Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-02-07, 17:08)RonnieG3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-19, 01:56)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, seems MC's HD Trailer scraper is so old it doesn't work anymore. And the new Kodi scraper is a Video Add-on now and in python, so that can't be used.
Seems I am going to have to code a new method to get HD Trailers to give us the URL link. Also, the URL link is from Apple.
YAY.

This one will take some time to get working.

HD Trailers fixed in Media Companion from build 3.691b

(2018-02-07, 09:52)mata7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-04, 21:11)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Gidday @mata7

I've been asked this many times before. It is very complex, and I believe there are other apps available for Music library nfo scraping that are better than what I could cobble together. 

the only one i know is medialelf and i dont think it work well for music, anyways thanks take care 
MediaElch does a decent job with music
(2018-02-07, 18:14)mata7 Wrote: [ -> ]no the Version 2.4.2, at least my don't scrap music, and i read other people have the same problem

Music scraping hasn't been ruled out, but since MC development has dropped to one dev (me), and I have a few features still to work on, it will be down the track...
New Release.
Media Companion 3.695b
Few more bug found by users fixed, new Top250 filter in the Movie General Filter.

New:
  • Movie - Added to General Filter, 'In Top250' filter. Lists only users movies in the Top250.
  • TV - Browser tab style change.

Fixed:
  • Movie - If Delete movie nfo & artwork, do not delete trailer.
  • Movie - Fix scraping movie if external subs and no Language code in sub file name, set language to "und".
  • Movie - Fix Internal Subs and no Language set, set language to "und"
  • MC - Fix Genre pop-box not showing if genre not in list of genre's.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.695b x86 & x64

Revision History
(2018-02-08, 23:29)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-19, 01:56)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, seems MC's HD Trailer scraper is so old it doesn't work anymore. And the new Kodi scraper is a Video Add-on now and in python, so that can't be used.
Seems I am going to have to code a new method to get HD Trailers to give us the URL link. Also, the URL link is from Apple.
YAY.

This one will take some time to get working.

HD Trailers fixed in Media Companion from build 3.691b
(2018-02-07, 09:52)mata7 Wrote: [ -> ]the only one i know is medialelf and i dont think it work well for music, anyways thanks take care 
MediaElch does a decent job with music 
(2018-02-07, 18:14)mata7 Wrote: [ -> ]no the Version 2.4.2, at least my don't scrap music, and i read other people have the same problem

Music scraping hasn't been ruled out, but since MC development has dropped to one dev (me), and I have a few features still to work on, it will be down the track... 
great thanks, at least we got hope that good enough
vbat99,

when using rescrape specific, votes is not rescraping from imdb. version 3.6.9.3 did it correctly

edit: I also noticed that the latest version for movies, use TMDB xbmc scraper, scrape the following from IMDB is not working for votes and ratings, maybe more...

Thanks
(2018-02-10, 00:00)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99,

when using rescrape specific, votes is not rescraping from imdb. version 3.6.9.3 did it correctly

edit: I also noticed that the latest version for movies, use TMDB xbmc scraper, scrape the following from IMDB is not working for votes and ratings, maybe more...

Thanks

Ar yes, the updated TMDb scraper over-rides the votes and ratings.
As you know, the IMDb ratings with TMDb scraper, well, in MC, we can't get Kodi's scraper to get IMDb ratings, so we have to get it our own way. But, TMDb votes and ratings became the dominant values.
There is a fix in place for the next release, but I need to figure how best to handle votes/ratings from both sources at the same time, and how/which to display in Media Companion.

Fun, fun, fun!
Is there a way to get it to take a screenshot for movies if the files are mp4 or avi?
(2018-02-12, 18:35)ZaPHoN Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to get it to take a screenshot for movies if the files are mp4 or avi?

MC can do screenshot for Movie fanart for mp4 and avi files (avi depends on the codec, but ffmpeg is pretty good at covering all codecs). But, Screenshot for fanart is only available if there is no fanart to download from TheMoviedb site.
If TheMoviedb has fanart, then the screenshot option is not present.
Hello Rob,

Movie - add General Filter - Missing Video File. Will list all movie titles where a nfo exists, but the video file is not present with the nfo.

Missing Video File filter is not showing the movies even if there is nfo present.

To double check I moved the movie file to a different folder but MC does not pick that nfo in the missing video filter and it shows me zero results.

Thanks John.
(2018-02-12, 23:55)john8546 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

Movie - add General Filter - Missing Video File. Will list all movie titles where a nfo exists, but the video file is not present with the nfo.

Missing Video File filter is not showing the movies even if there is nfo present.

To double check I moved the movie file to a different folder but MC does not pick that nfo in the missing video filter and it shows me zero results.

Thanks John.

Just checked and working for me. Note, In Movie Preferences -> General tab, need to have selected Include Missing video Files when rebuilding cache
In MC, I picked a movie at random. r-click -> Open Folder. Changed the movie filename extension from .mkv to .orig.
in MC, Refresh All.
General Filter, scrolled to Missing Video file (1). clicked it and up popped the previously selected movie.
(2018-02-13, 02:14)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Just checked and working for me. Note, In Movie Preferences -> General tab, need to have selected Include Missing video Files when rebuilding cache
In MC, I picked a movie at random. r-click -> Open Folder. Changed the movie filename extension from .mkv to .orig.
in MC, Refresh All.
General Filter, scrolled to Missing Video file (1). clicked it and up popped the previously selected movie. 
Thanks Rob, I did not know, there is a trigger hidden inside the settings treasure box. Now it worked for me.
Can you please let me know what is the functionality of the sort title placed above the poster tab means. 

Thanks John.
(2018-02-13, 11:16)john8546 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Rob, I did not know, there is a trigger hidden inside the settings treasure box. Now it worked for me.
Can you please let me know what is the functionality of the sort title placed above the poster tab means. 

Thanks John.

Yes, I might add a check so if the option is not selected, Missing Video file (x) is not shown in the list.

As for the Sort Title, this is a over-ride for Kodi/XBMC. Kodi will show the Title, but list the movie in the Library by the Sort Title.
ie: If you have Avengers, BeetleJuice, Dead Pool in the library, if the Sort Title for Beetlejuice is something like My BeetleJuice, then the library shows as
Avengers, Dead Pool, BeetleJuice.
An example of why/when to use would be if you have Sets, and want to show the movies in a different order. Or If you want the movie to be sorted by Original Title (where MC has scraped the Original Title into the Sort Title field).

I suspect most people would never use this.
(2018-02-13, 23:35)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-13, 11:16)john8546 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Rob, I did not know, there is a trigger hidden inside the settings treasure box. Now it worked for me.

Thanks John.

Yes, I might add a check so if the option is not selected, Missing Video file (x) is not shown in the list.

As for the Sort Title, this is a over-ride for Kodi/XBMC. Kodi will show the Title, but list the movie in the Library by the Sort Title.
ie: If you have Avengers, BeetleJuice, Dead Pool in the library, if the Sort Title for Beetlejuice is something like My BeetleJuice, then the library shows as
Avengers, Dead Pool, BeetleJuice.
An example of why/when to use would be if you have Sets, and want to show the movies in a different order. Or If you want the movie to be sorted by Original Title (where MC has scraped the Original Title into the Sort Title field).

I suspect most people would never use this. 
Thanks Rob for the detailed info.
vbat99,

You asked in another post about the naming convention to scrape metacritics, rottentomatoes, etc.

Hope this helps:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2705223
(2018-02-19, 03:42)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99,

You asked in another post about the naming convention to scrape metacritics, rottentomatoes, etc.

Hope this helps:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2705223

Thanks for that info.

Next release will allow TMDb and IMDb ratings in the format as you linked to.
There was suppose to be a release last week, but SourceForge decided to move servers....and it took quite a bit more time than they expected.
I've just gotten access to the code again today.

Look out for the next release.
If and when you decide to do the same with metacritics, i wonder if the kodi database can manage 90 as a rating and not force metacritic to be displayed as 9.0