Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi vbat99!

Thanks for the hint. After deleting the '.' (Dot) from the designation list scraping and renaming list entries of found video files works fine now. Appreciated!
(2018-10-08, 07:34)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-08, 05:33)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ] Win 10 x64.  For me, the drag n drop works in the folders tab but not the main browser.  Just wanted to clarify.

So drag and drop root movie folder into folder list on folder tab works, but dropping a single movie folder on top of the movie list on browser tab does not? 
Correct for me as well.  W10 x64 Media Companion.  Worked fine for years, stopped working about 6 months ago.  Updated to latest version, no change.  I've added hundreds of movies to MC using drag and drop previously.
Is there an easy way to check that tvshows and episodes are being scraped for rotten tomatoes?

edit: using tv batch scraper shows and episodes, and I can't see anything returning rotten tomatoes ratings and votes.

Thanks
Howdy, my good peeps! Quick question: So, I use SONAR to with MC to automate my TV/Episodes ansd such. It's known that occasionally certain series will reset to Un-Verified because something changes with the series (usually ratings and such); but without fail every series that shows un-verified and displays the  "?" in the series list is missing the IMDb ID. On my most recent refresh, every series is missing it.

Now I tried Batch Rescrape - Series Only - with all Tags and artwork options selected, but I still have the same issue. I then noticed Batch Rescrape doesn't have a selection for IMDb ID. I then tried Episode Only and selected only IMDb ID and had no change (my guess is with no ID for the show it can't pull ID's for Episodes. Is there any other way to re-scrape Series IMDb ID than to "right click" and select  Rescrapr TV Show from the context menu to repopulate the ID? Usually it's only a few to a few dozen to rescrape that way, but this time I'd need to do it for all 225 of my Shows individually. 

Am I missing something, or will I indeed need to re-scrape all shows individually?  On a related note, MC doesn't really like previously scraped multi episodes. Do I need to change naming format? Will that mean I will show missing episodes? Or do I need to physically edit/split multi-episodes and then re-scrape again? That would ... umm, suck.

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction. Smile
(2018-10-11, 05:17)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an easy way to check that tvshows and episodes are being scraped for rotten tomatoes?

edit: using tv batch scraper shows and episodes, and I can't see anything returning rotten tomatoes ratings and votes.

Thanks

@Edworld 

already discussed:
https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion/tickets/138/

Try for example South Park. It's getting rotten data.
OMDB have not much rotten data for TvShows in his API.

General:
There will never be votes for rotten and tvshows, if then, then only ratings.
If a TvShow ever has rotten ratings, then more likely Audience and no Critics
There are few countable AAA TvShows that have Audience and also Critics score.
But then the mentioned problem that OMDB is not very well stocked there.

But I clearly got data for a few entries.
I have with my TvShows in the .nfo's edited the data myself manually. I only needed 2 hours for 100 TvShows, just manually add the following data to the TvShow .nfo's:

Example "Band of Brothers"
        <rating name="tomatometerallcritics" max ="10">
             <Value>9.3</value>
             <Votes>N/A</votes>
         </Rating>
         <rating name="tomatometerallaudience" max ="10">
             <Value>9.9</value>
             <Votes>N/A </votes>
         </Rating>

I've done the same also for AniDB. Kodi supporting also AniDB in ratings.
I don't wanna request AniDB API data cause there exist a own Anime .nfo Media Manager, and i don't know how many Anime fans using MC out there.
(2018-10-11, 06:54)RonnieG3 Wrote: [ -> ]Howdy, my good peeps! Quick question: So, I use SONAR to with MC to automate my TV/Episodes ansd such. It's known that occasionally certain series will reset to Un-Verified because something changes with the series (usually ratings and such); but without fail every series that shows un-verified and displays the  "?" in the series list is missing the IMDb ID. On my most recent refresh, every series is missing it.

Now I tried Batch Rescrape - Series Only - with all Tags and artwork options selected, but I still have the same issue. I then noticed Batch Rescrape doesn't have a selection for IMDb ID. I then tried Episode Only and selected only IMDb ID and had no change (my guess is with no ID for the show it can't pull ID's for Episodes. Is there any other way to re-scrape Series IMDb ID than to "right click" and select  Rescrapr TV Show from the context menu to repopulate the ID? Usually it's only a few to a few dozen to rescrape that way, but this time I'd need to do it for all 225 of my Shows individually. 

Am I missing something, or will I indeed need to re-scrape all shows individually?  On a related note, MC doesn't really like previously scraped multi episodes. Do I need to change naming format? Will that mean I will show missing episodes? Or do I need to physically edit/split multi-episodes and then re-scrape again? That would ... umm, suck.

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction. Smile

For TV, selecting anything with series to batch rescrape, will update the IMDB Id. ie: select Premiered. If IMDb Id is missing, and one is found for the series, then the series is updated with the found Id.
But, this will not change the id. eg. If wrong IMDB Id, then it is not replaced. This is by design.
(2018-10-10, 05:37)clubwerks Wrote: [ -> ]Correct for me as well.  W10 x64 Media Companion.  Worked fine for years, stopped working about 6 months ago.  Updated to latest version, no change.  I've added hundreds of movies to MC using drag and drop previously.
I need to do some tests with a virtual box of Win 10, see if a update change the behaviour.
It will take some time to get to the bottom of this.
Odd this is, drag n drop on listbox works. drag n drop on datagridview doesn't.
Weird.
vbat99.

In movies view, if I click on the imdb icon, information about the movie doesnt show up:

https://imgur.com/a/EdKH2Sj

Nice to have: can you add the option on tv show to right click on search new and be able to select drive as you have it for movies?

Thanks
(2018-10-14, 15:09)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99.

In movies view, if I click on the imdb icon, information about the movie doesnt show up:

https://imgur.com/a/EdKH2Sj

Nice to have: can you add the option on tv show to right click on search new and be able to select drive as you have it for movies?

Thanks
It's showing up for me, but after a 5 second delay, and the fanart image is larger than it should be.
Probably something to do with MC using IE7 web engine.
Might be time I incorporate Chrome web extension....
(2018-10-07, 08:38)clubwerks Wrote: [ -> ]Did I accidentally turn off an option? I used to be able to drag and drop a movie folder into MC and it would scrape it and now that functionality doesn't work anymore. When I drag it over MC, it gives me the circle with the line through it. Help!
(2018-10-10, 05:37)clubwerks Wrote: [ -> ]Correct for me as well.  W10 x64 Media Companion.  Worked fine for years, stopped working about 6 months ago.  Updated to latest version, no change.  I've added hundreds of movies to MC using drag and drop previously.

(2018-10-07, 19:03)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't work for me either. I assume we're talking about drag 'n drop into the main browser, not Movie folders?
(2018-10-08, 05:33)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Win 10 x64. For me, the drag n drop works in the folders tab but not the main browser. Just wanted to clarify.

So in researching this, I went through different versions of Windows 10, and found after one anniversary update that drag'n'drop stopped working.
I googled this and found a few others had issues with Apps that work on Win 7-Win8.1, and early Win 10.
The cause seems to be that Microsoft changed security and this has upset many applications.
Here
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3265...g-and-drop
explains one programmers frustrations and a fix for their program.

Now I wonder, how many are running MC as Administrator? From a Short-cut?
Can users check properties, as per the link above, and try different permission levels? And Also, in the MC folder, rename the file Media Companion.exe.manifest by adding .old to the end and run MC again.
Trying to target different OS versions shouldn't be this difficult, and I do not want to step up to Dot Net 4.5 as this drops old Win XP (yes there are still users on XP) support.

If you could post up some results, it would be appreciated.
And just found on MSDN Community:
Quote:you can not drag and drop from an application running at a lower integrity level to applications running at a higher level because of user interface privileges.

This should be related to UAC (user account control), you may drag a file from a normal program to a high security program will destroy UAC behind the security model, it cannot drag and drop files.

You can try the following methods:

1: Use the administrator account login system

2: Disable UAC
When scraping a movie how do I have it automatically save all the extra fanart.tv art like logo, discart, etc.?
It doesn't do it on the initial run but if I right click a movie and select 'rescrape specific - fanart.tv' then it automatically saves them.

Also, what actual purpose do 'tags' have in the nfo? Can I stop these from being scraped?
>>>EDIT....I see this option in Movies>Scraper tab... but is there any benefit to them?
(2018-10-16, 01:18)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]When scraping a movie how do I have it automatically save all the extra fanart.tv art like logo, discart, etc.?
It doesn't do it on the initial run but if I right click a movie and select 'rescrape specific - fanart.tv' then it automatically saves them.

Also, what actual purpose do 'tags' have in the nfo? Can I stop these from being scraped?
>>>EDIT....I see this option in Movies>Scraper tab... but is there any benefit to them?

Movie Preferences -> Artwork tab. Select Download from Fanart.Tv during autoscrape

Tags is another way to filter movies in Kodi. We populate the Keywords from TMDb or IMDb into the tags field.
To disable, Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, unselect Store Keywords in tag field

Cheers
(2018-10-16, 07:13)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-16, 01:18)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]When scraping a movie how do I have it automatically save all the extra fanart.tv art like logo, discart, etc.?

Movie Preferences -> Artwork tab. Select Download from Fanart.Tv during autoscrape

Tags is another way to filter movies in Kodi. We populate the Keywords from TMDb or IMDb into the tags field.
To disable, Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, unselect Store Keywords in tag field

Cheers 
Thank you... already had that checked but it wasn't working. Maybe just needed a reboot... I had the program open for a couple days straight while experimenting with settings. Finally shut down last night when I posted this question... working this morning Confused
tested out now, with and without own api key, working great on my side (also for collections)