Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, Rob.  It's me again Big Grin .  Thanks for the latest.  Thought I would let you know what I found.  Still on the actors for tv...I think if show actors is set to TVDB and episodes to IMDB, the IMDB doesn't work.  Suffix is working great, thanks.  Still don't understand not using the suffix in Central folder Sleepy .  Seems to me different movie and tv images would overwrite each other causing tv actor image to show for movie or the other way around depending on scraping order.  No biggie, suffix works fine for my needs.

For movies, if using TMDB scraper outline is not being scraped.  Works fine if using IMDB. 

Using TMDB scraper, getting votes, rating and genres doesn't appear to be working.

Movie actor source set to TMDB.  Scraper is TMDB.  Rescrape a movie and this log pops up and deletes nfo:
* One Or more errors were detected during scraping. See below for details.   *
* To disable seeing this, turn off General Preferences -'Show log on error'. *

Scraping Title: Evil Dead
Using TMDB : 109428
Movie Body Scraped OK
HD Tags Added OK
Error - Running action [Actors scraper] threw [TMDb is unavailable!]

Hope these are not just me missing something.  Cheers.
(2018-08-22, 01:31)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-21, 16:57)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

I have an issue when MC is downloading extra artwork (extrafanart/extrathumbs).  When I do a "Rescrape All", MC gets stuck when getting "Extra Artwork".  I have the setting to get extra fanart from TMDb, and I even input my own TMDb API key.  I thought that the problem was getting extra artwork from fanart.tv, but once I turned off the setting to get extra fanart, MC does not get stuck anymore when doing "Rescrape All". 

Is this something you have seen before? What additional info would you like me to send you to investigate further? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

Been testing with ExtraFanart this morning, no issue. Though I am only using the api key within Media Companion. 
Rob,

I have narrowed down the issue.  If there is art present in the "extrafanart" and "extrathumbs" folder for a movie, MC hangs getting "Extra Artwork" when you do a "Rescrape All", even though it does download extrafanart and extrathumbs.  I have to kill MC, which cancels the operation, but removes the movie from the list, so I have to "Refresh" again for it to appear in the list again.  With the movie I tested, there were 4 extrafanart files (fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, etc.) in the "extrafanart" folder, and 4 extrathumbs present in the "extrathumbs" folder.

I have the setting "Don't overwrite existing artwork" on.

If there is no artwork in the "extrafanart" and "extrathumbs" folders for a movie, then MC does not hang getting "Extra Artwork" when you do a "Rescrape All". 

Hope this is useful and you can figure out what the issue is.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2018-08-22, 16:17)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, Rob.  It's me again Big Grin .  Thanks for the latest.  Thought I would let you know what I found.  Still on the actors for tv...I think if show actors is set to TVDB and episodes to IMDB, the IMDB doesn't work.  Suffix is working great, thanks.  Still don't understand not using the suffix in Central folder Sleepy .  Seems to me different movie and tv images would overwrite each other causing tv actor image to show for movie or the other way around depending on scraping order.  No biggie, suffix works fine for my needs.
If the actor image exists then it is not overwritted, specially for Central Actor folder.
And yes, TV and movie actor images would be slightly different, but usually your just looking for the actors face

IMDb actor images can be of anything. eg: press junket, red carpet, in character, etc. and can be any quality
TVDb actor images usually are from the Series, but can be just headshots. And are of low quality.
TMDb actor images are usually higher quality, neutral background.

As for episode actors from IMDb, I found and this this. Ready for the next release. But, be warned, There can be a lot of actors for episodes. Usually it lists main actors, guests etc.
While episode actor images are downloaded from IMDB and TMDb, they are not available for download from TVDb. (TVDb usually only lists guest actors against episodes, and do not have any links to the names, so can not download guest images).

Quote:For movies, if using TMDB scraper outline is not being scraped.  Works fine if using IMDB. 

Using TMDB scraper, getting votes, rating and genres doesn't appear to be working.

Movie actor source set to TMDB.  Scraper is TMDB.  Rescrape a movie and this log pops up and deletes nfo:
* One Or more errors were detected during scraping. See below for details.   *
* To disable seeing this, turn off General Preferences -'Show log on error'. *

Scraping Title: Evil Dead
Using TMDB : 109428
Movie Body Scraped OK
HD Tags Added OK
Error - Running action [Actors scraper] threw [TMDb is unavailable!]

Hope these are not just me missing something.  Cheers.

Tried this three times, with different actor settings (.actor folder, central folder, with and without id suffix.)

But fixed the issue of using TMDb scraper, and selected tags to retrieve from IMDb.
This fix is in place for the next release.

Thanks for the bug reports
(2018-08-22, 16:45)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-22, 01:31)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-21, 16:57)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

I have an issue when MC is downloading extra artwork (extrafanart/extrathumbs).  When I do a "Rescrape All", MC gets stuck when getting "Extra Artwork".  I have the setting to get extra fanart from TMDb, and I even input my own TMDb API key.  I thought that the problem was getting extra artwork from fanart.tv, but once I turned off the setting to get extra fanart, MC does not get stuck anymore when doing "Rescrape All". 

Is this something you have seen before? What additional info would you like me to send you to investigate further? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

Been testing with ExtraFanart this morning, no issue. Though I am only using the api key within Media Companion. 
Rob,

I have narrowed down the issue.  If there is art present in the "extrafanart" and "extrathumbs" folder for a movie, MC hangs getting "Extra Artwork" when you do a "Rescrape All", even though it does download extrafanart and extrathumbs.  I have to kill MC, which cancels the operation, but removes the movie from the list, so I have to "Refresh" again for it to appear in the list again.  With the movie I tested, there were 4 extrafanart files (fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, etc.) in the "extrafanart" folder, and 4 extrathumbs present in the "extrathumbs" folder.

If there is no artwork in the "extrafanart" and "extrathumbs" folders for a movie, then MC does not hang getting "Extra Artwork" when you do a "Rescrape All". 

Regards,

Bart

I see the loop that is happening. Will get this fixed for the next release.

Thanks for steps to reproduce. Made it very easy to locate the issue.
Glad I could help.  Some of those actor things I don't use.  Just thought I would point out what I found.  Next release gonna be ready in a few minutes? Rofl  Appreciate you.
(2018-08-22, 23:58)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-22, 16:45)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-22, 01:31)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Been testing with ExtraFanart this morning, no issue. Though I am only using the api key within Media Companion. 
Rob,

Regards,

Bart 

I see the loop that is happening. Will get this fixed for the next release.

Thanks for steps to reproduce. Made it very easy to locate the issue. 
 Thank you, Rob!
(2018-08-22, 23:58)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Glad I could help.  Some of those actor things I don't use.  Just thought I would point out what I found.  Next release gonna be ready in a few minutes? Rofl  Appreciate you.

Not in a few minutes, but probably in 12 hours...want to find and fix the tv list losing focus on the selected series.
(2018-08-23, 00:46)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-22, 23:58)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Glad I could help.  Some of those actor things I don't use.  Just thought I would point out what I found.  Next release gonna be ready in a few minutes? Rofl  Appreciate you.

Not in a few minutes, but probably in 12 hours...want to find and fix the tv list losing focus on the selected series. 
You know I was joking, right?  Smile Kinda making light of the perennial question "When will it be ready?"
(2018-08-23, 01:23)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-23, 00:46)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

You know I was joking, right?  Smile Kinda making light of the perennial question "When will it be ready?"

All good, got the joke, but wanted to let people know it won't be ages for the next release.

Cheers, and thanks again for the reports.
The latest version works better than ever! Great!

The following features, which was "broken" on my side before, are now running again (Paypal sends greetings):

- rating and votes for tvshows from imdb - great!

- rating and votes for movies from imdb - great!

- metascore from imdb: This feature was always broken on my side, now it's working - great!
I can now change the skin .xml's so that he gets the information from the .nfo's  and not from the internet in real time (SkinHelperService)

- folder size: This feature was also not functional on my side ever before, now it's working (have to do Batch rescrape Media Tags) - great!

- extrafanarts for tvshows from tvdb: I've requested that some days ago, the last scrapes were successful (although tvdb has now apparently assigned the fanarts to languages) will continue to watch.

- Media Tags (shown over fanart) are now more accurate than before - great!

I do not know if I forgot something I did not notice...
____

The "scraping experience" is currently more excellent thane before and there are just small bugs and little countable broken things.

- credits got the stapers (writers) with the batch rescrape, with "rescrape specific" and with "alternative movie edit" it is still only credits.
In kodi itself and the skins it is also sometimes confusing *gg*, where the terms "writer" and "author" (+mc credits) are used mixed, as well as "director" and "regisseur" is mixed.
After doing some research, the official kodi ListItemLabels are:
$INFO[ListItem.Director]
$INFO[ListItem.Writer]

- some movie export functions are broken

- in table view the movie set coloumn is broken

____

still continuing in testing...

thx

regards, chris
(2018-08-23, 01:27)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]The latest version works better than ever! Great!

The following features, which was "broken" on my side before, are now running again (Paypal sends greetings):
- rating and votes for tvshows from imdb - great!
- rating and votes for movies from imdb - great!
- metascore from imdb: This feature was always broken on my side, now it's working - great!
I can now change the skin .xml's so that he gets the information from the .nfo's  and not from the internet in real time (SkinHelperService)
- folder size: This feature was also not functional on my side ever before, now it's working (have to do Batch rescrape Media Tags) - great!
- extrafanarts for tvshows from tvdb: I've requested that some days ago, the last scrapes were successful (although tvdb has now apparently assigned the fanarts to languages) will continue to watch.
- Media Tags (shown over fanart) are now more accurate than before - great!

I do not know if I forgot something I did not notice...
____

The "scraping experience" is currently more excellent thane before and there are just small bugs and little countable broken things.

- credits got the stapers (writers) with the batch rescrape, with "rescrape specific" and with "alternative movie edit" it is still only credits.
In kodi itself and the skins it is also sometimes confusing *gg*, where the terms "writer" and "author" (+mc credits) are used mixed, as well as "director" and "regisseur" is mixed.
After doing some research, the official kodi ListItemLabels are:
$INFO[ListItem.Director]
$INFO[ListItem.Writer]
- some movie export functions are broken
- in table view the movie set coloumn is broken
____

still continuing in testing...

thx

regards, chris
Fixed the Credits to Writers on rescrape specific, and on Alt movie editor.
ExtraFanart still to be looked at...

Please post up a ticket as to what Export functions are broken
But I can not see any issue with Movie Sets on the Table View. Again, post up a ticket with images, steps to reproduce.

Thanks.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.716b

Another Bug Release

New:

Fixed:
  • MC - Fix display of mkvmerge path when added in preferences.
  • MC - Updated export tags for movies and TV.
  • Movie - Fix infinite loop if extrafanart/extrathumbs exists.
  • Movie - Fix get IMDb data if using TMDb scraper.
  • Movie - Fix outline retrieved from IMDb.
  • Movie - Rescrape specific, change Credits to Writers(Credits).
  • TV - Fix get episode actors from IMDb.
  • TV - Fix update of actor source buttons.
  • TV - Export html, add Series Title to episode nfo tag.
  • TV - Stop losing focus on series/season/episode if running some context commands.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.716b x86 & x64

Revision History
Link for newest slow to update?  Links to 15b.
(2018-08-25, 14:50)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Link for newest slow to update?  Links to 15b.

Sourceforge were doing maintenance yesterday, and I finally managed to get the 'Download' button updated to latest MC 3.716b x64 build.
Is there a way to disable MC scraping MPAA info.
There is a conflict with MC and Latt's MQ7 Mod version. The detailed mpaa icon does not show up cos MC scraps extra details that the skin doesnt like.
I can post more details after talking with Latt tonight, but for now, I'd like to disable MC scraping MPAA data. Is it possible? and where to find it?