Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-10-28, 17:08)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, Rob.
Quick question about movie naming.  The default for unusable characters (e.g. ":") is an Underscore, correct?  Is that configurable somewhere I'm maybe not seeing?  That niggling thing in me hates Underscores. LOL

Its ready for the next release
Quote:(01076c3b3d1d) Movie - Change behavior of rename file and movie folder. If colon character present, new option to replace with space+dash, else colon character is removed.

I have been busy with read life, change of job, so time on MC has reduced as I get use to new role.
It won't stop, but slowed down a bit. Urgent issues will still be addresses as soon as possible, and I hope to get a new release out in the next day or so.
(2018-10-28, 17:13)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-28, 17:08)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, Rob.
Quick question about movie naming.  The default for unusable characters (e.g. ":") is an Underscore, correct?  Is that configurable somewhere I'm maybe not seeing?  That niggling thing in me hates Underscores. LOL

Its ready for the next release
Quote:(01076c3b3d1d) Movie - Change behavior of rename file and movie folder. If colon character present, new option to replace with space+dash, else colon character is removed.

I have been busy with read life, change of job, so time on MC has reduced as I get use to new role.
It won't stop, but slowed down a bit. Urgent issues will still be addresses as soon as possible, and I hope to get a new release out in the next day or so. 
Hope your new job yields more money!  Thanks for the change.  Appreciate it.
(2018-10-28, 17:27)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Hope your new job yields more money!  Thanks for the change.  Appreciate it.
Nope, less pay, but no longer enjoyed the last job after restructuring.
Got a request if it's doable.  I can set my choice of text editors in setup (I use notepad++).  When an error causes a log to be displayed, can it be opened in my choice of editor?  Makes searching for the error easier than scrolling.  Thanks.
I think that an could be possible. Will look into it
(2018-10-28, 23:18)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that an could be possible. Will look into it
 Thanks
@bobrap
Did you want only the error log to throw into alt editor? or normal log as well?
All logs would be great.  While I gotcha...in TV setup the actor source can be set as, say, all TVshow actors from TVdb.  That also shows on the main screen.  If I change the setting to something different, it doesn't show the change on the main screen unless I rescrape every show.  Takes a lot of time.  Or I can change it per show on the main screen.  Anyway, my question is, can MC be set to change the main screen to mirror what is set in settings or any changes by doing a refresh all or something?  Hope you can make some sense of all of this. LOL
(2018-10-29, 15:13)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]All logs would be great.  While I gotcha...in TV setup the actor source can be set as, say, all TVshow actors from TVdb.  That also shows on the main screen.  If I change the setting to something different, it doesn't show the change on the main screen unless I rescrape every show.  Takes a lot of time.  Or I can change it per show on the main screen.  Anyway, my question is, can MC be set to change the main screen to mirror what is set in settings or any changes by doing a refresh all or something?  Hope you can make some sense of all of this. LOL

Opening the every log in Notepad++ would be a pain, so for now I've set it to only open if scrape error occurs.

As for the setting for TV actors, this is not an overall setting, but a During Scrape setting.
I am not going to change that functionality, but I will think on a method to change actor source for all series/episodes.

Will get back to you on that.
(2018-10-28, 16:59)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-28, 06:03)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]vbat99,

Batch scraped genre and got this error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.TMDb.get_Genres()
   at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
   at Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object parameters, Object arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

No issue here. TMDb Genre scraped perfectly in Batch or Specific option. Could one of your movies not have a TMDB and IMDB Id? 

In settings I have use tmdb xbmc scraper on windows 7, the option to scrape genre from IMDB is not selected.

If I run batch scraper and only select genre, the error shows up after 9 movies.

If I select 30 movies and run the batch scraper, the error shows up after 9 movies.

If I select 30 movies and right click rescrape specific genre, error after 9 movies

I hope this helps
Sounds like a race condition I'll check the code tonight
(2018-11-01, 04:00)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]In settings I have use tmdb xbmc scraper on windows 7, the option to scrape genre from IMDB is not selected.

If I run batch scraper and only select genre, the error shows up after 9 movies.

If I select 30 movies and run the batch scraper, the error shows up after 9 movies.

If I select 30 movies and right click rescrape specific genre, error after 9 movies

I hope this helps
Yep, confirmed crash at 9th movie, no matter if 12 or 30 movies selected.
Found the issue, MC was running too fast through the movies, put a little delay in between each movie ( only 200ms ) and ran through 50 movies no error.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.724b

Bug fixes & some minor new features.

New:
  • MC - New option to open error log in alt nfo editor/viewer if one is selected.
  • TV - New option in TV Preferences -> Extras tab. Change all unlocked series/episodes actor source by button click.
  • TV - Add r-click to Search button to select root path to search for new episodes.
  • Movie - Color entry in list of movies if video is in offline folder, or a mediastub file.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Change behavior of rename file and movie folder. If colon character present, new option to replace with space+dash, else colon character is removed.
  • Movie - Movie Set art, add functionality to also save folder.jpg to movie set path.
  • Movie - Improve Batch rescrape wizard if selected options do not require a TMDB or IMDb Id.
  • Movie - Add option to context menu, Refresh movie to Cache. This will reload the nfo, and update the cache for selected movie(s).
  • Movie - Fix batch rescrape all from tmdb causing race condition.
  • Movie - Improve r-click search button functionality.
  • Music Video - Fix data returned with html tag info.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.724b x86 & x64

Revision History
Rob,
trying out the latest release, I get this error a lot when clicking on a tv episode:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.Form1.tv_SelectedEpisode(TvEpisode& SelectedEpisode, Boolean Force)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.TvTreeview_AfterSelect_Do()

Seems to go away after I do something like check show for new episodes.  I think this might have something to do with the new actors setting.  I assumed that when using the new setting it is supposed to rewrite the nfo?  Doesn't seem to rewrite for me.
Was this after clicking one of the buttons to change actor source?

Maybe get need to force a full refresh all.