Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-08-27, 23:41)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Rob, I don't believe artwork beef downloads any animated artwork.  I think it just handles existing animated artwork. Have a gander here:  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2752535

I am following that thread, and from another thread it seems animated artwork is being uploaded to
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215727
with rumors that there may be a site with API access comming soon.
ArtworkBeef can only handle and read them to kodi when there is already a animated art storaged and only if you set it to a custom arttype in AB
ScriptSkinHelper Service with the subaddon SkinHelper.EnableAnimatedPosters does the real job.
See SkinHelperService thread and on github
Anyone else having problems scraping from TVDB?
(2018-08-28, 05:32)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else having problems scraping from TVDB?

All seems to be working at my end.
(2018-08-28, 05:59)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-28, 05:32)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else having problems scraping from TVDB?

All seems to be working at my end. 
My bad...nothing that a MC restart didn't fix. Blush
Is it possible just to rescrape all the nfo and artwork for only the "Movie Sets", I am trying to centralize the movie set artwork into one common location, and then recatalog them into Kodi. I dont want to rescrape for the thousands of other movies located in the movie folder... but just the movie sets.
(2018-08-31, 08:28)MANswers Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible just to rescrape all the nfo and artwork for only the "Movie Sets", I am trying to centralize the movie set artwork into one common location, and then recatalog them into Kodi. I dont want to rescrape for the thousands of other movies located in the movie folder... but just the movie sets.

Yes.
Enable the Sets filter, and when you go to select which sets to show, uncheck the entry -None-
Only movies that are in sets will be displayed.
Then select all the movies and press F4 to bring up the batch wizard.
Select Download missing movieset artwork and only the artwork will be downloaded. Centrally if this is what you've selected.

Cheers
Actor filter

I've been trying the actor filter, but it doesn't seem to do anything.  Additionally, it seems to sort the entries for selection by appearances, and then by alphabet so it's difficult to find an actor based on name -- if you don't know how many appearances they have you have to search by  scrolingl from top to bottom of the actors list looking for the actor.

scott s.
(2018-09-01, 07:48)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]Actor filter

I've been trying the actor filter, but it doesn't seem to do anything.  Additionally, it seems to sort the entries for selection by appearances, and then by alphabet so it's difficult to find an actor based on name -- if you don't know how many appearances they have you have to search by  scrolingl from top to bottom of the actors list looking for the actor.

scott s.

In Movie Preferences -> General Tab, you can select filter Order to be by quantity of movies, or by A-Z of Actors Name.
Note, you may need to do a Refresh All to get the filter to rebuild with A-Z ordering.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.717b

Requested to add RottenTomato Rating/Votes to nfo from OMDBApi. NB. User must have their own API key for these options to be selected.

New:
  • MC - Add option to Common Preferences to get RottenTomato rating/votes from OMDBApi. NB. User must have their own API key for these options to be selected.
  • Movie - Add get RottenTomato ratings/votes to TMDb IMDb scraper options, and Batch rescrape Wizard.
  • Movie - Add KeyArt type from Fanart.tv.
  • TV - Add KeyArt type from Fanart.tv.

Fixed:
  • MC - Rating from IMDB fix to decimal point character. Code renaming.
  • MC - Fix votes conversion to interger.
  • Movie - Table view, if Movies nfo set name does not match the TMDB set name, now display in column '-(Setname does not match TMDB Collection)-'.
  • Movie - On any rescrape requiring TMDb, if movies does not have TMDb Id, assign it from TMDb.
  • Movie - Tweak rescrabe TMDb Set routine.
  • Movie - Refine rescrape specific options for TMDb Set data.
  • TV - Episode, fix rating stored in nfo for Kodi compatability.
  • TV - Fix central actors extension in nfo <thumb> tag missing.
  • TV - Fix search for series if has apostrophie in title.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.717b x86 & x64

Revision History
I am currently testing the new version and it works very well!

I especially love being able to write all available ratings in the nfo now.
Kodi supports all ratings completely native, I have now rewritten the skin so that the .nfo is used and not on SkinHelper live scraper.
It is still a bit provisional, but it shows nicely that it works very well on the .nfo.

That's what it looks like in a Top250 movie.
https://ibb.co/evVr0K
With a good movie
https://ibb.co/iTZZLK
For a "normal" movie
https://ibb.co/fgsX7z
In a bad movie
https://ibb.co/gFF27z
If no ratings are available (for e.g. youtube fan movies) I have instead of 0.0 to show a text output built.
https://ibb.co/hbwELK

The blue marks are still data on SkinHelper real-time scraper
The yellow markings are those that have now been taken over by the .nfo:
https://ibb.co/ijQc7z
The Skin loading the DialogVideoInfo.xml now much smoother and the traffic in the background is now much less.

Very nice!
_____

Regarding scraping and data, I have now made some samples:
With some movies no rotten entry in the .nfo created (because no entry exists online)
Sometimes, however, a .nfo entry was created with blank data
(<Value> 0.0 </ value> <votes> N / A </ votes>)
Most likely it is that then a rotten online entry exists, but still no ratings were submitted.

I also checked how the .nfo spellings are taken over by kodi.
If there is no data, or the data is empty, or "N / A" in the votes, it always seems to pass "0" or "0.0".

But I think it's a Kodi internal mistake I noticed:
The IMDB/TMDB ratings and votes always worked separately.
It was possible rating 6.0 with 0 votes as well as rating 0.0 with 1000 votes.

With rotten there are also some special cases like here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fi...n_Tomatoes
But with a movie with rating 0.0 with 1000 votes, it outputs 0 votes.
If, on the other hand, the movie has a rating of 0.1 with 1000 votes, then it correctly returns 0.1.
Otherwise, a rating 6.0 with 0 votes works.

I will try to contact the Team Kodi coder for this.

______

In a few releases in the future it would be may possible do the ratings and votes in MC more "manageable".

There are 4 sources that are available and that Kodi can read for movies.
In addition, to differentiate between Default rating and extra "DialogVideoInfo" ratings, i call it extra ratings

For example, to get all the ratings in the .nfo you have to experiment a bit. In order to get the TMDB ratings into the .nfo (not as a main rating, but as an extra rating) I first had to use TMDB as a main scraper, only then did I get an entry into the extra ratings, and only afterwards did I have to Scrap with IMDB scraper as default over it.

- Unification of the function and arrangement of the scrape rating and votes options in "Rescrape Specific" and "Batch Rescraper Wizard"
- both, put checkmark division rating votes "rottentomatoes, metacritic, imdb, tmdb" more clearly together.
- distinguishing what choosen as main ratings and extraratings, or also want some extra-ratings without scraping it as main rating first. for example i want tmdb ratings only in extraratings but not as main rating. Conversely, also will not get IMDB ratings in the extra ratings until scrape them for the first time as main rating.
- For movies that (for inexplicable reasons) still have no registered TMDB ID, will also have bad chances for tmdb ratings, maybe an option also in Batch Rescrape Wizard TMDB ID's that are missing to complete or in the TableView.

And... does the only scrape empty fields Batch Rescrape also with all rating and votes?
____

The default rating always includes the extra ratings "default =" true ">".
I almost believe that Kodi takes this data as a default rating, and the last, the main rating in .nfo (<rating> 6.4 </ rating> <votes> 217 </ votes>)
is just a copy for compatibility for old Kodi versions.
Is that possible?

____

It works great! Now I will take back a closer look at (for me annoying topic) movie set management.

Great Thanks!
Vbatt, the option to centrally store movie set artwork is working very well for me. I have been able to dump artwork for all my movie sets that are spread across various folders. However I have a request to make, can you include downloading of other artwork such as clearlogo, clearart, discart, landscape as well? Right now the movie sets are downloading only "Movie Collection-Poster" and "Movie Collection-Fanart"... can you include the option to download the other artworks for movie sets in the central folder for these type of artwork also? please?
"Movie Collection-clearlogo"
"Movie Collection-clearart"
"Movie Collection-discart"
"Movie Collection-landscape"

(2018-09-02, 07:07)MANswers Wrote: [ -> ]Vbatt, the option to centrally store movie set artwork is working very well for me. I have been able to dump artwork for all my movie sets that are spread across various folders. However I have a request to make, can you include downloading of other artwork such as clearlogo, clearart, discart, landscape as well? Right now the movie sets are downloading only "Movie Collection-Poster" and "Movie Collection-Fanart"... can you include the option to download the other artworks for movie sets in the central folder for these type of artwork also? please?
"Movie Collection-clearlogo"
"Movie Collection-clearart"
"Movie Collection-discart"
"Movie Collection-landscape"

I will look at adding this to the next release. Possibly with the options to store the artwork in Movie Collection folders within the Central folder.
This collection folder within the central folder is something ArtworkBeef is recommending, but not set in stone.
(2018-09-01, 22:50)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]I am currently testing the new version and it works very well!

Regarding scraping and data, I have now made some samples:
With some movies no rotten entry in the .nfo created (because no entry exists online)
Sometimes, however, a .nfo entry was created with blank data
(<Value> 0.0 </ value> <votes> N / A </ votes>)
Most likely it is that then a rotten online entry exists, but still no ratings were submitted.

I also checked how the .nfo spellings are taken over by kodi.
If there is no data, or the data is empty, or "N / A" in the votes, it always seems to pass "0" or "0.0".

But I think it's a Kodi internal mistake I noticed:
The IMDB/TMDB ratings and votes always worked separately.
It was possible rating 6.0 with 0 votes as well as rating 0.0 with 1000 votes.

With rotten there are also some special cases like here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fi...n_Tomatoes
But with a movie with rating 0.0 with 1000 votes, it outputs 0 votes.
If, on the other hand, the movie has a rating of 0.1 with 1000 votes, then it correctly returns 0.1.
Otherwise, a rating 6.0 with 0 votes works.

I will try to contact the Team Kodi coder for this.
Are you saying MC is scraping with 0.0 rating and N/A in Votes? and this is coming from RT?

Quote:In a few releases in the future it would be may possible do the ratings and votes in MC more "manageable".

There are 4 sources that are available and that Kodi can read for movies.
In addition, to differentiate between Default rating and extra "DialogVideoInfo" ratings, i call it extra ratings

For example, to get all the ratings in the .nfo you have to experiment a bit. In order to get the TMDB ratings into the .nfo (not as a main rating, but as an extra rating) I first had to use TMDB as a main scraper, only then did I get an entry into the extra ratings, and only afterwards did I have to Scrap with IMDB scraper as default over it.

- Unification of the function and arrangement of the scrape rating and votes options in "Rescrape Specific" and "Batch Rescraper Wizard"
- both, put checkmark division rating votes "rottentomatoes, metacritic, imdb, tmdb" more clearly together.
- distinguishing what choosen as main ratings and extraratings, or also want some extra-ratings without scraping it as main rating first. for example i want tmdb ratings only in extraratings but not as main rating. Conversely, also will not get IMDB ratings in the extra ratings until scrape them for the first time as main rating.
- For movies that (for inexplicable reasons) still have no registered TMDB ID, will also have bad chances for tmdb ratings, maybe an option also in Batch Rescrape Wizard TMDB ID's that are missing to complete or in the TableView.
It may be possible to add the option to get TMDb votes if using the IMDb scraper.

Quote:And... does the only scrape empty fields Batch Rescrape also with all rating and votes?
____

The default rating always includes the extra ratings "default =" true ">".
I almost believe that Kodi takes this data as a default rating, and the last, the main rating in .nfo (<rating> 6.4 </ rating> <votes> 217 </ votes>)
is just a copy for compatibility for old Kodi versions.
Is that possible?

If I recall correctly if TMDb scraper and get IMDb rating, them both TMDB and IMDb get scraped and IMDb is set to Primary( or default = 'True')

The other entries in the nfo for Rating and Votes is the value from the default source, and yes is for compatability.
I'll try and be brief Rolleyes.  Thanks for the latest release.  I think the idea of using individual movie folders in the sets central folder is the way to go.  Artwork Beef seems to be the driving force behind all that is art.  Still looking at TV renaming (I hope)?  Last thing and I really don't think it's a MC problem.  Quite often when exiting and then restarting, I get a MC is already running message.  I have to open task manager and close MC item in background processes.  Any idea what might be wrong on my end?  (Just looking for some ideas).  As always, thanks.