Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-10-01, 00:20)adun79 Wrote: [ -> ]I just used the rescrape wizard on Forever (2014) , The Flash and Arrow with series actors from IMBd and the "role" fields in the nfo are empty. It also happened when I first added a series some while ago.

For the second one, I'm using MC TVDB v2. Right after rescrape, the only thing that you will notice is that the total number of episode in the library goes down by 1. The episode will still be in the list, but it will be gone after you restart MC.

IMDB Actor roles will be fixed in the next release out soon.

And I see what is happening with the episodes. The episode is being rescrape, but we first remove it from the database and Treeview, and it seems we do not add it back again after the rescrape is finished.
Doing a 'Refresh this show from nfo" will add the newly rescraped episode back into the Treeview and database.
This is next to be fixed, before the new release.

Quote:Another suggestion, but it's probably complicated: skip scraping the series actors when scraping episode actors from IMBd. I don't know which would be easier: check with the list of series actors as it scrapes and skip if it's on the list, or scrape and then eliminate those on the list. In the second case, it will probably need that option of different number of actors for series and episodes.

So your wanting to remove the series actors from the episode actors so as not to duplicate the data.
This seems logical, and should be the default function. Series main characters should be associated with the episodes as well. But maybe I can make this an optional possibility.
See if I have time to add this to MC before the next release.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.722b

A Few more Bug Fixes.

New:
  • TV - Option to remove series actors from episode actors during episode scraping.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix API access to TMDb.
  • TV - Fix IMDb Actor roles.
  • TV - Fix Episode rescrape disappearing from series.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.722b x86 & x64

Revision History
That was quick. It works, but there are two new bugs:

- multi-episode nfos result in only one episode, so there are episodes missing; refresh doesn't fix them; this is for old files, I haven't tried to delete and rescrape the episodes;

- the imdb scraper for episodes skips the actors for whom the role is plain text instead of a page link;

Also, the list of actors in an episodes comes up very short. It's because, if the number of actors is X, then almost all of the first X actors from an episode are series actors, so they get deleted. That's why I said it we needed different numbers of actors for series and episodes. It's not that big of a deal, though. A workaround is to scrape series actors, increase the number of TV actors and scrape the episodes actors.
(2018-10-01, 14:31)adun79 Wrote: [ -> ]That was quick. It works, but there are two new bugs:

- multi-episode nfos result in only one episode, so there are episodes missing; refresh doesn't fix them; this is for old files, I haven't tried to delete and rescrape the episodes;
Damn, didn't think of checking whether multi-episodes may be affected.
Will look into it.
Quote:- the imdb scraper for episodes skips the actors for whom the role is plain text instead of a page link;
Yes, we use the same routine for TV/Episodes as for Movies, and the cast layout is slightly different.
Will also investigate.
Quote:Also, the list of actors in an episodes comes up very short. It's because, if the number of actors is X, then almost all of the first X actors from an episode are series actors, so they get deleted. That's why I said it we needed different numbers of actors for series and episodes. It's not that big of a deal, though. A workaround is to scrape series actors, increase the number of TV actors and scrape the episodes actors.
I'll see what can be done here. Maybe remove the actor limit for episodes and add back after removal of series actors.
(2018-10-01, 19:37)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:- the imdb scraper for episodes skips the actors for whom the role is plain text instead of a page link;
Yes, we use the same routine for TV/Episodes as for Movies, and the cast layout is slightly different.
Will also investigate. 
 Episode actors scraping from IMDb worked as intended in the previous version, 3.721. The problem was that it didn't scrape the role for series actors.
Hey, Rob.
Something to check...when renaming a movie after a scrape, everything is renamed correctly except for keyart.  Keyart keeps the original file name.  Thanks.
(2018-10-02, 04:19)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, Rob.
Something to check...when renaming a movie after a scrape, everything is renamed correctly except for keyart.  Keyart keeps the original file name.  Thanks.

Um, which or how renaming? Will help me figure out where I forgot to add the renaming.
(2018-10-02, 04:23)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Um, which or how renaming? Will help me figure out where I forgot to add the renaming. 
After scraping, I rename using context menu rename selected movie in list - movie and folder.  Tried batch rescrape with same results.
(2018-10-02, 05:51)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-02, 04:23)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

After scraping, I rename using context menu rename selected movie in list - movie and folder.  Tried batch rescrape with same results.

Yep, forgot to add keyart type to list of acceptable fanart.tv images to rename.
Fix will be in the next release.
What is keyart? I just started using Artwork Beef and I saw it in the options.
KeyArt is poster without any writing, language free
(2018-10-02, 08:42)adun79 Wrote: [ -> ]What is keyart? I just started using Artwork Beef and I saw it in the options.

The search function in kodi wiki is already well developed:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Keyart
New Release.
Media Companion 3.723b

Bug Fixes.

New:

Fixed:
  • TV - Fix actor image load if no local actor image and Preference is only local actor image.
  • TV - Final actor fix from IMDb. (first two broke movies...oops).
  • TV - 2nd fix to episode rescrape disappearing.
  • Movie - Added keyart type to list of fanarttv images during renaming of movie files.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.723b x86 & x64

Revision History
Tested for a bit, it seems to be working. Thanks

One more bug: scraping actors from imdb (movies and episodes), if the role is followed by something in parenthesis, then it will skip the last letter of role. Example: Heather (as Full Actors Name) will be scraped as Heathe. Wonder if what's inside the parenthesis should be scraped too.
(2018-10-06, 03:34)adun79 Wrote: [ -> ]Tested for a bit, it seems to be working. Thanks

One more bug: scraping actors from imdb (movies and episodes), if the role is followed by something in parenthesis, then it will skip the last letter of role. Example: Heather (as Full Actors Name) will be scraped as Heathe. Wonder if what's inside the parenthesis should be scraped too.

Will have another look, can you give example movie or episode that IMDb has this?