Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not adding a 1 after poster or fanart. There is no format or current suggestion on extra posters or fanart for collections.

I have yet to post in the discussion thread that these extra posters or fanart should be in sub folders as like extrafanart etc to keep format as currently for movies.

It will be able nightmare to code and support in external media managers!

Now, the apostrophe issues. Please give examples I can test with
Don't blame you for your stance on the naming convention.  Way too confusing.  I hope you know I wasn't asking for a change, but just pointing out some of the differences.

I don't know how many shows you want.  Episodes in Z Nation, Shooter, Salvation are some with the problem.  Do you need more or something more specific?
(2018-09-09, 04:24)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Now, the apostrophe issues. Please give examples I can test with
Possibly related to this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2763693
(2018-09-09, 05:40)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Don't blame you for your stance on the naming convention.  Way too confusing.  I hope you know I wasn't asking for a change, but just pointing out some of the differences.

I don't know how many shows you want.  Episodes in Z Nation, Shooter, Salvation are some with the problem.  Do you need more or something more specific?

Yeah, is it episode titles, or plots? Series title or series plot
What exactly are you seeing.
Just episode titles and some plots. 

Warren's Dream

...and the rest of our heroes either dead or fighting for their lives against unkillable "MAD-Z's" caused by an evolving Zombie Virus.

Need anything else?
@vbat99 ,

I think I found an issue with movie set artwork when the collection name has an & in it.  Yesterday I ran the batch rescrape wizard to update the tmdb set info and tmdb set name, as well as download missing tmdb set artwork.  I do have the movie set artwork in a central folder, and I enabled the MC option to have collection folders within this central folder.

The issue is that for all the movie sets that have a & in the name, MC created multiple folders, with the same artwork.  For example, for the "Wallace & Gromit Collection", MC created 3 folders:

S:\Movie Sets Artwork\Wallace & Gromit Collection

I have all 4 movies in this collection, and when I looked at the updated NFOs, each had the correct setid from tmdb (529), the correct set name "Wallace & Gromit Collection"

For all other sets that have an & in the name, MC also created multiple folders.  Any idea what might be happening here?

Thank you so much for your work on MC.

Regards,

Bart
(2018-09-09, 05:59)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-09, 04:24)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Now, the apostrophe issues. Please give examples I can test with
Possibly related to this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2763693

Thanks @Karellen
I didn't notice a thread had started, but did notice that TVDb had this issue with newer shows and their plots for the series and episodes. But older shows were Ok as of a week ago.
Catch this and correcting this should be TVDb concern ASAP, but it isn't difficult to cover the glitch in Media Companion.

Thanks.
(2018-09-09, 14:37)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Just episode titles and some plots. 

Warren's Dream

...and the rest of our heroes either dead or fighting for their lives against unkillable "MAD-Z's" caused by an evolving Zombie Virus.

Need anything else?

Interesting. Could be you've set MC to be using TVDB Api V1 still. Will get this corrected.
(2018-09-09, 18:34)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@vbat99 ,

I think I found an issue with movie set artwork when the collection name has an & in it.  Yesterday I ran the batch rescrape wizard to update the tmdb set info and tmdb set name, as well as download missing tmdb set artwork.  I do have the movie set artwork in a central folder, and I enabled the MC option to have collection folders within this central folder.

The issue is that for all the movie sets that have a & in the name, MC created multiple folders, with the same artwork.  For example, for the "Wallace & Gromit Collection", MC created 3 folders:

I have all 4 movies in this collection, and when I looked at the updated NFOs, each had the correct setid from tmdb (529), the correct set name "Wallace & Gromit Collection"

For all other sets that have an & in the name, MC also created multiple folders.  Any idea what might be happening here?

Thank you so much for your work on MC.

Regards,

Bart

Oh goodie, a new glitch. Will experiment and find out why this is happening.

Suppose I need to wrap the amperstand symbol in double quotes if found in a title.
(2018-09-09, 20:46)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Warren's Dream

Need anything else?

Interesting. Could be you've set MC to be using TVDB Api V1 still. Will get this corrected. 
Didn't notice, but, you are correct.  I had V1 selected.  V2 rescraped episodes and fixed the problem with episode titles but not plot. 

Am I remembering incorrectly?  Weren't we able to drag and drop folders into the list of root folders?
Yes, both TV and movie root folder list supports drag n drop.

TV series list also supports drag n drop of series folders (not root series folder).
(2018-09-09, 21:44)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-09, 20:46)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Warren's Dream

Need anything else?

Didn't notice, but, you are correct.  I had V1 selected.  V2 rescraped episodes and fixed the problem with episode titles but not plot. 

Am I remembering incorrectly?  Weren't we able to drag and drop folders into the list of root folders? 
 And how do you select v2?
(2018-09-09, 22:15)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-09, 21:44)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-09, 20:46)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. Could be you've set MC to be using TVDB Api V1 still. Will get this corrected.  

And how do you select v2?

In Tv Preferences, above the Apply button, uncheck Use TVDb api V1 to use V2 api.
NB, V2 api is still a work in progress at TVDb, but does return the latest data.
Not sure, but currently MC is not downloading all the artwork found on fanart tv for several movies sets, it definately is downloading the poster and the fanart, and does download a few artwork such as logos, discs etc here and there, but for several movies its not downloading the disc's and clearlogo even though they are present in fanart.tv movie set collections.

These are my settings...

What do i need to change or edit?
Is there a setting in 18 that could prevent drag and drop?  Doesn't work for me in 18 but does in 17.