Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe there's another option somewhere under the renaming to move the movie Into the root folder if not in a collection folder or something like that I can't recall as I can't access mediacompanion right now
Thanks, when you have the time to help will be great. I looked under renaming options and the only other option is: "Create folder under root folder if not in a movie set", I don't think that will move movies in a set out to root folder.....right?
Let me know when you have time for this...!
I wait.....
Thank you!!
(2019-02-22, 22:15)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @mataus19

Yes, I see tomatoConsensus is available on OMDbAPi

I will see about adding this option to Media Companion to store this in the Outline tag.

Thanks this will be great. Much appreciated Smile
Outline tag comes from imdb, but I cant find where that field is on imdb's web page. Is this the one that will be replaced with consensus?
Have I got this right?  The outline tag is going to be replaced with a consensus from Rotten Tomatoes? Huh  Hope that's an option because some of us don't care what Rotten Tomatoes thinks.  Just a thought. Smile
(2019-02-25, 04:57)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Outline tag comes from imdb, but I cant find where that field is on imdb's web page. Is this the one that will be replaced with consensus?
The outline comes from IMDb from the small synopsis just underneath the artwork at the top of the page.
The plot come from the plot synopsis further down the IMDB page
(2019-02-25, 06:25)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Have I got this right?  The outline tag is going to be replaced with a consensus from Rotten Tomatoes? Huh  Hope that's an option because some of us don't care what Rotten Tomatoes thinks.  Just a thought. Smile
Yes this will definitely be an option with the default being off eg from IMDb.
(2019-02-25, 02:49)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, when you have the time to help will be great. I looked under renaming options and the only other option is: "Create folder under root folder if not in a movie set", I don't think that will move movies in a set out to root folder.....right?
I wait.....
Thank you!!

Change the folder rename legend to:
%T (%Y) or whatever you want but without the %N\ in front, and also enable
Create folder under the Root folder if not in a Movie Set
Then right click a movie that has been shifted to Collection Folder, and select
Rename selected movies(s) in list -> Folder Only
This will movie the movie into the root folder..
Now, once the last movie has been moved out of the collection folder, the collection folder should be deleted if it is empty. If the collection folder remains, there may be artwork with the folder, or Windows is being a nuisance.

PS, most options in Preferences, if you pause the mouse over the option, will give a bit of an explanation.
(2019-02-25, 06:57)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-25, 06:25)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Have I got this right?  The outline tag is going to be replaced with a consensus from Rotten Tomatoes? Huh  Hope that's an option because some of us don't care what Rotten Tomatoes thinks.  Just a thought. Smile
 Great, thanks.  How's the new job coming?
(2019-02-25, 17:31)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-25, 06:57)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
 Great, thanks.  How's the new job coming?
Yeah the new job is very consuming mentally, a lot more than the previous job where I did have a heck of a lot more free time lol
How do I stop MC3 from seeing multi-part movies as two movies?... and making 2 nfo files and duplicate artwork.
When I play these in Kodi they just play as one continuous movie.Image
(2019-02-27, 19:09)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]How do I stop MC3 from seeing multi-part movies as two movies?... and making 2 nfo files and duplicate artwork.
 one option is to rename your movies to part1 part2
(2019-02-25, 08:49)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-25, 02:49)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, when you have the time to help will be great. I looked under renaming options and the only other option is: "Create folder under root folder if not in a movie set", I don't think that will move movies in a set out to root folder.....right?
I wait.....
Thank you!!

Change the folder rename legend to:
%T (%Y) or whatever you want but without the %N\ in front, and also enable
Create folder under the Root folder if not in a Movie Set
Then right click a movie that has been shifted to Collection Folder, and select
Rename selected movies(s) in list -> Folder Only
This will movie the movie into the root folder..
Now, once the last movie has been moved out of the collection folder, the collection folder should be deleted if it is empty. If the collection folder remains, there may be artwork with the folder, or Windows is being a nuisance.

PS, most options in Preferences, if you pause the mouse over the option, will give a bit of an explanation. 
Your answer/instructions were perfect! Thank you, you saved me from an immense amount of work!
(2019-02-27, 19:25)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-27, 19:09)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]How do I stop MC3 from seeing multi-part movies as two movies?... and making 2 nfo files and duplicate artwork.
 I thought this was the proper naming structure? Naming_video_files/Movies (wiki)
(2019-02-27, 20:13)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-27, 19:25)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
 I thought this was the proper naming structure? Naming_video_files/Movies (wiki) 
@huttdes 

https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies
See Point 5.1

Have you enabled/disabled following checkboxes?

I also use part1, part2 but with a hyphen: -part1, -part2

Das Boot (Original Uncut Version) (1981)-part1.mkv
Das Boot (Original Uncut Version) (1981)-part1.nfo
Das Boot (Original Uncut Version) (1981)-part2.mkv
Das Boot (Original Uncut Version) (1981)-part3.mkv

Trying a lot around with file stacking at my kodi early ages, this works best on my side.