Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-02-22, 19:20)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]I ran a test as you suggested and it doesn't delete the old folders and with over 3000 this will be a problem if it renames even a fraction of those. Manually deleting them by date doesn't work because all folders show the new date, how (in Windows 10) would I organize by size or some other method to delete them? (this would still be a manual deletion nightmare)
Again presently 80% of my movies are structured like this: F:\Movies\Apollo 13 - 1995\Apollo 13 - 1995.avi\1. What would you recommend?
Media Companion delete's or moves the folder on the fly, eg per movie.
Only reasons it may not remove the original folder is
1 something remains in the folder.
2 folder is currently selected
3 Antivirus (sometimes they are scanning access folders and can cause the original folder to be locked at time of deletion by MC)
4 Or a permission issue.

You can try
1. Disable any antivirus, see if original folder is removed.
2. Run MC as Administrator.

Very rarely do I have the original folder remain after a rename is done in Media Companion.....But I have seen this also happen in Windows, where I Cut and Paste a folder to a different location, and the original folder remains but has no files within them.
(2019-02-20, 22:16)mataus19 Wrote: [ -> ]@"chrissix" =12pt[font=Times New Roman,serif][font=Arial,sans-serif]Thanks for the info!

You say the critics consensus data has been dead for a long time?... however, I am getting it to scrape via 'Universal Movie Scraper' once I enter my OMDB API. I've also proven the critics consensus matches exactly what is detailed on the Rotten Tomatoes website.

Also when I export the video library to xml using Kodi it writes the critics consensus to the NFO in the 'outline' section. Please see NFO link below:

Hi @mataus19

Yes, I see tomatoConsensus is available on OMDbAPi

I will see about adding this option to Media Companion to store this in the Outline tag.
(2019-02-20, 15:33)mataus19 Wrote: [ -> ]=11ptThanks @vbat99 for the work you put in to this excellent software!

I am hoping you will be able to help me with 2 things?

I use MQ 7 Mod skin and I am trying to get the 'Critic consensus' from Rotten tomatoes to show on the Dialogue page. I have had it working before using Universal Scraper however it doesn't scrape other things correctly.

Is there are way to scrape the 'Critic Consensus' from RT? I have input my OMDB API so I am already scraping the RT Ratings using MC. The 'Critic Consensus' needs to be in the 'Outline' section of the movie NFO.
Will be added to MC for the next release.
Quote:=11pt
Secondly is there a way to input a custom prefix for the MPAA certificate? I know there is an option for 'scraping full cert' e.g. UK:15 however this shows as 'United Kingdom:15' in the NFO. Therefore, I have to change the text in the 'IncludesVariables.xml' from 'UK:15' to 'United Kingdom:15'. It would be great to just be able to scrape the info to match what is in the 'IncludesVariables.xml'...in MQ 7 Mod case 'UK:15'

Thanks!
Not automatically, but only as mentioned by @chrissix
Quote:The skin should be able to interpret the data correctly and not vice versa. The easiest way is to add in the IncludesVariables.xml a few lines of code about the desired spellings to interpret.
Alternatively, in Media Companion, in the TableView -> select column to view -> certificate -> sort. ... with not too much effort to make a bulk rename.
(2019-02-20, 17:30)Usafle Wrote: [ -> ]I've got some "issues" which are probably created by me and not the fault of the program.  I change movies.... a lot.  What I mean is that I will have a Web-DL copy and then I'll "buy" a BluRay copy and then either a 4K or a REMUX.  The program gets all sorts of messed up since I'm constantly changing the quality of the video file. 
I do this all the time. Are you keeping the older quality videos as well? If not, what I do is copy the new, better quality movie to the existing movies folder.
Delete the earlier version movie (movie only not nfo, artwork etc).
Then rename the new version to match the nfo filename.
In MC, find the movie, and right click it.
Select Rescrape Specific -> Media Tags
This will update the nfo with the stream details for the new video file.
done!
Quote:I have about 4 duplicate entries for certain movies in the list.  I've tried to remove the movie folders that I have set up to scan, thinking it would clear the cache and then re-add the movie folders, but the same issue presents itself, duplicate entries.  I will highlight all the duplicates, select "rescrape all" the duplicates will disappear but will re-appear on the next loading of the program.  
I've also have movies that are listed, that have been "changed" and the entries are blank as well.  No matter what I do, I can't get them to show up in the program.  Trying to rescrape these missing movies will result in an application crash.  Trying to open the folder from within the program results in an application crash, etc..etc.
Looks to me like you might need to start from fresh.
I would delete all nfo's (nfo's only, not the artwork or actors (why download them again))
Do a Refresh All in MC.
Then do a Search for new Movies
Quote:Also, where in the heck is the option to disable the movies from being put into collection folders?  I thought I had found that particular option (I don't want collection folders) but a rescrape caused movies to be placed into collection folders again... lol
Look at Movie Preferences -> Renaming tab.
The folder renaming %N\%T (%Y)
Just remove the %N\ and a collection folder will not be created when the movie is renamed.

BTW, I do recommend not using IMDb scraper. Select TMDb Scraper and pick the IMDb items you want from IMDb.
ALSO. Disable Auto rename of Files and Folders during scraping many movies.
Why? Just in case they are scraped as the wrong movie, you do not what to have to hunt for missing movie's if they have been renamed.

Good Luck.
(2019-02-20, 17:40)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]If I go to the fanart.tv tab and click on each selection it shows me my current artwork on the left as well as all options on the right.
As for the fanart tab it shows my fanart stored in the main movie folder on the right and the download selections on the left... any way to actually show all the 'extra' fanart I have in my extra fanart folder to make it easier to delete or swap out?

Not at this time.

We just don't have the screen space to do this.
As well as MC has not been coded to see <moviefolder> fanart1.jpg etc
(2019-02-22, 22:15)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @mataus19

Yes, I see tomatoConsensus is available on OMDbAPi

I will see about adding this option to Media Companion to store this in the Outline tag.

Really great!

I'm a bit surprised that the data about OMDB is still available.
That would mean that access was limited only by SkinHelper. Probably that was agreed to lower the traffic. (Which is already very high anyway)
(2019-02-22, 22:33)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]I would delete all nfo's (nfo's only, not the artwork or actors (why download them again))Do a Refresh All in MC.
I've deleted the NFOs where there were duplicates.  Selected the "Search for new movies" they all came back up duplicate again and one or two of them that are dupes, won't even show anything in the main window of the program.  Not sure what the deal is?

Your other suggestions worked fine however.
I have some titles... mainly documentaries not in the IMDB or TMDB database.
In the movie list and in the bold title above 'original title' next to the save button MC3 adds either a random date or usually 1901.
How do I get rid of this and have MC3 ignore the fact that the title isn't in any online database?  I have dates in the Premiered field and don't see anywhere else to enter a date.
If I change the date in parenthesis manually it just comes right back.Image

Also trying to fill the voids in the artwork department.
I don't see any way to mass scrape individual fanart.tv art. ... for example if I have a 100 movies missing clearlogos... no option under 'rescrape specific' for this individual art... just rescrape fanart.tv.
If I do this is it only going to look for what is missing or for everything? I don't want to rescape stuff I already have especially if I may have chosen specific artworks over an automatic download.

EDIT>>>> ok, so apparantly the wrong dates are being caused by wrongly scraped movies. Fixing in the change movie tab is taking care of that but what do I do about movies not in any online database?
(2019-02-23, 04:37)Usafle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-22, 22:33)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]I would delete all nfo's (nfo's only, not the artwork or actors (why download them again))Do a Refresh All in MC.
I've deleted the NFOs where there were duplicates.  Selected the "Search for new movies" they all came back up duplicate again and one or two of them that are dupes, won't even show anything in the main window of the program.  Not sure what the deal is?

Your other suggestions worked fine however.

In the General Filter, select Duplicates to show them.
Then go to Table View, Select Columns button, and ensure you have a check against fullpath and filename.
This will show where the duplicate files are and what they are called.
(2019-02-24, 17:27)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]I have some titles... mainly documentaries not in the IMDB or TMDB database.
In the movie list and in the bold title above 'original title' next to the save button MC3 adds either a random date or usually 1901.
How do I get rid of this and have MC3 ignore the fact that the title isn't in any online database?  I have dates in the Premiered field and don't see anywhere else to enter a date.

I don't see any way to mass scrape individual fanart.tv art. ... for example if I have a 100 movies missing clearlogos... no option under 'rescrape specific' for this individual art... just rescrape fanart.tv.
If I do this is it only going to look for what is missing or for everything? I don't want to rescape stuff I already have especially if I may have chosen specific artworks over an automatic download.

EDIT>>>> ok, so apparantly the wrong dates are being caused by wrongly scraped movies. Fixing in the change movie tab is taking care of that but what do I do about movies not in any online database?
Select a movie you have manually added, and in MC right click and select Edit Movie (Alternative)
Here you can manually change the Year.
Click Save and all should be good again

As for the fanart.TV, at present MC can't rescrape specific fanart.tv images. That is due to when we do scrape, We get a list of all the images, no matter whether clearlogo, discart or landscape etc.
But, MC should not replace any existing fanart.tv image when you do the Batch Rescrape.

Or, you can do it the manual way, via the Fanart.TV tab in Media Companion.
(2019-02-24, 20:09)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-24, 17:27)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]I have some titles... mainly documentaries not in the IMDB or TMDB database.

Select a movie you have manually added, and in MC right click and select Edit Movie (Alternative)

As for the fanart.TV, at present MC can't rescrape specific fanart.tv images. That is due to when we do scrape, We get a list of all the images, no matter whether clearlogo, discart or landscape etc.
But, MC should not replace any existing fanart.tv image when you do the Batch Rescrape.

That worked for the year, thank you.
On another note... If I do a mass rescrape for a specific field like premiere. I'm missing this for hundreds of movies.
I have it scrape and then it goes through all of the movies and when its done some are scraped but most are not.
I can do as little as 10 and it may only scrape 7 or 8.
then if I scrape the ones it missed individually it gets the data...
Any idea why it would be doing this?
Your program is great and extremely powerful and I have made a big mistake. I let it rename all of my movie folders and movie files so that they would have the correct and proper names and it did that perfectly!
It also created all sorts of movie collection folders and put the correct movies in them......but I didn't and don't want them in collection folders or sets.
Is there a utility, command or even a dos cmd line that I can use to move them back in to the F:\movies\.......folder?
Thanks
OR
Is there a way to get them to show up in the KODI movie count?
If I am scrolling through my movies in "Wall" view how do I see them?
Can someone help me with this learning curve.....
(2019-02-24, 22:15)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-24, 20:09)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

That worked for the year, thank you.
On another note... If I do a mass rescrape for a specific field like premiere. I'm missing this for hundreds of movies.
I have it scrape and then it goes through all of the movies and when its done some are scraped but most are not.
I can do as little as 10 and it may only scrape 7 or 8.
then if I scrape the ones it missed individually it gets the data...
Any idea why it would be doing this?
Yes, that issue is caused by a horrible race condition I've been trying to trace down and eliminate.
But as of yet I haven't been able to get it to fully reset the tmdb scraper after every scrape and so after 7 or 8 scrapes it misses a movie.
I'm still working on it
(2019-02-24, 22:37)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]Your program is great and extremely powerful and I have made a big mistake. I let it rename all of my movie folders and movie files so that they would have the correct and proper names and it did that perfectly!
It also created all sorts of movie collection folders and put the correct movies in them......but I didn't and don't want them in collection folders or sets.
Is there a utility, command or even a dos cmd line that I can use to move them back in to the F:\movies\.......folder?
Thanks
Your option would be to change the folder renaming removing the %N\
This will mean it won't create a collection folder.
In mediacompanion go to the sets filter, selector a set, right click and select rename folders.
This will rename the movies out of the collection folder and into your root movie folder
(2019-02-24, 23:11)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-24, 22:37)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]Your program is great and extremely powerful and I have made a big mistake. I let it rename all of my movie folders and movie files so that they would have the correct and proper names and it did that perfectly!
Thanks
Your option would be to change the folder renaming removing the %N\
This will mean it won't create a collection folder.
In mediacompanion go to the sets filter, selector a set, right click and select rename folders.
This will rename the movies out of the collection folder and into your root movie folder 
I removed the %N/ in renaming options.
Do you mean go to "Movie Sets" tab select a set right click and select rename folders.
That doesn't work.......I must be doing something wrong. I'm sorry ....could you restate your instructions?
Thank you for your patience