Image not stored with the Movie.

Rob
(2018-01-29, 23:50)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, thats a lot more complex a function than you might expect.
Currently we use the IMDB or TMDb Id to identify duplicates, as MC has no way of knowing what is SD, HD, Directors Cut, Extended, Theatrical etc, except by the title.
I might be able to add an option to exclude showing Directors-Cut, extended etc in Duplicate search, as long at the movie titles conform to Separate Movie Identifyer entries as on Movie Preferences -> Advanced tab.

I'll have a think on it....

(2018-01-28, 17:24)kuddel Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a possibility to explicitly order MC to fill the sort title with the original title, no matter if I use IMDB oder mymoviedb?

Been thinking about this also, will mean another option to select, but is possible.
I do know that TMDb does support Original Title, so is possible to populate Sort Title with Original Title, leaving the Movie Title as per scraped data for selected language.

See what I can do.

(2018-01-30, 01:26)kuddel Wrote: [ -> ]thanx a lot for the fast reply,
but ... no hurry - just some thoughts...

your software is - as it is - simply a precious gift!

New option ready for the next release, set Original Title as Sort Title.
(2018-01-31, 04:58)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-31, 03:09)john8546 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

Thanks John.

So I just tested, and Missing local actor was behaving weirdly. I found it was checking if a thumbnail url was in the movie's nfo. If not, then skip the check if the actors image was saved to the .actor folder (or central actor folder).
Removed that check, and Jigsaw appeared for scraping from TMDb and IMDb in the Missing Local Actors filter.
Good.

There was a glitch in the code. Fix in place for the next release.

Just to remind you, this filter will list movies that have one or more actor's Image not stored with the Movie.

Rob 
Thanks a Bunch Rob.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.694b
Changed how/where Movie Actors are scraped from, please check Movie Preferences, and set your preferred Actor source. See Movie Preferences -> Scraper Tab, above Apply & close button.
There has been re-work of Movie Preferences hopefully for the better, including shifting of Naming/Renaming out of General tab to its own tab.
I felt the Preferences were getting a fair bit cluttered.

New:
  • MC - Change layout of some Movie Preferences, make more sensible.
  • MC - Moved user TMDB api field to Preferences > Common tab.
  • Movie - Rework Actor Source. Removed options from IMDB/TMDb scraper box, new Actor Source groupbox on Movie -> Scraper tab just above 'Apply & Close' button.
  • Movie - New option to not save nfo if Failed Scrape.
  • Movie - New option store Original Title in Sort Title field.
  • Movie - Table View, add Tags column.
  • Movie - Update Kodi TMDb scraper.
  • Movie - SubTitle filter, change Unassigned to None description and filter None correctly.

Fixed:
  • MC - Fix ExtraFanart from TMDb. (TV And Movie)
  • Movie - Change trailer button to get url and download trailer if showing 'Download Trailer'.
  • Movie - Fix Actors that have quotes instead of apostrophe around their AKA names.
  • Movie - Fix keywords from IMDb.
  • Movie - Fix 'Missing Local Actor' filter.
  • TV - If user not downloading season art, don't check and download when scraping episodes.
  • TV - Fix Batch rescrape episode TMDb Id's
  • TV - Fix progress message during episode scraping.
  • TV - Handle episode filename if extension duplicated in filename, ie 720p.mkvcage.br.mkv.
  • TV - Fix saving of series tags.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.694b x86 & x64

Revision History
WOW what a release!!! Thanks to you again for providing such a nice Software this time.
The Movie Preference settings tab now looks cool.

I have some issues with the Table column now. I have around 800 movies in a single folder. When I scroll down the Table Tab I get the error in the below image.

I have one more request regarding MC telling us whether a subtitle is present in the movie or not, if not user has the preference to download it from subscene.com as it does for the trailers.
I have seen a ticket open for it already.

When I click on Delete nfo and Artwork for a movie, it deletes the trailer as well which is downloaded by the user. Is it possible not to delete the trailer and delete all the other stuff like nfo, actors , fanart and poster except the trailer.

Thanks Rob , You Rock Again.