Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-02-20, 18:31)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Also if doing this I would have to alter a couple settings from Koldtoft's video for future movies
Quote:**2 checkmarks in Media Companion and 1 checkmark in ArtworkBeef
for future scrapings:

on (i forget also to look on the right side "If Movies in folder, save artwork as: off, off")

off

ArtworkBeef (if ever use as also as artwork downloader scraper)

@"chrissix" @koldtoft 

Do you guys have 'extras' in your library?
I have quite a few movies with extras... behind the scenes, making of, etc.
I have these in an 'extras' folder in each movie folder.

I forget which addon is necessary for this or what skins support them...
There are 3 extras Addons out there (One of them is banned on this platform) via the context menu should all work fine. If you also want to have it via DialogVideoInfo the skin must have implemented it (or implement it yourself)
But this is quite offtopic in this thread!
(2019-02-20, 17:09)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-20, 15:33)mataus19 Wrote: [ -> ]I use MQ 7 Mod skin and I am trying to get the 'Critic consensus' from Rotten tomatoes to show on the Dialogue page. I have had it working before using Universal Scraper however it doesn't scrape other things correctly.

Is there are way to scrape the 'Critic Consensus' from RT? I have input my OMDB API so I am already scraping the RT Ratings using MC. The 'Critic Consensus' needs to be in the 'Outline' section of the movie NFO.

A little misunderstanding for new members:
CriticsConensus is a SkinHelper List.Item. Skinhelper data can not be included in the Kodi DB and thus useless put it into the .nfo.

This are kodi Interal List.Items, can be read into kodi db, and can be read from scrapers (and .nfo's):
https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels#ListItem
This are SkinHelper List.Items, bypassed data in real time from internet over OMDB api. No storaging possible, every data you got is only cached for some days in simplechache.db.
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...ideo-items

However, the critics concensus data has also been dead for a long time. The data set was deactivated in the OMDB api (for whatever reason).
@latts9923 , the creator of the mod you mean, simply replaced the data field with PlotOutline, but did not renamed the label.

What you want would be in my opinion a misuse of PlotOutline. (only my opinion)
Even though @vbat99 would want to implement it, the CriticsConensus data via the API is dead.
The data is still there on RottenTomatoes website, yes. But not longer aviable via API access.
The only option left to you is a manual paste/copy from the website into MC Plot Outline field. I pray for you if you do that, then you'll never unintentionally press the rescrape button for it *gg*
_____

Media Companion scraping the MPAA data as well as the spelling just as it stands in the databases where the data comes from and does not manipulate it.
The skin should be able to interpret the data correctly and not vice versa. The easiest way is to add in the IncludesVariables.xml a few lines of code about the desired spellings to interpret.
Alternatively, in Media Companion, in the TableView -> select column to view -> certificate -> sort. ... with not too much effort to make a bulk rename.

I have looked in the Skin codes the ratings flags of british BBFC a little closer and had to realize that it was a bit sloppy implemented. (Probably not as important as the skin has its origins in Brazil)

Leave a thumb up if i could help, greetins. 
@"chrissix" =12ptThanks for the info!

You say the critics consensus data has been dead for a long time?... however, I am getting it to scrape via 'Universal Movie Scraper' once I enter my OMDB API. I've also proven the critics consensus matches exactly what is detailed on the Rotten Tomatoes website.

Also when I export the video library to xml using Kodi it writes the critics consensus to the NFO in the 'outline' section. Please see NFO link below:

https://paste.kodi.tv/fiwesecido
=12ptIt is also showing correctly on the Leia MQ7 mod dialogue page.

Please see screenshots below…Cheers!

ImageImage
Your screenshots are convincing and I do not want to contradict you in any case. The user @Angelinas  has tried a few times over the SkinHelper to retrieve, without success.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2766658
(Both, SkinHelper and Universal Movie Scraper are linked to OMDB)
As it seems it works on the Universal Movie Scraper.

Okay, you could really alienate PlotOutline for that. Ever thought of scrape everything in Kodi in the Universal Movie Scraper and then simply export the Kodi Database to .nfo.
(2019-02-20, 19:25)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-20, 18:31)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Also if doing this I would have to alter a couple settings from Koldtoft's video for future movies
Quote:**2 checkmarks in Media Companion and 1 checkmark in ArtworkBeef
for future scrapings:

on (i forget also to look on the right side "If Movies in folder, save artwork as: off, off")

off

ArtworkBeef (if ever use as also as artwork downloader scraper)

Great feedback. Thank you. I will make sure to update my video with all of your fantastic input.
(2019-02-20, 20:06)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]Do you guys have 'extras' in your library?
I have quite a few movies with extras... behind the scenes, making of, etc.
I have these in an 'extras' folder in each movie folder.

I forget which addon is necessary for this or what skins support them...

No I have never worked with that. Sorry.
(2019-02-20, 18:19)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]If you really want to be futureproof - yes

Just to clarify.

This is the proper settings for future proof / best practice artwork settings? 

Ok I hope I nailed it this time.. I replaced the video with an updated version with a bunch of corrections. 

(2019-02-22, 03:12)koldtoft Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I hope I nailed it this time.. I replaced the video with an updated version with a bunch of corrections. 

One question: I followed the video's instructions completely but when I started rescraping my movies for the renaming process it did rename everything but left a  copy of the old misnamed folder. For instance: Zardoz (1974) and a folder (old one) Zardoz - 1974. I cancelled the process because I don't want to have to delete over a 1000 slightly different but really duplicate folders.
Am  I missing something?
This can't really be correct.

EDIT: It seems to be deleting the old renamed folders now after I restarted the program.
(2019-02-22, 08:45)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ] One question: I followed the video's instructions completely but when I started rescraping my movies for the renaming process it did rename everything but left a  copy of the old misnamed folder. For instance: Zardoz (1974) and a folder (old one) Zardoz - 1974. I cancelled the process because I don't want to have to delete over a 1000 slightly different but really duplicate folders.
Am  I missing something?
Hi Melons

I am not sure if it deletes folders "on the fly" or it waits till it's done scraping and then deletes the old folders.  I always close down my folder when I need to auto rename them, as I assume it won't be able to rename/delete folders if I have them open/selected or have one of the files inside them open.

However, if this is a bug that you have and Media Companion 3.5 for some reason can't delete your folders, it should be fairly straight forward to delete them, yourself. Maybe you can search or sort your folders by date or size and delete all the old or empty ones in one go? 

If you want to be sure it works. maybe try creating a test folder with 3-5 movies and scrape/rename them and see if it works as intended.
(2019-02-22, 03:12)koldtoft Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I hope I nailed it this time.. I replaced the video with an updated version with a bunch of corrections. 

A really insightful and informative video for newcomers.
Especially the shown setup with the extended ratings is certainly very useful. This is not completely conclusive for many beginners at first

Since newbies find most of the initial difficulties always the same. Here are a few things that are worth a tutorial also:
  • How to Organize Folder Structure (both convention ways) and MediaCompanion to get a clean Collection View + Collection artwork in Kodi. General handling with Movie Collections.
  • How to prepare and handle alternative movie versions (extended, remastered, unrated,...) in MediaCompanion.
  • How do I prepare MediaCompanion for the skin to get in Kodi in every movie/tvshow a graphics at MPAA aka certificate displayed.
  • How do I prepare MediaCompanion for the skin that I get in every movie/tvshow a studio graphics displayed.
disregard
(2019-02-22, 11:08)koldtoft Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-22, 08:45)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ] One question: I followed the video's instructions completely but when I started rescraping my movies for the renaming process it did rename everything but left a  copy of the old misnamed folder. For instance: Zardoz (1974) and a folder (old one) Zardoz - 1974. I cancelled the process because I don't want to have to delete over a 1000 slightly different but really duplicate folders.
Am  I missing something?
Hi Melons

I am not sure if it deletes folders "on the fly" or it waits till it's done scraping and then deletes the old folders.  I always close down my folder when I need to auto rename them, as I assume it won't be able to rename/delete folders if I have them open/selected or have one of the files inside them open.

However, if this is a bug that you have and Media Companion 3.5 for some reason can't delete your folders, it should be fairly straight forward to delete them, yourself. Maybe you can search or sort your folders by date or size and delete all the old or empty ones in one go? 

If you want to be sure it works. maybe try creating a test folder with 3-5 movies and scrape/rename them and see if it works as intended.   
I ran a test as you suggested and it doesn't delete the old folders and with over 3000 this will be a problem if it renames even a fraction of those. Manually deleting them by date doesn't work because all folders show the new date, how (in Windows 10) would I organize by size or some other method to delete them? (this would still be a manual deletion nightmare)
Again presently 80% of my movies are structured like this: F:\Movies\Apollo 13 - 1995\Apollo 13 - 1995.avi\1. What would you recommend?
2. Where can I see parts 2 & 3 of your video tutorial?

EDIT: It seems to be deleting the old renamed folders now after I restarted the program.
(2019-02-22, 16:01)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]
  • How to Organize Folder Structure (both convention ways) and MediaCompanion to get a clean Collection View + Collection artwork in Kodi. General handling with Movie Collections.

• How to prepare and handle alternative movie versions (extended, remastered, unrated,...) in MediaCompanion.

• How do I prepare MediaCompanion for the skin to get in Kodi in every movie/tvshow a graphics at MPAA aka certificate displayed.

• How do I prepare MediaCompanion for the skin that I get in every movie/tvshow a studio graphics displayed.

I would love to do beginner tutorials for some of those, but I would need some help because I don't don't know how half of those are done Smile 
Collections and alternative movie versions especially.